Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados
18 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

Nope I just had my nose pressed up against my phone( kids think I’m mad anyway) trying to find anything that I thought looked like the uk. I was probably looking at a foot :rofl:

Of snow

Posted
35 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

Hi @lassie23 and @Snowflake Queen I’m here.. won’t be going anywhere. I love this group.  I’m here whether it’s snowing or it’s  sunny. My back is okay, could be a lot better though, I fell outside my house on decking about 6 months ago and have damaged the cartilage in my spine :cray: I will be having injections in to my spine to try and help with the pain. I’m currently on so many strong painkillers I’m lucky I remember I’ve got four kids. (Bit ditzy without tramadol) :crazy: this emoticon looks like me now :rofl: It’s so frustrating because I’m a really active person, I love taking the kids walking and snowboarding but can’t do anything at the mo.  I haven’t been around as much because my mum has fallen and broken her shoulder so I’ve been helping her, my 4 monsters keep my really busy and I’m also doing some online courses. (Want to go change my career) Thank you for your thoughts tho hope your all ok.

Hi

i went to have those injections, well facet joint injections, and unfortunately they didn’t help me. In fact the messing about with my spine caused me to collapse in the hospital shortly after receiving them! Hopefully they work for you though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Chance of a little snow tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
41 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

Hi @lassie23 and @Snowflake Queen I’m here.. won’t be going anywhere. I love this group.  I’m here whether it’s snowing or it’s  sunny. My back is okay, could be a lot better though, I fell outside my house on decking about 6 months ago and have damaged the cartilage in my spine :cray: I will be having injections in to my spine to try and help with the pain. I’m currently on so many strong painkillers I’m lucky I remember I’ve got four kids. (Bit ditzy without tramadol) :crazy: this emoticon looks like me now :rofl: It’s so frustrating because I’m a really active person, I love taking the kids walking and snowboarding but can’t do anything at the mo.  I haven’t been around as much because my mum has fallen and broken her shoulder so I’ve been helping her, my 4 monsters keep my really busy and I’m also doing some online courses. (Want to go change my career) Thank you for your thoughts tho hope your all ok.

injections in the spine:shok::vava:

Posted

Was feeling a bit more hopeful seeing a few comments re a warm up but now a bit downhearted at seeing possible cold/snow for Easter - we have family coming for granddaughters birthday and father in laws 80th Easter Sunday, have already had to cancel family get together a couple of weeks ago, wondering how soon I should leave before doing so again if people are travelling, don't want to leave till last minute. I appreciate some people love this weather but have had more than enough here. 

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Isabellesnanny said:

Was feeling a bit more hopeful seeing a few comments re a warm up but now a bit downhearted at seeing possible cold/snow for Easter - we have family coming for granddaughters birthday and father in laws 80th Easter Sunday, have already had to cancel family get together a couple of weeks ago, wondering how soon I should leave before doing so again if people are travelling, don't want to leave till last minute. I appreciate some people love this weather but have had more than enough here. 

looking at the gfs  to night easter  not looking  hot!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
15 minutes ago, Sarah Anne said:

Whens it gonna warm up

maybe very briefly the following week before it turns cool/cold again going by the models:good:

Posted
23 minutes ago, john mac said:

Chance of a little snow tonight.

the hrilam has it reaching us around 5am in the morning.. probably rain/sleet for most parts though.

Posted
1 minute ago, D.V.R said:

the hrilam has it reaching us around 5am in the morning.. probably rain/sleet for most parts though.

I reckon the leading edge will be snow turning back to rain.

F16F2504-3AEB-44D9-A85B-6AF015678AC0.thumb.png.cb90c3767013983fef7c93c4dba124cb.png

• Like 1

Posted

Well that will teach me to concentrate, looking at the model thread a few minutes ago and went and made a cup of tea straight after while still thinking about possible snow at easter. Came back and tasted the tea, and for a few moments could not think what had happened and what i had in my mouth.Then realised it was coffee, i had actually made coffee, not tea.Tasted weird when I was expecting to taste tea.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
1 hour ago, DonnaThw said:

I know what you're going through. 7 to 8 years ago my back was going every couple of weeks. I was in excruciating pain on a cocktail or tramadol, morphine, codeine and diazepam. Had the facet injections which helped but I eventually had surgery to have my lower spine pinned (screws) and facet augmentation surgery and touch wood have been fine since!

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

I reckon the leading edge will be snow turning back to rain.

F16F2504-3AEB-44D9-A85B-6AF015678AC0.thumb.png.cb90c3767013983fef7c93c4dba124cb.png

yeah probably..  i'll be popping out from work in the morning to find out

Posted
7 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

Well that will teach me to concentrate, looking at the model thread a few minutes ago and went and made a cup of tea straight after while still thinking about possible snow at easter. Came back and tasted the tea, and for a few moments could not think what had happened and what i had in my mouth.Then realised it was coffee, i had actually made coffee, not tea.Tasted weird when I was expecting to taste tea.

It could be worse, you could have put salt in your tea( i did that once) Apparently the Mongolians love salt in their tea, though.

A cutting wind out there night. Still have to remind myself it's the 19th of March.

Posted
Just now, Bricriu said:

It could be worse, you could have put salt in your tea( i did that once) Apparently the Mongolians love salt in their tea, though.

A cutting wind out there night. Still have to remind myself it's the 19th of March.

oh no, i did that too once in front of my colleagues who were just staring wondering if i was going to drink it, i realised after the first mouthful but to be fair the sugar and salt packets in hotel dining rooms look similar, don't they?

• Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

oh no, i did that too once in front of my colleagues who were just staring wondering if i was going to drink it, i realised after the first mouthful but to be fair the sugar and salt packets in hotel dining rooms look similar, don't they?

Yes they do, but i  don't have that excuse,:oops: i was looking out the kitchen window at snow falling and reached for the salt  instead of the sugar. I took a big gulp of tea too to make matters worse.

Posted
5 hours ago, LJS22 said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned today but i found it really odd this morning.  Got in from ice hockey last night and it was snowing so was kind of expecting a bit of a covering when i got up for work at 3.30.  Went out to my van and to my surprise the roads we all bone dry and clear.  As they were in Worthing today where my weekly delivery round is , although there were a few flurries down there during the morning.  

The wind probably blew it away or it evaporated.

Posted

I'm yearning for some warmth but still have this desire to see it snow one more time:crazy:

Right.. time for me to try and get a little nap before work.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
3 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

I'm yearning for some warmth but still have this desire to see it snow one more time:crazy:

I agree. If only all the sleet, snow and slush can bugger-off until December, I'll be happy!:D

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

I agree. If only all the sleet, snow and slush can bugger-off until December, I'll be happy!:D

Don't listen to him  snow:P) You are welcome anytime! Please don't be a stranger.

Edited by Bricriu
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)
46 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

sleeping again young man ???????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Maxed out at 2.3 this arvo in Locksbottom and is currently -0.4.Gradual thaw of snow, but this morning in particular was bitter and pavements were dangerously icy!!-Nearly stacked it in Sainsbury car park at Locksbottom which had not been gritted at all!!