SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

8 minutes ago, Hotspur61 said:

We maxed out at 1.3 this morning about 11am but since then the temp has gradually dropped falling below zero about 4 and is currently -0.5.Although not officially an Ice Day flipping cold for this time of year.Light snow started falling here about 3.45 with the odd moderate burst and is still light giving a light covering everywhere and everything looking picturesque(maybe 0.5cm at most).Much as i would love to see a Thames Streamer set up i think it is unlikely but still think this light snow will continue until the early hours(HIRLAM has it continuing till about 7-8am!!)

This will be the last snow for us from this current cold snap although tomorrow will still be very cold with a max of only 2 or 3 for most.Thereafter a steady rise in temps during the week with temps 8-10 by Weds and pretty much that level for rest of week.

Maxed out at-0.4 here, then went down to -1.3 unfortunately now temp going back up, currently -0.4 again. I think your temp will start rising too.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm losing the will to live.  Once again, for those at the back. The main snow risk isn't until 4pm onwards. 4pm onwards. 4pm onwards. 4pm onwards. 4pm onwards. The colde

So the cold is almost at an end with a steady thaw expected over the coming days. As such the region will be one again. May I just say that the last week has been a real experience and I must tha

Some people need to grow up. If you want to bicker and snipe do it via PM. Because the rest of us don’t want to know.

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Green in the estuary! Don’t know about anyone else but I’m keeping a close eye on this.

BCCA0645-A4B2-4DCF-9F19-A153AF6CAFB9.thumb.png.7a7f41ef0df74799a62c8376722e6942.png

1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

lol does the dance involve wearing a bra on your head, by April i doubt it would be cold enough for settling snow even if I polish my bucket after cleaning it for 6 hours. It would have to be exceptional, not the bucket, but the cold.

Someone's blocked my posts mate?

• Haha 1
Just now, FiftyShadesofSnow said:

Not sure mare mate but I saw a rat in my garden...drinking 43% gin as well.

Is that before or after you drank the gin?

• Haha 4
7 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Maxed out at-0.4 here, then went down to -1.3 unfortunately now temp going back up, currently -0.4 again. I think your temp will start rising too.

Yes Alexis,

A bit worrying and according to Meteociel, Shoeburyness, has "pluie"!

http://www.meteociel.fr/

Regards,

Tom.

13 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

lol does the dance involve wearing a bra on your head, by April i doubt it would be cold enough for settling snow even if I polish my bucket after cleaning it for 6 hours. It would have to be exceptional, not the bucket, but the cold.

you are just looking for excuses. we have had snow from a northerly before in April. its very rare,but so is an easterly twice in March.Now get that damn bra on your head and starting doing the funky chicken dance aka snow dance  hehe. there is a guide online on how to do it. 

Edited by John Ronane
1 minute ago, dubmuffin said:

Been out to do the bins, snowing, feels a bit warmer than earlier, although that could be the roast chicken and cava combo

You're still having those hot flushes?:p

• Haha 2

Are there historical radars from way back? I’d love to see the radar for Jan 1987. Think that’d be epic. 

• Like 1

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2s693rq&s=9#.Wq7MwpcuDIU

Here's a picture of the big spider, don't look if you are spiderphobic.

Its funny, when Southernman was alive I used to be petrified and made him take them outside but since I've spent so long alone, I'm just like, oh another big spider, hmmm leave it, no worries. There must be half a dozen like that i have seen today in different rooms, no its not the same one all the time.Time was, I woud have screamed my head off seeing this one, I didn't even flinch at it.

Edit to say thats not magnified and i took the photo from some way back, it really was big.

Edited by JennyJane1
  • Haha 1

Burst of heavier snow here near Croydon, now easing, has turned roads and pavements white, nice bonus snow event this evening, before the thaw tomorrow 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1