Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Posted
    2 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

@bluearmy you must have seen a fair bit? And ongoing shows how intangible everything is. 

CEDA37EE-588C-412F-9840-51AFE3070DA3.thumb.png.10da652dbb96f306f0c5e663a18ba199.png

Well we finally have our pavements and roads covered 

Checking out in the garden reveals around 2/3 cms but I think we can see the back end although latest hirlam wants to keep the light stuff going 

BD19ADE0-6C75-4E5E-9A4F-5AF4A25BB790.thumb.jpeg.4a96d5fcdf23aa979b1f0af8a02c3409.jpeg

• Like 4
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 5.7k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm losing the will to live.  Once again, for those at the back. The main snow risk isn't until 4pm onwards. 4pm onwards. 4pm onwards. 4pm onwards. 4pm onwards. The colde

So the cold is almost at an end with a steady thaw expected over the coming days. As such the region will be one again. May I just say that the last week has been a real experience and I must tha

Some people need to grow up. If you want to bicker and snipe do it via PM. Because the rest of us don’t want to know.

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder
    7 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

I’m literally on the southern boundary of the snow band. Would be lovely to see a good cover tomorrow 

Looking like you're going to get properly dumped on according to Steve M's last pic

Edited by John Stevens
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Just come off the phone to my folks. 5cms just outside bury st Edmunds. About 3cms here in Waltham abbey

• Like 1
    Posted

With all this snow that has fallen if it was a cold build up easily could have seen more than x3 the amount. 

Edited by Daniel*
    • Like 1
    Posted
    24 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

I don’t need the stupid bickering either mate, yet I’m now getting others having a go at me. I’m not here for that. I like to think I have something positive to add 

If you don't like someone put them on ignore because in cyberspace nobody can hear you scream :D  

Posted

Sussex folk who have seen next to nothing? This band has pepped up a bit and expanded swerving away a tad.

E7528C5F-17C6-4556-8478-E66799AAD032.thumb.png.bad42d929ccc7f8907b196253a3ced9c.png

• Like 2
    Posted
    Just now, Daniel* said:

Sussex folk who have seen next to nothing? This band has pepped up a bit and expanded swerving away a tad.

E7528C5F-17C6-4556-8478-E66799AAD032.thumb.png.bad42d929ccc7f8907b196253a3ced9c.png

Unfortunately as it moves north it also  moves west so might just miss us

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat
    1 minute ago, Daniel* said:

Been snowing here for the last 45 mins or so , it’s laying on cars grass etc but not on the road or pavements , enjoying watching it fall past the lamppost ?

• Like 3
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Started snowing lightly again in Hailsham.

Bit of a dusting on cars and grass.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,snow+gales

Nothing here in Rayleigh now looked promising earlier but stuff all really apart from a few flurries,amber warning ha ha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Snow really setting in here in Ampthill now. 1 inch level / up to 3inches in the drifts. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers
    39 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

How you get that much and how did it sneak past me here :girl_devil::rofl:

Coming the 15 miles to Brentwood to sledge tomorrow then, any decent venues apart from South Weald ?

It’s the sneaky Brentwood elevation! I’ve got piles of the stuff here. South Thorndon is pretty good for sledging, The slope is steep and it gets overlooked by everyone piling into Weald.

• Like 2
    Posted
    2 minutes ago, Team Jo said:

It’s the sneaky Brentwood elevation! I’ve got piles of the stuff here. South Thorndon is pretty good for sledging, The slope is steep and it gets overlooked by everyone piling into Weald.

Thorndon it is then, and thats closer to me as well

Posted

Popped over to the shop and took a few snaps. I loved the little icicles on the lamp outside Asda. It didn't seem like much was falling but my footprints were already filled in outside my house when I got back after 10 minutes. 
    It's just stopped. 

march-1.jpg

march-2.jpg

march-3.jpg

march-4.jpg

march-5.jpg

march-6.jpg

march-7.jpg

march-8.jpg

• Like 5
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
    46 minutes ago, James Gold said:

Met office just give up already the >95% chance of persistent heavy snow all night is just not going to happen

Why have they kept showing heavy snow for this area all day I wonder and what looked like a streamer on the graphics, its been mainly flurries, some heavier ones, but just flurries. Maybe its just the computer running the show at the Met Office and they all went out for Paddy's Day.:blink2:

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.
    54 minutes ago, leemondo said:

Okay, I wanted to spend the evening with some light hearted banter and you lovely folks talking about snow etc, seems snow isn't as magical as I thought.

Just to put things in perspective, on Monday it is the 1st anniversary of my wonderful Mum's passing to the b***h that is Cancer, I am not looking for sympathy just trying to get across that petty squabbles about bloody snow really don't matter, no amount of words will change tonight's situation.

If it snow's where you are then great, if it does not, then sorry, please try to look at life outside uncontrollable atmospheric conditions.

Sorry but it's all gone downhill a bit fast for me this evening :sorry::cray:

Post of the day my friend. A little perspective never does any harm. Even though you will never get over your Mum passing time will soften the heartache.

• Like 1
    • Thanks 2
    Posted
    1 minute ago, moogyboobles said:

Popped over to the shop and took a few snaps. I loved the little icicles on the lamp outside Asda. It didn't seem like much was falling but my footprints were already filled in outside my house when I got back after 10 minutes. 
    It's just stopped. 

march-1.jpg

march-2.jpg

march-3.jpg

march-4.jpg

march-5.jpg

march-6.jpg

march-7.jpg

march-8.jpg

That's an interesting drawing in the snow in picture number 4 :rofl:

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!
    2 minutes ago, Matty J said:

Very tall cyclist... :D 

With an exploding head!!! :drunk-emoji:

Edited by Mark
    Posted
    1 minute ago, Matty J said:

I wanted to congratulate the artist but I'd just missed them. 

Posted

Well it’s still snowing here in galleywood all be it very light now , think that’s it for me now ... been a lovely day , been snowing majority of the day ... have a few cms can’t complain for the time of year ... ❄️❄️???

• Like 2
    Posted
    7 minutes ago, moogyboobles said:

It's just stopped. 

march-1.jpg

march-2.jpg

march-3.jpg

march-4.jpg

march-5.jpg

march-6.jpg

march-7.jpg

march-8.jpg

Had to look twice at that fourth pic , thought it was someone riding a bike ???? then realised I was looking at meat and 2 veg ??? 

• Like 2