Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Captain Shortwave

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

What do we expect its march 18th!!!!!! I am still amazed to see the large icicles on sheds and windows 

Has been no snow for last hour, seen to be in the void coming from south coast. Loads of activity to the north but wind not bringing it this watch at the moment. 

Well my neighbour has no back window and I have no front window or bonnet 😂😂😂

8C11D68A-DAA9-4921-B5C9-BA6427005826.jpeg

6BD012C9-E5EC-458A-B484-F54B301A5A35.jpeg

This place is confusing. Steve Murr saying it’s  the beginning of the end while others saying the heaviest stuff is still to come? I think I’ll reserve judgement because most predictions have been wrong.

To be fair, if Kent doesn’t fair well, would it be a disaster? Many in Kent were snowed in last time, but my friends just down the road from here only had a dusting. I guess it’s their turn for something!

Edited by CK1981

are my eyes playing tricks on me or is the mass of precip heading sw but the heavy stuff is heading north ??

Yawn!

Another major let down in this part of Surrey. Just like two weeks ago, all the action is too far East and this time north.

Come on summer, do us a favour and get your bottom in gear and hurry up!

Edited by Radiating Dendrite

Just now, CK1981 said:

To be fair, if Kent doesn’t fair well, would it be a disaster? Many in Kent were snowed in last time and my friends just down the road from here only had a dusting. I guess it’s their turn for something!

Unfortunately many of us poor Sussex folk next door fared relatively poorly last time and looks like we could miss out again.

Still, there’s always next time and fingers crossed for others in the region.

Don’t think anyone has a clue! But it is snowing

Been pretty steady here in SWF for a while now. Everything is white and nobody has driven past my house since it started settling (unusual, it's quite a busy street) so it looks lovely.
I've got 2 inches on my garden table. Obviously there is less on the roads as it's only been settling there for a couple of hours. 

Edited by moogyboobles

11 minutes ago, cjwardy said:

Such a shame for us in Kent

I believe we still have a chance of showers tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, nicktabs said:

Non event? Right..... :fool:

Screen Shot 2018-03-17 at 20.44.29.png

So pleased someone said that 

3 minutes ago, john mac said:

Don’t think anyone has a clue! But it is snowing

Well said :)

Can see big line of Cbs to my north over the crouch estuary - seems to be drying out down here atm which is a worry

3 minutes ago, moogyboobles said:

Been pretty steady here in SWF for a while now. Everything is white and nobody has driven past my house since it started settling (unusual, it's quite a busy street) so it looks lovely.
I've got 2 inches on my garden table. Obviously there is less on the roads as it's only been settling there for a couple of hours. 

Just come back from the town square, surprised how much has accumulated so far. Looking like another 6-9 hours of light to moderate snow :)

Well,I have consigned myself to defeat,missed out last time,as places barely a couple of miles away were getting hammered,and it's not to be this time either,so frustrating,never mind,roll on next winter

So SE London and NW Kent go from the sweet spots to sweet FA...couldn't make it up what a poor effort from both easterlies 

3 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

This place is confusing. Steve Murr saying it’s  the beginning of the end while others saying the heaviest stuff is still to come? I think I’ll reserve judgement because most predictions have been wrong.

Agreed it isn’t going to plan so who knows it should be dragged more south so areas outside firing area in should theory come back into it.

10 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

To be fair, if Kent doesn’t fair well, would it be a disaster? Many in Kent were snowed in last time, but my friends just down the road from here only had a dusting. I guess it’s their turn for something!

Exactly! Looks like the luck has turned for those a bit further north! 😊😳👍

2 minutes ago, Lampostwatcher said:

london about to get a covering then me 

another couple of cms :-)

Is that all you think you’ll end up with? Seems you have a fair bit more waiting!!

This looks more like a traditional ESE Streamer, which runs true with SWF and Chelmsford having 5-8cm whereas Leigh ON Sea has barely a dusting on the roads and still the 3cm from this morning on the grass.

Pi$$ Poor