Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Captain Shortwave

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

4 minutes ago, Weathizard said:

Absolute zilch down here in Brighton, pathetic tbh! Oh well aye.

oh well thats seaside location for you.at least you're in the best position for summer.  winter is never great by the coast...unless you like rain and gales.

• Like 1

I wish we had an interactive map so we could all post our conditions to give a better idea of where the main precip is.

From an imby point of view, about 6 miles south east of central London, it is progressing nicely. Nothing fantastic, but with a long night ahead I'm not disappointed with what I have seen today.

3 minutes ago, Lampostwatcher said:

getting plastered here 

blizzard conditions and green on radar 

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::rofl:

Same here , (galleywood,Chelmsford ) it’s coming down thick and fast , even my dogs looking out the window watching it 😂😂😂, oh and just coincidental her name is snow 😂😂❄️❄️

Edited by Angel Wings
  • Like 4

Looked at latest ECM precipitation forecast, if it is right then might not be much more to come in the far SE corner :(

1 minute ago, bluearmy said:

How are your pavements saint. Considering the air temps have been hovering around zero max earlier and  been sub zero for the past few hours, surprised that the local pavements are resisting accums 

Hi BA, It's a bit of a mix but the majority are getting towards a covering now. Although the road is actually doing better than parts of the pavements still, which is a new one. 

Could it possibly in part down to the wind again blowing the snow around? 

4 minutes ago, username home said:

pretty sure that it's starting to pivot southwards

Yes it is, wait and see after 20.00 it will become more obvious :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lampostwatcher said:

getting plastered here 

blizzard conditions and green on radar 

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::rofl:

Where ? Can you put location in please as some of us using phones can’t see , thanks 

It’s been snowing here pretty well for what seems like a while not much to show for it but grass is all white.

Disappointed in SE London I just don’t see anything remarkable happening from now looking at where it’s all going - tell me I’m wrong please but the ‘4pm’ is yet to come haha

Just hoping this SW pivot does something for me

Edited by James Gold

Just been out to cover up the rabbits, absolutely pouring with snow here in RH1 and very crunchy under foot. 

• Like 1

I’ve been watching this band for a while. I think it’ll move WSW, so anywhere north of London then down to the south west should be lucky. It could expand and change though.

Edited by CK1981

Defo  moved north from here, due north it seems. Wonder what it's doing. Think snow will stop here soon, at least we got a covering while it was green, although cars and people walking are already taking that away.

Edited by alexisj9

Same as above been snowing for 12 hours here but nothing much to show for it. I thought by now it’s be settling on the paths etc but it’s actually making it wet yet it’s -1oC. Very strange. 

• Like 1

Just looked out the window for the first time in about an hour and everywhere is getting a covering including the main road A25, and it keeps on falling (Sevenoaks)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marie said:

Where ? Can you put location in please as some of us using phones can’t see , thanks 

press on my name your see my location

• Like 1

Just now, Marie said:

Shotley Suffolk, moderate snow now ground now covered

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, london-snow said:

Did someone say patience earlier 🤣

Yes bloody hell it's 4pm the snows coming..., I've just woken up what time is it?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, sunnijim said:

Yes, we are in danger here now of becoming dry in SE London looking at the latest radar returns.

There seems to be a gradual pivet NW of the snow band.

Totally at odds with what I was expecting in terms of direction by now.

Yes agree sj, looks to be lifting north of us now. Sweet spot north of London, now.

Regards,

Tom.

Just now, c00ps said:

Same as above been snowing for 12 hours here but nothing much to show for it. I thought by now it’s be settling on the paths etc but it’s actually making it wet yet it’s -1oC. Very strange. 

It’s the residual warmth from the mild temperatures in the teens unlike last time it started fairly anticyclonic. However, if snow is of a strong intensity it would.

• Like 1

Well I had just left a pack of Peroni out in the garden to cool down and it did the trick

I did have to clear about 1cm of snow off the top though

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, James Gold said:

Disappointed in SE London I just don’t see anything remarkable happening from now looking at where it’s all going - tell me I’m wrong please but the ‘4pm’ is yet to come haha

Yep i am in Locksbottom and sadly i tend to agree with you.Unless there is a Southwards correction i think those NW of London and areas West of London will do best out of tonight.That said it is an evolving situation and expect the unexpected maybe?.We have had light/moderate snow falling for about 3/4 hours now but only a slight covering and nothing compared to this mornings snow that gave us a covering of 3cms this morning from 8-10.30 this morning.

• Like 2

South coast - circulation around Brighton ( like the eye of a storm no PPN )

4787552D-1F20-4401-B733-01F214E7C624.thumb.jpeg.e3e41d709f93bd8e970c4f0e62d3e0bd.jpeg

• Like 1

Just fine snow with a fine dusting here at Gatwick.

4 minutes ago, c00ps said:

Settling everywhere here including the paths/pavements but the main road is just wet with puddles. 

• Like 3