Sign in to follow this  
Captain Shortwave

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

What is really evident is that we now have the dry powdery type of snow. Very little here but what we do have is settling instantly.

It's only stopped a few times in the past few hours, but it's only just starting to settle on the paths here in SWF.

Snow picking up, starting to settle on pavements. And trying to on side roads 

4 minutes ago, Angel Wings said:

This is currently what my phone weather app is saying .... hmmm 

DE729AF6-2144-4EBF-9B9D-8E7105E7A98D.jpeg

battery 72 percent:good:

As per the norm,nothing at all here,need the ppn to start sinking southwards,as im the clear spot

Just now, lassie23 said:

battery 72 percent:good:

Currently on charge as I type 😂 got to be ready for any event that may happen 😂😂

32 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

If you want a bit o' chocolate on your....join our club!:shok:

TRIO, TERRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEOOOOOOO

6 minutes ago, Katrine Basso said:

It  has been snowing since 7 am and there is a heavy dusting of snow.  It stopped snowing in the late of morning.  It has been sporadic snow showers since the early afternoon and the snow will become heavier over night.  The pearly grey clouds have been thickening throughout the day. The temperature is now at -1.5 °C , the windchill is at -4.9 °C , the apparent temperature is -5.2 °C  and the dew point is -2.3 °C .

What is an "apparent" temp!!!?>??

Steady but still light snow falling in Rochester.

My daughter is at Uni in Lincoln & said it's hammering down there. My other daughter (a few miles from Rochester) has been sending me pictures of her garden all day. Love how they see snow & immediately think 'Tell Mum!' Like I'm not already watching the radar!!  

1 minute ago, JennyJane1 said:

TRIO, TERRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEOOOOOOO

I better remember that when we get a cab in Great Yarmouth......TRIOOOO TERRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIEEEEEEOOOOOOOO

Sorted

Edited by FiftyShadesofSnow

Lamppost has just come on outside my house 👍 and it’s snowing lightly but it’s still snow Brighton temp is 0.1 dewpoint -2.5

13 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

It’s a shame the cold didn’t move in earlier .

Looking at some of the temps today many parts could have recorded their latest ever ice day .

Moderate snow falling now. Settling on most surfaces.

Binfield, Berkshire 

Sorry, Nick, that was supposed to be a new post.

Edited by CK1981

9 minutes ago, tomp456 said:

Are you going to put money on it?

I'd put a bitcoin on at least 3.98 flakes per min, probably increasing to 20+ or 200+ by midnight.

25 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Bugger! That's only half of the Triangle of Doom. Talk about 'winning the Jackpot'!:80:

Nope, dark here, nothing going on except quite windy and very cold, i've changed the baby bird's blanket and disinfected his nest so he'll be all comfy tonight.

A few flakes blowing around in the wind in here in Ashford, nothing substantial and I think this whole episode really isn't going to amount to much(not for this location).

3 minutes ago, Marie said:

Lamppost has just come on outside my house 👍 and it’s snowing lightly but it’s still snow Brighton temp is 0.1 dewpoint -2.5

To those with lampposts I say - boo. None here for miles.  But we do have 3.45 flakes per minute.

Edited by Come rain snow or shine

1 minute ago, k66yla said:

A few flakes blowing around in the wind in here in Ashford, nothing substantial and I think this whole episode really isn't going to amount to much(not for this location).

I suspect the same for down here in Folky.

Just roll on Spring now.

4 minutes ago, FiftyShadesofSnow said:

I better remember that when we get a cab in Great Yarmouth......TRIOOOO TERRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIEEEEEEOOOOOOOO

Sorted

Actually, i'm sure there used to be a chocolate biscuit called a Taxi.

Just now, Come rain snow or shine said:

To those with lamposts I say - boo. None here for miles.  But we do have 3.45 flakes per minute.

I have a lampost outside mine , they changed it for the new white led ones and they go off at midnight so pants really 🤪

Just now, JennyJane1 said:

Actually, i'm sure there used to be a chocolate biscuit called a Taxi.

Indeed there was

4 minutes ago, Come rain snow or shine said:

What is an "apparent" temp!!!?>??

The definition that I found on the internet is what the temperature feels like. I got the weather data from the Thurrock Weather station website which is based in Tilbury.

Hi all 

Mizzle stuff all day .. settled on the hills above Godstone ...  hope for a reasonable fall overnight!

2 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

Nope, dark here, nothing going on except quite windy and very cold, i've changed the baby bird's blanket and disinfected his nest so he'll be all comfy tonight.

Absolutely zilch here, JJ. I have the feeling it's going to stay that way.:cray:

1 minute ago, Katrine Basso said:

The definition that I found on the internet is what the temperature feels like. I got the weather data from the Thurrock Weather station website which is based in Tilbury.

Just feels like -1C with a strong wind, to me?:shok:

Wow, this mass developing around East Anglia. Now, I think it’ll move south west, but that will put more of north London in the mix. The area will then move south west to my area. Maybe the Amber zone will move. It’s such a fluid situation.