Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Shortwave

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Recommended Posts

Nothing significant to report here. Heaviest snow was this morning. Has been polystyrene on and off since then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, James Oliver said:

Still looks okay for us. Showers starting to develop between us the continent 

We have our own mini yellow blob, where our streamer may continue from hopefully. Fingers crossed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Full blown snizzard here now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IPredictASnowStorm said:

I don't see where anyone is seeing heavy snow that green and blue is terrible I was in middle of it and didn't even land

Yeah I understand the radar returns can be frustrating, TBH I only ever really follow what others are reporting, hopefully everyone will get a snow fix this evening :good:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just so people know this is NOT a Kent clipper, its a textbook thames streamer setting up. Worth noting the winds did briefly swing more NE asthe convergence line set-up, but now winds bending back ENE and as a result the snowfall shield is developing in the mouth of the Thames.

Expect returns to get heavier and spread westwards with time. So far this is looking similar to Feb 2009 in terms of timing, may not evolve that way though of course!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

We have our own mini yellow blob, where our streamer may continue from hopefully. Fingers crossed.

Intensifying again in the town. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Just so people know this is NOT a Kent clipper, its a textbook thames streamer setting up. Worth noting the winds did briefly swing more NE asthe convergence line set-up, but now winds bending back ENE and as a result the snowfall shield is developing in the mouth of the Thames.

Expect returns to get heavier and spread westwards with time. So far this is looking similar to Feb 2009 in terms of timing, may not evolve that way though of course!

amounts will be much less I think. We had about a foot but not expecting anything like this. That was also a Sunday night so we got a day off Monday. But this time it will be melted by this coming Monday!

 

Edited by Jan 87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Intensity of small flakes gradually increasing, in SE12. Wind seems gustier too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick question....what site do you use to view HIRLAM? The site I usually use is showing a blank space?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snow starting up again in Rochester & looks like it's getting a bit heavier now! Small flakes laying on what's left from this morning. Pavements starting to get a little light dusting too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, James Oliver said:

Intensifying again in the town. 

We need a period of green and yellow ppn to get it to start landing, think here it might just stay on grass and cars otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, alexisj9 said:

We need a period of green and yellow ppn to get it to start landing, think here it might just stay on grass and cars otherwise.

Exactly my thinking. I'm hoping as the whole region seems intensification in the next few hours so will our bits. 

It's not over yet for the Amber to be extended to the far East Coast. 

🙏🙏🙏🙏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, leemondo said:

It gets a bit tiresome, wading through posts complaining/moaning and writing off a snow event that was never ment to start until this afternoon, follow the radar and the reports in here, it will make your evening far less stressful 🙂, just started snowing again here in crowborough, onlynlight but it's a start!

Exactly! There’s nothing to write off with this developing situation. People need to be patient!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Essex Chelle said:

Tick tock tick tock it' nearly 4oclock ☺😂❄❄❄❄☃☃☃☃❄❄❄😂😂😂😂

Well these flurries are hardly what orange sausage weather warnings are made of, not even close to a yellow warning this, I would not be happy if I had cancelled an event or a journey because of that warning from 4pm and got this lot.:laugh:

still think it will get heavier later on for some of us though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, James Oliver said:

Exactly my thinking. I'm hoping as the whole region seems intensification in the next few hours so will our bits. 

It's not over yet for the Amber to be extended to the far East Coast. 

🙏🙏🙏🙏

Screenshot_20180317-154847.thumb.png.92d6cb57cc2e25a252595d734e56ec67.pngFB_IMG_1521225497912.thumb.jpg.e24e1340428ab094a89c8b085422addd.jpg

You can almost smell Spring here in sunny Deal..

No, I kid, it's going to snow for all of us this eve! 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snizzle getting a bit heavier here in Bexleyheath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, snowray said:

Well these flurries are hardly what orange sausage weather warnings are made of, not even close to a yellow warning this, I would not be happy if I had cancelled an event or a journey because of that warning from 4pm and got this lot.:laugh:

still think it will get heavier later on for some of us though.

It’s not 4 yet 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it's certainly gradually getting heavier here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, snowray said:

Well these flurries are hardly what orange sausage weather warnings are made of, not even close to a yellow warning this, I would not be happy if I had cancelled an event or a journey because of that warning from 4pm and got this lot.:laugh:

still think it will get heavier later on for some of us though.

Trust me our green blob will be filling the Thames with heavy snow soon, let it develop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ellozee said:

Screenshot_20180317-154847.thumb.png.92d6cb57cc2e25a252595d734e56ec67.pngFB_IMG_1521225497912.thumb.jpg.e24e1340428ab094a89c8b085422addd.jpg

You can almost smell Spring here in sunny Deal..

No, I kid, it's going to snow for all of us this eve! 😄

I can't even look at that imagine!!!! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snowing here still but tiny flakes. The roads and pavements had dried outbut the snow is wetting them again now rather than settling :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...