Snow?

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm losing the will to live.  Once again, for those at the back. The main snow risk isn't until 4pm onwards. 4pm onwards. 4pm onwards. 4pm onwards. 4pm onwards. The colde

So the cold is almost at an end with a steady thaw expected over the coming days. As such the region will be one again. May I just say that the last week has been a real experience and I must tha

Some people need to grow up. If you want to bicker and snipe do it via PM. Because the rest of us don’t want to know.

Posted Images

Just now, snowy weather said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but you are in Horsham?

How's it looking for us?

yes i am. it does seem to be building very slowly. we all need to watch the blob off the thames estuary, thats where the action will start and it looks like it already is...

Been away from the radar for 45 mins and certainly looks like a Thames Snow Streamer brewing, since the last time I looked a lot more snow gathering in Thames Estuary and south North Sea, heavier too.

948DB38C-9ECF-44AF-84DF-5E09C2AD3192.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Djdazzle said:

Well after this little green blob the radar is clear with nothing coming from the North Sea. Starting to have doubts now.

Snow showers can form in the streamer closer to the coast so don’t doubt it all yet

Snow intensity has gradually been building. I think it's time to pour a glass of liquid courage, sit back and enjoy the snow show:air_kiss:

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Nick F said:

Been away from the radar for 45 mins and certainly looks like a Thames Snow Streamer brewing, since the last time I looked a lot more snow gathering in Thames Estuary and south North Sea, heavier too.

948DB38C-9ECF-44AF-84DF-5E09C2AD3192.png

Yes looking good, we are getting there rather slowly but I think that we shall have a very interesting evening coming up.:rolleyes:

Before I lose the will to live reading some of these comments of doom and gloom, let’s clarify things, yet again:

1) This is a developing situation 

2) The late afternoon predictions still stand 

3) The radar returns are now showing the development

4) If you’re still not convinced, I give up

Just be patient and you’ll be rewarded....if you’re in a favourable location.

Edited by CK1981
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

Well after this little green blob the radar is clear with nothing coming from the North Sea. Starting to have doubts now.

The blob stays where it is and just pumps ppn in whatever direction the wind is blowing. It's where the convection starts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, bobbydog said:

yes i am. it does seem to be building very slowly. we all need to watch the blob off the thames estuary, thats where the action will start and it looks like it already is...

It looks like there a thames streamer building which from my limited understanding is that we do very well out of it usually.

I know it is impossible to forecast snow but the met office have been toying with the idea of us getting heavy snow at some point. Granted they have been pushing it back and bringing it forward but it seems like we may get lucky.

6 minutes ago, Come rain snow or shine said:

Looking at the direction [anti clockwise] of the snow radar returns for the SE ... it does look as if a low is forming over the south east  [between london and the sussex coast].  

What does that mean? Just looking to learn :)

15 minutes ago, John Stevens said:

Heavy snow started early here in the Surrey hills

Hi John, can I ask a question? Do you know when the term Surrey Hills appeared! I hear it constantly now and have lived here for nearly 50 years and never heard it until I saw a board go up on the side of the road in Farnham a few years ago! I just wondered if you had any idea?