Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Captain Shortwave

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

3 minutes ago, FiftyShadesofSnow said:

Look shall we relax, the riddle is unsolvable so let's chill.

one more try, i think the answer is Gordon Ramsey.

Can confirm it is snowing here now 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

So, guys, as the beast is dying I was wondering what all your weather preferences are? For me, I love any extremes. Snow and cold in the Winter to heatwaves and severe thunderstorms in the Summer. Spring and Autumn are a bit ‘meh’ for me.

Snow, obviously:cold-emoji:, then thunderstorms...I'll take thundersnow if I have to!:D

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Paul Sherman said:

Been an amazing week. First the powder snow great for sledging Tues to Thur and now the wetter snow last night great for snowman building and the kids did a great job this morning.

IMG_2775.JPG

IMG_2780.JPG

Wow your lucky we only got yesterday's and it was powder here. Kids through some snow balls about yesterday. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JennyJane1 said:

Its dangerous to toast your baps like that.

I am trying so hard not to type what’s in my head ! So will say yes your right jenny but I do have a hubby who makes sure they are protected with the correct cream ... ok am now leaving 🤭

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

so almost in scotland:good:

No where near Scotland. ! 

Just now, Ed Stone said:

Snow, obviously:cold-emoji:, then thunderstorms...I'll take thundersnow if I have to!:D

oh i dont mind thundersnow, i've seen it with lightning once and heard it once and it was completely different to normal thunder.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Love snow but I get bored easy ... Spring for all the blossom trees ( look like snow when it falls ) summer ( very hot )  to toast my baps ! autumn all the wonderful colours of the trees 

i love toasted baps, i find summer quite dull if it is non stop sun, the odd thunderstorm to break the boredom, the last summer before the mini ice sets in approaches:good:

• Like 1

Snowing again in Dunstable. Very little thawing today. Temperature has not got above 2c today and I spent over an hour digging us and my elderly neighbour out this morning.  I appreciate we are 600ft up in the Chiltern Hills but pretty exceptional given that we are now in meteorological spring ! Given that they have been talking about greyhound racing on the MOD thread I am going to say what a cracking result for Fulham at Derby today !

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

Im frightened of thunderstorms and wind storms and i hate oppressive heat, i like a nce spring day, niit too sunny, not too breezy maybe light rain.

I’m hate thunder to but that is coz where I was born 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Sweetdream said:

No where near Scotland. ! 

i was kidding lol:friends: i have a gcse grade f in geography:unsure2:

I love heat and I’m a bit of a sun junky when it comes to sunbathing. I’m going back to Vietnam in June. When I was there in June last year, the heat and humidity was quite extreme. On one day when I was there, the local airport (Danang) was reporting a temperature of 38c and a dewpoint of 28c. That was the most oppressive heat I’ve ever encountered in south east Asia.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dunstable Snow said:

Snowing again in Dunstable. Very little thawing today. Temperature has not got above 2c today and I spent over an hour digging us and my elderly neighbour out this morning.  I appreciate we are 600ft up in the Chiltern Hills but pretty exceptional given that we are now in meteorological spring ! Given that they have been talking about greyhound racing on the MOD thread I am going to say what a cracking result for Fulham at Derby today !

I miss Dunstable downs ! Do they still do the orange rolling ? 

4 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

We live on the Whipsnade Hill. I can walk from home to where it used to take place in about 5 minutes. They brought it back a few years ago but I havn't seen it the last 2/3 years. A great place to walk in any weather but particularly good on a summers evening just before the sun sets. If you visit the National Trust Visitor centre on top of the Downs they have pictures of it taking place.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Does it still have that funny zoo, where the animals spend their days doing uncannily accurate impressions of Johnny Morris?:D

4 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Does it still have that funny zoo, where the animals spend their days doing uncannily accurate impressions of Johnny Morris?:D

We are showing our age now !

1 minute ago, Dunstable Snow said:

We live on the Whipsnade Hill. I can walk from home to where it used to take place in about 5 minutes. They brought it back a few years ago but I havn't seen it the last 2/3 years. A great place to walk in any weather but particularly good on a summers evening just before the sun sets. If you visit the National Trust Visitor centre on top of the Downs they have pictures of it taking place.

I lived in poynters road so had blows downs near but Dunstable downs were the best ! And of course got to see the gliders too ! I go back a fair few times a year so next  time  will go and take a look at the visitor center ! Thank you 

24 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

I do love a decent Summer with storms. I remember us chatting about the heat down here last Summer as those in the north moaned about their crap weather 😂😂

Hehe, yeah there’s plenty of moaners all year round up there! Really hope this summer is warm and sunny, not cool and cloudy. That’s just the pits.

• Like 1

Someone mentioned a storm coming up from France did they mean the rain falling now, or is there something behind it.

21 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

i was kidding lol:friends: i have a gcse grade f in geography:unsure2:

I hated geography.  History I got a A* and bunked human biology. Lol 

4 minutes ago, terryall said:

Sad end to a short life

49D77132-E3D4-4C62-B905-3C819083744F.jpeg

Where it’s table manners 

Just now, Sweetdream said:

I hated geography.  History I got a A* and bunked human biology. Lol 

blah blah, oxbow lake, bah sediment, blah blah blah urban conurbations blah

pretty good, huh?