Please share your photos from the long weekend to our Easter weekend 2019 photo gallery!

Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Captain Shortwave

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

1 hour ago, snowray said:

Oh no.......I think your goat has had it!:p

Don't tell me it was jumping on the garage roof and "fell off all by itself"  ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Retron said:

Hmm? Not sure what you're getting at there?

Clear to see there has been developments in the estuary from being clear approx an hour ago.

yesss give it another hour & lots more heavier snow reports will be dropping in!!

• Like 8

Hi I am in Maidstone.  Have to go to a wedding reception in Gillingham tonight.  Going up Bluebell Hill.  Am I wise to go?

Developments are clear now and on target. Loop the radar and check the Ipswich area. You’ll see how it’s expanding.

2 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

Jumping salamis? Whatever next - a policeman? Better not answer that!:shok:

• Haha 1

Light snow here for past 20 minutes or so. Getting heavier and more persistent as time goes on. 

Wainscott, Medway  

1 hour ago, eddie1 said:

Anything likely right on the east coast in yarmouth ??

Just come in from supermarket, nobody about shelves stacked, absolutely raw in the wind now, wind so strong that i could barely stand up against it at times, sky very overcast. Thought i would nip out quickly since nothing happening yet, got lots of broccoli to make a nice soup with.

• Thanks 1

Here we go, ppn is now becoming more organised. Also, ppn off the North Sea is gaining pace and is slowly heading our way :D

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Clear to see there has been developments in the estuary from being clear approx an hour ago.

Erm, yeah, which is what I said! (Bearing in mind that was 20 minutes ago, which means my original comment relates to an hour ago...)

Good to see, anyway. I was wondering whether we'd see much in-fill given the warnings.

Edited by Retron

1 minute ago, danm said:

We still have snow laying from this morning, the light stuff over the last couple of hours has just added a bit of a sugar coating in places. 

I have a good 1cm laying here from this morning, some has evaporated maybe was nearer 2cm earlier, amazing no melt just all a bit frozen with some icicles here and there. Nothing on the road though. My dad used to say if it stick to the branches of trees after its stoped snowing and it stays cloudy it means its calling more snow to fall.:)

Snow rate picking up now. Looking good for next few hours in North/East Kent

• Like 1

For those wondering, that Estuary in-fill is powder snow - and it's hitting the ground and blowing around, rather than insta-melting as this morning's snow did. Lovely stuff!

Edited by Retron
  • Like 2

Does look like there is a decent amount of energy which is making a large area of snow, should still see some more discrete cells forming within that convection as the area closes in on the Essex/Kent coasts at the mouth of the Thames. Looks very similar to the HIRLAM, though timings are a little different.

• Like 2

Can confirm heavier snow blowing in the wind has arrived here just now in the far eastern fringes of London.:D

65 minutes until snow according to accuweather 

15 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

would that be a three legged coat by any chance:cc_confused: intense grains here now

Snow blowing around in the wind here now and sky looks, more convective, in nature.

Regards,

Tom.

Snow has pepped up where I am in Sevenoaks - not really settling yet however, looks like it will get heavier over the next couple of hours

• Like 1

Well in Canterbury now below freezing -0,2C light snow , obviously not melting now ,shed roof and grass have a good covering. Paths still relatively clear.

Not as wet as this morning's snow, but not quite powder either here, trying to land in favoured spots on the ground now.

Edited by alexisj9

12 minutes ago, london-snow said:

Kent clipper or Thames streamer take your pick 🧐

Clipper please. 

Finished work and so decided as the Redmen don't play til later and the six nations are a foregone conclusion and of course before any drinking needs commencing that I'll go for a walk instead of the gym. 

Am currently on East Cliff in Folkestone. A but blowy. Have taken some pics for later. 

Edited by Snowy Bob
  • Like 2

Just had a twenty minute walk to town amongst the light to moderate snowfall

very fresh !  Seven year old not impressed!

not intense enough to settle on the pavements which are largely dry now 

• Haha 1

far east of kent, steady snow with heavier bursts with large graupel mixed in

• Like 2