Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

1 minute ago, SnowBungle said:

That’s what the met office warnings suggests, it all happening later this afternoon. Watching the band of snow to the north fizzle out over the last couple of hours, and not seeing much more in the North Sea has me wondering where this snow will come from? All precipitation to our north and east seem to be evaporating. I really hope I’m missing something here. 

The PPN will develop 100-150 miles out in the estuary. It's not showing on the radars because it hasn't developed yet.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm losing the will to live.  Once again, for those at the back. The main snow risk isn't until 4pm onwards. 4pm onwards. 4pm onwards. 4pm onwards. 4pm onwards. The colde

So the cold is almost at an end with a steady thaw expected over the coming days. As such the region will be one again. May I just say that the last week has been a real experience and I must tha

Some people need to grow up. If you want to bicker and snipe do it via PM. Because the rest of us don’t want to know.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, snowray said:

Well it would certainly make a change to get a cold and snowy spell in mid winter, when was that last severe spell of weather in January for us down here? Must be in the 90's.:cc_confused:

Take December 2015, I remember I was out with the family on christmas eve and I was wearing just a shirt a blazer. The seasons are all messed up.

I seem to remember it snowing a little in April 2016?

4 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

4pm onwards.

Is that like exactly 4pm or could it start a little earlier or later? Also is there a chance that the forecasted 10 - 20 cm could fall all at once at 4pm and then nothing? ;-)

Just now, Daniel Smith said:

The PPN will develop 100-150 miles out in the estuary. It's not showing on the radars because it hasn't developed yet.

I suspect it may form even closer in then that this time. Also from formation it won't take long for it to spread downstream, should be quick. The dry air will help to slightly dry things out.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I'm losing the will to live. 

Once again, for those at the back. The main snow risk isn't until 4pm onwards.

4pm onwards.

4pm onwards.

4pm onwards.

4pm onwards.

The coldest air isn't over us yet, once it reaches our shores and winds back ENE (from 4pm onwards) then showers/streamers will kick into action. Hope that clears things up a little.

People will still check the radar now and say it’s all over though ??

8 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I'm losing the will to live. 

Once again, for those at the back. The main snow risk isn't until 4pm onwards.

4pm onwards.

4pm onwards.

4pm onwards.

4pm onwards.

The coldest air isn't over us yet, once it reaches our shores and winds back ENE (from 4pm onwards) then showers/streamers will kick into action. Hope that clears things up a little.

Pardon? 

• Like 1

Personally I'd rather the snow held off until about 11pm or sodded off altogether. As a delivery driver, this evening looks likely to be an absolute nightmare for me

3 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Personally I'd rather the snow held off until about 11pm or sodded off altogether. As a delivery driver, this evening looks likely to be an absolute nightmare for me

Do you Deliver? No we only do Chicken, Lamb or Beef

:hi:

2 minutes ago, irish_lancashire said:

if you can predict that the snow is arriving at 4pm (precisely) ... when does the warm weather start ?

Looking for unbroken sunshine and 21 degrees please !!!

If you can let me know I can mark it in the diary ?

After 4pm on the 17th April 2018.

3 minutes ago, Bazza118 said:

Just been out and icicles are everywhere and pavements are icing over. Temp currently -1.1c DP -3.0c 

altitude must be making a big difference. still wet at the surface here