Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?
Captain Shortwave

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

44 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

has he checked the back alley? mind you, those things were tiny, four to a penny as i recall.

Oooh back alley, now you’re talking 

• Like 1

Go away with your cold snaps please :closedeyes:

I’m in spring mode and have my new shoes to break in and have put my boots away 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, stainesbloke said:

Oooh back alley, now you’re talking 

Right up your street eh ? 

2 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

i think it was a bit rue-d. nice french joke.

2 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

i think it was a bit rue-d. nice french joke.

He’s meant to come back

with ... quality ( proper southern dude saying ) 

then the 2 mix keeping it sweet wise 

quality street 👍🏼

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Absolutely!!!

So there are very tentative signs winter may not be done with us just yet. I can  only hope so. I'll never understand how people, who say they crave snow, can be sick of it after only a few days. Yes it's nervy driving in it, but i love the way snow can transform a drab concrete jungle into something with splendour. We may be waiting a very long time to see something even half as good as last week again.

Hopefully only nine days or so. Bring on round 2:D:yahoo:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Bricriu said:

So there are very tentative signs winter may not be done with us just yet. I can  only hope so. I'll never understand how people, who say they crave snow, can be sick of it after only a few days. Yes it's nervy driving in it, but i love the way snow can transform a drab concrete jungle into something with splendour. We may be waiting a very long time to see something even half as good as last week again.

Hopefully only nine days or so. Bring on round 2:D:yahoo:

i want three months of snow, not three ****** days, I mean what the**** is the point of a ******* three ****** day cold spell for **** sake. Have we got to D yet in named storms or is there still a chance of getting storm ding dong, ******* hope so:yahoo:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

i want three months of snow, not three ****** days, I mean what the**** is the point of a ******* three ****** day cold spell for **** sake. Have we got to D yet in named storms or is there still a chance of getting storm ding dong, ******* hope so:yahoo:

Bring back 1962!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Bricriu said:

Bring back 1962!

i would have liked to be around for that winter

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

i would have liked to be around for that winter

I was!:yahoo::yahoo:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

get any snow grains and sleet:rofl:

4 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

snow  can go away

1  stop  cock

2 cistern stop flushing    needed  a  new  one

3  ball  cock  vave   dripping  new  one

4  broad   band    went down  {water  frost}

that plenty  for one week!!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

get any snow grains and sleet:rofl:

No, but plenty of snow and freezing temperatures on a night. The pavements were frozen over and any flattened snow turned to ice. The icicles were fantastic, mainly from the buildings and the Windows had ice on the inside, no central heating or double glazing in those days. I went to school in Toolley street in London and we used to slide down the street to school. We had ice slides in the playground for quite a few weeks. If people would like those temperatures now it would paralize the country, considering the amount of traffic now compared to those days. In the road I lived in in London S E 12 even the horse drawn milk float stopped deliveries as the horse could not get traction up a small hill. I hope we never see it that bad again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

was out chasing the cat and there were a few flakes of rain in the air

Up early again, with a cuppa and watched Europa League highlights. Although I'm an A.C. Milan fan, really pleased that Arsenal won., as my son, daughter and her boyfriend, are big Arsenal fans. I'm sure it was a very happy household, over at Chislehurst last night.

Took my son and daughter, over to Milan for a week, in Dec.2003, To finally see their Nanny's country, for the first time. We each chose, an activity to do. Antony wanted to go to the San Siro, to see Milan play a Champions League game, against Celta Vigo. Hayley, wanted to go on a day trip to Verona, to see Romeo and Juliet's, balcony and the Amphitheatre.

ROMEO AND JULIET'S BALCONY

th?id=OIP.jxdwzS3KA8zrZJ4kTwoJXwHaEo&pid

VERONA'S AMPHITHEATRE

th?id=OIP.VB1Sw3rOwBi_iDIKXBEgLAHaDs&pid

I chose a train ride out to the very picturesque, Valle D'Aosta and then up to the French border, to a lovely village, called Pre St.Didier. Very French sounding but just inside, the Italian border. To my annoyance, there was no snow on the ground but a thick, all day frost, the scenery was spectacular, though. We could see, the Mont Blanc Massif, way off in the distance.

VALLE D'AOSTA

th?id=OIP.v42biAjR8rkONSk9o4ZpCwHaFj&pid

PRE SAINT DIDIER

th?id=OIP.ZqmgStGExcwClr01DkqlUwHaFX&pid

MONT BLANC MASSIF

th?id=OIP.gCxzq_3HfnmmEW9kloTl5QHaFX&pid

Milan's stadium, at the San Siro, is huge and as you approach it, from the street outside, lit up and looks like a huge space-ship, suspended in the air.

STADIO GIUSEPPE MEAZZA, SAN SIRO

th?id=OIP.w872b9M85VysIsz5cM0qSwHaFb&pid

It was the 9th Dec. and bitterly cold , it can get very cold in northern Italy, in the Winter months. I can remember us buying, huge steak sandwiches, from one of the many stalls, outside the ground. Milan lost the game 2-1 but still topped their group and had already qualified, for the Knockout Phase. Most of the first team were out in Japan, playing in the World Club Championship, back at the hotel, we saw them lose to Boca Juniors, of Argentina. The San Siro holds 85,000+ but as Milan had already qualified, the decent sized crowd of 35,000, made the stadium look empty!! For such a huge, important stadium, facilities were poor, though. Can remember Hayley, having to queue for an eternity, at half-time, to use the toilet, which evidently was basically, just a hole in the ground!!:nonono:Another abiding memory was the racket those flares make, when let off, really glad we don't allow them, in England!!

Me and the kids, had a fantastic week. Lovely memories!!

Hope you all enjoy your day.

Regards,

Tom.:hi:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Well the birds disagree with the ECM and UKMO and have already started building their vests with stuff from my garden, winter over?

What a difference a week makes last Friday everything frozen and preparing for that evenings snowfall, today out in the t-shirt and birds singing in all directions

• Like 1

Nothing much in today's modelling to get too excited about. Apart from one or two 'clusters' that is.:D

15 hours ago, Bricriu said:

Bring back 1962!

Strictly speaking, and as you may know, December 1962, and Jan + Feb 1963. The "big freeze" fizzled out as March got going. 

unlikely that the beast from the east will pay us another visit, looks like we are going to have to put up with the winker from the west instead:wink:

• Sad 3