Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?
Captain Shortwave

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Recommended Posts

Well, what a surprise. Went to bed around 10.15 , with any chance of snow, seemingly vanishing, as ppn boke up south of the river. Felt really tired and didn't have my afternoon nap, yesterday, which I need every day, after suffering a Haemorrhagic Stroke, 2 years ago. Also had row with wife , for that "infernal clicking", of my keyboard!! She had just finished a twelve hour shift and likes to "crash out", in front of the tv, which I can understand. So trudged off to bed,with my tail between my legs.

Think I got up for a bathroom break, around 2, had a quick peek out of the window, to see grass, road and pavements, all covered!! See it was me, that was stopping the snow from arriving south of the river!! Just spent an hour, trawling through all your posts, to ascertain when the snow fell. Looks like it arrived from the S/SE, sometime after midnight and it appears that Lee, SE12, jist caught the eastern edge of it. Many thanks to all of you that stayed up and posted, this really is an informative thread. Special thanks to Nick F and KW, for their superb analysis, of the evolving situation, others too.

Someone posted earlier, that one model gives us more snow chances,, later on today. Perhaps I should promise to come off the computer, if that's the case, later on.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Well, what a surprise. Went to bed around 10.15 , with any chance of snow, seemingly vanishing, as ppn boke up south of the river. Felt really tired and didn't have my afternoon nap, yesterday, which I need every day, after suffering a Haemorrhagic Stroke, 2 years ago. Also had row with wife , for that "infernal clicking", of my keyboard!! She had just finished a twelve hour shift and likes to "crash out", in front of the tv, which I can understand. So trudged off to bed,with my tail between my legs.

Think I got up for a bathroom break, around 2, had a quick peek out of the window, to see grass, road and pavements, all covered!! See it was me, that was stopping the snow from arriving south of the river!! Just spent an hour, trawling through all your posts, to ascertain when the snow fell. Looks like it arrived from the S/SE, sometime after midnight and it appears that Lee, SE12, jist caught the eastern edge of it. Many thanks to all of you that stayed up and posted, this really is an informative thread. Special thanks to Nick F and KW, for their superb analysis, of the evolving situation, others too.

Someone posted earlier, that one model gives us more snow chances,, later on today. Perhaps I should promise to come off the computer, if that's the case, later on.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

 

Shotley Suffolk 

Hi tom 

I'm pleased to here the snow we had up here in suffolk did reach the London area in the small hours which I said would happen in one of my posts yesterday, though it seems the though or streamer that form yesterday evening unusually spirelled giving your area and southern counties their share of the spoils, still more to come today almost anywhere, a truely classic weather event for this part of the world for mid march 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unexpected to have snow here in Shoreham-by-Sea; around an inch or two. Seeing the snow shield over Brighton and much of Sussex last night, I really wasn’t confident! :cold:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing much here - about 2-3cm but still very impressive for mid March.

0.1C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to sleep while we were under a blob and it didn’t disappoint. Plenty here and still snowing. 

Hoping after the negativity and fall outs last night that everyone has theirs!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ended up with about 2 inches here, not a bad effort and even the road eventually got a coating.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we had about 3 cm last evening but the wind has blown it all inland, so could those who live West of me bring it back ,lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing here a bit of a surprise as we were right in the amber warning zone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

About double the amount of snow that fell a few weeks ago, beautiful. 

ADE4D3C6-FFFA-4047-AD27-9A644EAAD3C5.jpeg

3A1863E2-982D-45F1-B8F0-F64F2AE74A12.jpeg

8C2B89B2-3934-43B3-AF68-64110EFB3A22.jpeg

3CD86E25-9715-416D-8DA4-EE064E9E7579.jpeg

Same as what I got here mate absolutely cracking 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About a cm here so same as last time ! Impressive cold as it was below 0c from around 10am yesterday till presently . The Thames streamer never got going properly ala  Feb 2009 ,uppers perhaps not cold enough ? Seems the really low 500 mb upper temps where to the north and you could see how heavy the showers were on the radar across the midlands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Only about one cm here.Most snow has missed us to the West like last time ! :wallbash:

Incredible you can miss out twice in a couple of weeks.

Maybe we will get lucky next winter.Think it could be a mega cold winter with longer lasting Easterly outbreaks 

 

 

 

Edited by SLEETY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Same as what I got here mate absolutely cracking 

Have to say I’m a bit shocked! Going to nip out for a walk in it soon. Happy 🛷 mate!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Badgers01 said:

About a cm here so same as last time ! Impressive cold as it was below 0c from around 10am yesterday till presently . The Thames streamer never got going properly ala  Feb 2009 ,uppers perhaps not cold enough ? Seems the really low 500 mb upper temps where to the north and you could see how heavy the showers were on the radar across the midlands.

Again, we have been pretty unlucky viz. that cold pool.  Modelling corrected that north in the run-up.  But again, beggars can’t be choosers and some folk in our region have had two lying snow events in the last few weeks - that’s impressive.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stainesbloke said:

Have to say I’m a bit shocked! Going to nip out for a walk in it soon. Happy 🛷 mate!

Just shows the snow lottery at work.  I only got 2cm or so. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mulzy said:

Just shows the snow lottery at work.  I only got 2cm or so. 

Indeed, my area didn’t do that well last time but made up for it this time, wow. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The poor BBQ lol

 

CA0260B5-CC42-48E5-B336-32994163DF03.jpeg

FFABD185-BA0A-4683-981E-E2331A5127F4.jpeg

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Have to say I’m a bit shocked! Going to nip out for a walk in it soon. Happy 🛷 mate!

Can't believe it, in wondering now if we will make it sledging.. Will consult mum when she gets up village round out of here must be buried 

DSC_0788.thumb.JPG.972b482bcc68a85403d0e035333c6fe2.JPG

DSC_0787.thumb.JPG.1f9657fb3da8cb8ac65866ddeb7fa5a7.JPG

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Temperatures here have shot up to 0.3C but no drip drip.  Looks like less cold air is encroaching. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CK1981 said:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mulzy said:

Again, we have been pretty unlucky viz. that cold pool.  Modelling corrected that north in the run-up.  But again, beggars can’t be choosers and some folk in our region have had two lying snow events in the last few weeks - that’s impressive.

And next up after this event ,hints of a cold Easter? ,not sure if I want any more,

I'd like to see proper spring like weather after this classic event has gone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mulzy said:

Again, we have been pretty unlucky viz. that cold pool.  Modelling corrected that north in the run-up.  But again, beggars can’t be choosers and some folk in our region have had two lying snow events in the last few weeks - that’s impressive.

Agree just could have been so much better !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Radar is looking bare. Is that it for the SE? Seems so . Negligible amounts here away from the grass. Met office didn’t quite get it right for here in Kent anyway. Nice to see other areas further west get something this time. 

Edited by c00ps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×