Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?
Captain Shortwave

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

1 hour ago, shotski said:

LOL, I was born 05-03-1976 at Hemel hospital. 

So you missed that event - my boy remembers it very well!!!!! - he's a clever lad  :D

He was born at home in Wood Lane End. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, James Oliver said:

I can't help but think this will fizzle out for us down here with that expanding blob moving to the North of us. 

I thought it had stopped but there is some falling very light, but flakes not ice. I'm not sure green blob will head north of us as I think it's connected to the front giving us snow, could be wrong though.

Edited by alexisj9

4 minutes ago, Nick F said:

Yep, pepping up in a the Thames Estuary, possible convergence starting

B0D2D6FC-CEBD-4FB6-B65D-B663AEB9D131.jpeg

It's been going for the last 40 minutes or so - ranging from extremely light snow to light snow, with such shallow convection that the radar doesn't always pick it up! I'd imagine it'll get a bit heavier as time goes by!

It's also powder snow by the looks of it rather than the sopping wet stuff that fell earlier. Here in Leysdown (east end of Sheppey, on that map) the temperature's now an impressive -0.4!

• Like 1

I prefer that it hasn't settled much on paths and roads, it's much easier for everyone to get around.. We've had no melt where the snow had managed to settle earlier and now the light snow has started to settle straight away.

3 minutes ago, Great Plum said:

Bring it on!

513D787C-5A7A-4AC5-9034-2788787045D3.png

Wicked! And now the fun starts, Thames estuary firing up just in time for our 4pm deadline!:D

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sarah Anne said:

Just had to google what part of kent im in :rofl: im so clueless... 

Where are you, then?

17 minutes ago, Nick F said:

Possible wave developing along frontal boundary over south North Sea to east of East Kent

C3C698E3-DF9B-4AD2-9EDC-476F760EF105.jpeg

Yeah, the UKVlatest update shows quite the rash of showers forming from 4pm onwards with a marked uptick around 8pm...same time as the Feb 09 streamer really went into overdrive!

Well, nothing much laid here. It is very cold though. I suspect it may hit north of here but still interesting watching the showers develop :)

Just now, kold weather said:

Yeah, the UKVlatest update shows quite the rash of showers forming from 4pm onwards with a marked uptick around 8pm...same time as the Feb 09 streamer really went into overdrive!

Hey, do you know where I can see this latest update? 

Cheers

27 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

2pm radar returns starting to get interesting from the thames & more especially east kent vicinty....

Hows it looking for Crawley? 

10 minutes ago, Retron said:

It's been going for the last 40 minutes or so - ranging from extremely light snow to light snow, with such shallow convection that the radar doesn't always pick it up! I'd imagine it'll get a bit heavier as time goes by!

It's also powder snow by the looks of it rather than the sopping wet stuff that fell earlier. Here in Leysdown (east end of Sheppey, on that map) the temperature's now an impressive -0.4!

Wrong :D 

44CDE296-FC3F-4BF6-9A3F-F3195F2B7F7C.thumb.png.2e2576d3de0abb2d70a450716a8de4ed.png > 04413A0D-E06A-4103-B7A7-2E9923D278BA.thumb.png.ee85d3a5a1d1f10ee8dc5f622e89ea0c.png

Persistent light snow in north London for the last couple of hours. 

Persistent light snow in Guildford, might be more back home  in the Surrey hills

1 minute ago, BarnetBlizzard said:

Hey, do you know where I can see this latest update? 

Cheers

The 6hrs output is onthe UKMO website, doesn't go beyond that, hope this works:

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/map#?map=Rainfall&fcTime=1521273600&zoom=8&lon=-0.19&lat=51.65

Past 6hrs resolution decreases. From 4-5pm showers start to become more potent, similar to those hitting up north.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, danm said:

Persistent light snow in north London for the last couple of hours. 

Has any settled?

2 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Wrong :D 

44CDE296-FC3F-4BF6-9A3F-F3195F2B7F7C.thumb.png.2e2576d3de0abb2d70a450716a8de4ed.png > 04413A0D-E06A-4103-B7A7-2E9923D278BA.thumb.png.ee85d3a5a1d1f10ee8dc5f622e89ea0c.png

Hmm? Not sure what you're getting at there?

4 minutes ago, kold weather said:

The 6hrs output is onthe UKMO website, doesn't go beyond that, hope this works:

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/map#?map=Rainfall&fcTime=1521273600&zoom=8&lon=-0.19&lat=51.65

Past 6hrs resolution decreases. From 4-5pm showers start to become more potent, similar to those hitting up north.

That works great, thanks 

Moderate proper snow now.

• Like 3

Estuary steadily filling in with precip, nothing other than light stuff at the moment but at all trending the right way, looks the Met office will be spot on with their warning time of 4pm. Amber warning zone looks spot on to me atm.

Posted (edited)

Wow really getting going. Just look at the filling in over the north Kent coast area in last 20 mins 

CB67C03B-D713-41C6-852A-E9D4DE4FC18A.png

40C8D2E8-3DD5-4110-99AF-64F334478F44.png

17983B47-CB3B-4BFA-B6E8-778933292A4E.png

51CFA9AA-AD55-48B2-9347-06E39E84EC04.png

47A8A42F-66BC-47BD-8F07-090233A901E8.png

Edited by c00ps
  • Like 1

Question. Is those showers off Le Havre heading towards the SE?

9 minutes ago, snowy weather said:

Has any settled?

We still have snow laying from this morning, the light stuff over the last couple of hours has just added a bit of a sugar coating in places.