Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
Just now, CK1981 said:

Developments are starting to occur on the radar. Expect to see expansion of precipitation returns from mid afternoon.

Justa few hints of expansion of light precip but a long way to go until things get interesting, in a way the longer it takes the better for all as it will allow the ground to dry and cool down.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
6 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Anyone seen my sausage:oops:

Maybe it's hiding in your garden.

1 minute ago, kold weather said:

Justa few hints of expansion of light precip but a long way to go until things get interesting, in a way the longer it takes the better for all as it will allow the ground to dry and cool down.

Was just gonna say, the cloud has actually helped because its stopped any of that strong March sun to warm things up, I bet between showers up north is drip drip between showers it can be below freezing but you can't stop the sun 

Edited by Surrey

Posted
1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

I'm losing the will to live. 

Once again, for those at the back. The main snow risk isn't until 4pm onwards.

4pm onwards.

4pm onwards.

4pm onwards.

4pm onwards.

The coldest air isn't over us yet, once it reaches our shores and winds back ENE (from 4pm onwards) then showers/streamers will kick into action. Hope that clears things up a little.

I wonder when the snow show will start?

anyone?? No!? Ah well... ?‍♀️

Posted

Just been for an hour walk. Had graupel the whole time. Paths and roads much drier now. Looking good for the main event tonight. Let’s get ready to rumble!! ❄️❄️❄️Good luck everyone ??

Edited by c00ps
  • Like 3

Posted

That blob is heading towards the west of London..

Posted
4 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Was just gonna say, the cloud has actually helped because its stopped any of that strong March sun to warm things up, I bet between showers up north is drip drip between showers it can be below freezing but you can't stop the sun 

Like my old grandad used to say - ‘you can’t have everything ‘!

Posted
7 minutes ago, kold weather said:

My thoughts exactly. Delay the snow and allow the cold to get deeper into the ground.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Nothing much going on here at the moment, we had heavy snow this morning but nothing settled! (Farnham, Surrey) 

Temp 0

dp -2.4 

am hoping for a good conclusion as I’m right on the sweet spot of the amber length! ☺️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,
51 minutes ago, irish_lancashire said:

if you can predict that the snow is arriving at 4pm (precisely) ... when does the warm weather start ?

Looking for unbroken sunshine and 21 degrees please !!!

If you can let me know I can mark it in the diary ?

download.jpeg.6a12d4a4b8344b4217c2079fb49ea1e0.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted

All saying 4pm onwards as Metoffice says funny how you ignore part in text section where states as Northern counties cry off southern intensify. That fits what's happening out there lol

Posted

I’ve got a feeling tonight will deliver much more than the previous spell, especially in terms of geographical coverage. Some areas could see significant accumulations by morning in our region, especially to the south and west of London.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
12 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

Maybe it's hiding in your garden.

Frozen sausage , i went out and got some easter eggs, the wind is cold and the snow grains are err grainy :cold: oh and i ate all the eggs that i was supposed to give away,:wallbash:

Posted
Just now, CK1981 said:

I’ve got a feeling tonight will deliver much more than the previous spell, especially in terms of geographical coverage. Some areas could see significant accumulations by morning in our region, especially to the south and west of London.

Anything likely right on the east coast in yarmouth ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

This blob is preventing any streamers from forming from what I can tell, we might still have a fairly long wait in parts of the sausage warning area, where all we are seeing is flurries right now. I notice that some of the heavy snow symbols for this afternoon have been removed from the Met Office side map, but it seems that there will be more snow around tonight than previously showing. The 6pm chart is still showing lots of heavy snow symbols for our region, if this does not verify then I will get slightly worried.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
20 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Come own, own up? Who's hidden lassie's salami!:yahoo:

The met office stole it.

Posted
1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

Frozen sausage , i went out and got some easter eggs, the wind is cold and the snow grains are err grainy :cold: oh and i ate all the eggs that i was supposed to give away,:wallbash:

You greedy!!

How many did you get?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold
2 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

Let’s hope so! Hoping to go for a run in the snow tomorrow morning if there’s accumulations. ??‍♂️❄️❄️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
2 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

You silly sausage!;)

Posted

Persistent light snow all day in north Essex. Temp -1 dew point -2.

Not much has settled, a couple of cms mainly on grass, cars and roofs. The met office forecast has me down for heavy snow from now until 1 in the morning but I think their definition of heavy might be different to mine.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, eddie1 said:

Anything likely right on the east coast in yarmouth ??

You might be a bit too far north and east for the frontal wave, but should see a fair few showers.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
4 minutes ago, snowray said:

This blob is preventing any streamers from forming from what I can tell, we might still have a fairly long wait in parts of the sausage warning area, where all we are seeing is flurries right now. I notice that some of the heavy snow symbols for this afternoon have been removed from the Met Office side map, but it seems that there will be more snow around tonight than previously showing. The 6pm chart is still showing lots of heavy snow symbols for our region, if this does not verify then I will get slightly worried.

i was hoping for enough snow to build another snow woman:vava:

2 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

You greedy!!

How many did you get?

just three:nonono:

• Like 1