Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

looking  at the Easter 4 day break  glad i am staying at home  looking a bit  wet:shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

Well, all overnight runs seemed to have drifted further away from any thoughts of delivering, a cold, wintry Easter blast, now,

Heights over Greenland, aligned south-westwards, indicative of a west based, negative NAO, allowing milder air, to move north over the UK. But with low pressure anchored out to our W/SW, looks like being an unsettled holiday period. There's still a lot of very cold air, lurking away to our N/NE and I suppose there's still enough time, for models to push this air, further south, for the holiday weekend. But certainly, a move away from that scenario, overnight.

Well I had a wonderful time at my niece's husbands', Italian restaurant, yesterday, afternoon. The food was mouth-wateringly good!! We had a variety of starters, including Calamari. Melanzane Parmegiana.

th?id=OIP.wn1KaokCldLkVN09vYeX4AHaE7&pid

Eggplant with parmesan and mozzarella.

Caprese

th?id=OIP.G7u5lE_MCjwD5-IEYvWVbgHaE7&pid

Beefsteak tomatoes, with slices of Buffalo mozzarella and Basil.

Arancini. Stuffed and fried, rice balls.

th?id=OIP.5VjOOw-n5Fr3KAtdD0djjQHaEK&pid

For my main, I had fillet of Sea Bass with sautéed new potatoes, with Rosemary and mixed salad.

But my niece's husband gave me a small portion of Gnocchi Bolognese to try. Yes that's Gnocchi. not "nookie!! I've never had Gnocchi, with a Bolognese sauce before. It was "bona fide", Neapolitan chef, Salvatore's own Bolognese recipe, absolutely delicious!!

th?id=OIP.rMFdJb1hJ05sC6wCZh6TbAHaFJ&pid

Would you believe, I had a couple of mouthful's of Chef's Carbonara, to try as well. For dessert I had a Tiramisu.

th?id=OIP.sF-o4d8HkoaRG7nP2GWbegHaFj&pid

After all that, just had room for a small, decaff cappuccino

Came out of there, well and truly, stuffed to the "nines".

The "Studio Gusto", is an ideal restaurant to visit in Bromley High St, for a pre-theatre meal (If  you've got a show to go and see at the Churchill Theatre). And no, I'm not on commission!!

My niece, had a wonderful, birthday treat and my niece's husband, Raffaele, proved to be a fantastic host and all his staff, were very good.

My poor wife, Colette, had to work, so missed this fantastic, culinary experience. But chef, Salvatore, knocked Colette up, a "doggy bag" portion of the Gnocchi. Which Colette thoroughly enjoyed last night, on her return from work, frequently making "orgasmic", type noises!!

Regards,

Tom.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Good morning! It was actually quite mild yesterday, it even felt dare I say it... muggy? I’m looking forward to chasing heavy April showers, followed by summer thunderstorms.

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, TomSE12 said:

Morning all,

Well, all overnight runs seemed to have drifted further away from any thoughts of delivering, a cold, wintry Easter blast, now,

That all looks delicious. Unfortunately due to my illness its been several years since i've been able to eat solid food but i enjoyed looking at the pictures. Everything i eat has to be pureed which makes eating outside of the house rather difficult.

• Like 4

Posted

"There's still a lot of very cold air, lurking away to our N/NE and I suppose there's still enough time, for models to push this air, further south, for the holiday weekend."

ECM 00z run, starting to get "there", just after the Easter weekend.

ECM1-216.GIF

ECM1-240.GIF

Regards,

Tom.

• Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

That all looks delicious. Unfortunately due to my illness its been several years since i've been able to eat solid food but i enjoyed looking at the pictures. Everything i eat has to be pureed which makes eating outside of the house rather difficult.

So sorry to hear that, JennyJane. Yes, it must be very difficult, when you can't eat solid food. My son Antony, who has advanced Huntington's Disease, is nearly at the stage of "pureed" food, due to having severe swallowing, problems. Antony has to eat a lot of Shepherd's Pies and Cottage Pies but I'm sure he'd like to have, something like, steak, mushrooms and chips, at times.

Regards,

Tom. 

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, TomSE12 said:

So sorry to hear that, JennyJane. Yes, it must be very difficult, when you can't eat solid food. My son Antony, who has advanced Huntington's Disease, is nearly at the stage of "pureed" food, due to having severe swallowing, problems. Antony has to eat a lot of Shepherd's Pies and Cottage Pies but I'm sure he'd like to have, something like, steak, mushrooms and chips, at times.

Regards,

Tom. 

I know the feeling, I'd like to just tuck into a huge plate of anything with some texture to it. This is why I eat mainly soups, stews which can be cooked till they are very very soft, and oxo broth which are very easy to swallow.I have experimented with other foods and tried pureeing various things but a lot of foods don't seem attractive like that.I have found that mashed potato is ok with a lot of gravy, or rice cooked till its very very soft with a lot of sauce but its such a palaver to prepare stuff.

• Like 2

Posted

Beautiful start on Romney Marsh, unfortunately I was driving during a very colourful sunrise but had a very pleasant walk with the dogs on the beach around 9.30am and as always there were some beautiful reflections.

Like others yesterday I too have grown really tired of goat related posts in here, banter is good but with some variation please :)

Enjoy your day it looks like it might be the driest and sunniest we get this week. 

IMG_0022.JPG

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

So looks like Easter for us in the South East will serve up a small plate of naff all?

I'll be happy with high single digits as long as it brings sunny spells, not keen on single digits with cloud and rain, just so boring and inconvenient.

Day's like today at least you can use it and get stuff done.

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Following complaints from some members about the content of this thread, I think the record needs setting straight. While we are more relaxed about moderating the regional threads than we are elsewhere, this is still a weather discussion section. If you want to engage in banter or inane non-weather chatter, please head over to the lounge area. It's not fair on those who want to discuss the weather in their area to clog it up with rubbish, especially from those who aren't even living in the SE.

We don't want to have to start actively moderating these threads as they're meant to be more laid back, but please have consideration for others. Thank you.

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm not saying that all off topic stuff is hereby banished of course! This is still meant to be a laid back, chit chatty discussion with weather thrown in. But the last few days it has gone far beyond that and has prompted complaints.

Edited by Nick L

Posted

Well, I think that's me done for another year, its been a great winter, but can't outstay my welcome and upset people with any inane banter. Im just glad that these people who complain aren't ill and housebound at times, have lots of friends and family around and aren't alone, its great to hear that.

See you all around later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
2 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

Well, I think that's me done for another year, its been a great winter, but can't outstay my welcome and upset people with any inane banter. Im just glad that these people who complain aren't ill and housebound at times, have lots of friends and family around and aren't alone, its great to hear that.

See you all around later.

Jenny, I amended my post as I now know it seemed like it was aimed at you. I hadn't seen the discussion above and I apologise if my post came across that way but I promise that wasn't the intention!

Edited by Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
8 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Jenny, I amended my post as I now know it seemed like it was aimed at you. I hadn't seen the discussion above and I apologise if my post came across that way but I promise that wasn't the intention!

Nick, the alternative is an empty thread in boring weather situations, if the complainers would rather read nothing, then so be it, back to two posts a week it is then. Some of the complainers are members of other sites and hardly ever use this one, except just to come in and complain. Of course we can tone down the nonsense I agree and  I am sorry if I put anyone off from coming in here,  but you've already driven one person away and more will follow. You've said it yourself, the weather in this country is 90 percent tedium, that's why you go to the states so often.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms
17 hours ago, lassie23 said:

i'm expecting a bbq easter

Don't you mean a BBQ eater? aka, you? :rolleyes:

A dull day here with continuous cloud that's never really broken up, 11c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, The East has Ceased said:

Don't you mean a BBQ eater? aka, you? :rolleyes:

A dull day here with continuous cloud that's never really broken up, 11c

Think that should have been  b&q easter, the kitchen looks flaky . Been warmish today and saw a queen bee too

Posted

Seems like pandering to the few at the expense of the majority.

Completely agree with lassie' s comments above. Nothing to add to that, I've enjoyed following the banter as I'm sure the many have.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder storms and Blizzards.

Beutifull day here at Bedford, sunny with low cloud (mainly sunny).

Low cloud 2/10

Sunshine 8/10

Temp 13C at 1600

Have a nice day.

:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Should have done this a couple of days back, but I will be locking this in a few minutes and a new thread started for Spring (Well maybe if it can be bothered to arrive).

New thread here;

Edited by Captain Shortwave