Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, D.V.R said:

It's rubbish init?.. it looks like there'll be no snow, no warmth.. just boring cold rain:cray:

although the icon has changed a little

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

although the icon has changed a little

yeah, to bring colder rain:cray:

Posted
1 minute ago, The East has Ceased said:

freezing cold 6c rain :D:cold:

that sounds disgusting :bad:

Posted

1 minute ago, Isabellesnanny said:

A bit confused here, couple of hours ago winter was over, is it back again already?

I think there will be more changes before we get there, models are still working things out lol, but at the moment rain and miserable looks to be where it's heading

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

So long as my flight can take off to Latvia on Thurs morning and get back the following Weds that'll do me fine. Had a white Christmas there and hoping for a white Easter there too! 

20171223_133334.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Up early again, to share breakfast with my wife, before she left for work, at 6.30.

So sad, that she won't be able to accompany me to an early afternoon meal, hosted by my niece, who is 45 today ( crikey, that makes me feel old!!):cray:

Wendie ( that's how it's spelt!!), is the eldest of the five Grandchildren, in the family. Although I don't see much of my niece, these days, we still are very close. This developed when her mother, my sister, Luisa, separated and eventually divorced, and how to take on extra work. Our Italian mother, would then baby-sit, her Granddaughter, while my sister, helped to keep " the wolf from the door"!!. Sometimes, "Nonna Elisa" would place my niece in my younger sister's old play-pen, probably whilst she was cooking her delicious, Italian meatballs, and would ask me to keep an eye on Wendie and from that time, a strong bond developed between us.

My niece works for a company, that organises Hotel Conventions for companies and is always flying off here and there, to view likely locations, for these Conventions. Knowing that her Uncle's hobby was Meteorology, I would frequently get texts from my niece, "Uncle T, what's the weather going to be like in........, adding the next exotic location, my niece, was about to jet off to. But recently these texts have stopped!! Were my forecasts, really that "naff"? But trying to come up with an accurate forecast, really tested my Meteorological knowledge. But I think I've found out the reason why these requests for forecasts, have stopped. I phoned my sister, early to mid-Feb, to warn her of the impending first, "Beast from the East". But was told, I don't want to talk about it, Wendie's already told me!! Thought then, that her Uncle's weather obsession, has finally rubbed off, on my niece.

If she gives up her current job, TV companies are always on the look-out, for a bit of "eye candy" ( hope it's not too inappropriate, to call my niece ,that). But a good looking lady, she is. So watch out, Carol Kirkwood, Louise Lear, Laura Tobin, Lucy Verasamy et al, you  may about to have, some new competition!!

Also, knowing her Uncle worked in the Betting Industry, now's the time of year, I would again get texts, from my niece. "Uncle T, have you got any tips for Cheltenham or the Grand National? But again, in recent years these texts have stopped. Again, were my tips that "naff"!!  Sorry, no more talk of horse-racing, otherwise I'll get in the neck, again!!

The lunch is going to be held in a restaurant, in Bromley, co-owned by her Italian husband, Raffaele. Rafa, is a lovely guy and looks a bit like, Roger Federer but is a better Tennis player, than him!!:D

Rafa, comes from a town called, Somma Vesuviana, which lies at the foot of Mt Vesuvius, east of Naples. Although still classed as dormant, there hasn't been a major eruption, from Mt Vesuvius, since the one that devastated Pompeii, in AD 79 but Dad told me it was "smoking", when he was stationed near there, in the 2nd World War.

44520414.jpg

This area is a stronghold of the Neapolitan Mafia, " The Camorra" but fortunately Rafa is a genuine, hardworking guy and met my niece, at a Food Convention, he's worked in the food industry, for many years. 

Mum came from Caserta, NW of this area.

th?id=OIP.G5fqoHJr2tu_tJdFYo383AHaEl&pid

I see, England are playing Italy, in a football friendly, on Tuesday night. I know where my loyalties lie!! FORZA AZZURRI, come on you Blues. That's going to make me popular, NOT!!:nonono:Sorry, it's a "family thing" I must admit though, it's probably the best chance England have had of beating Italy, for a number of years, especially after being "buoyed up" after their win, over Holland, the other night.

Anyway, better get back to WEATHER related news, before I get told off, again!! Overnight model runs have definitely shifted away from a cold, wintry spell over Easter. Wanting to hold an area of low pressure, over the S.W. rather than clear it away eastwards, to allow a cold N to NE flow, to flood south over the UK. But there's still time for the models to shift the synoptic pattern, a few hundred miles further east, to perhaps allow more parts of the UK to experience a "White Easter"

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados
1 hour ago, TomSE12 said:

Up early again, to share breakfast with my wife, before she left for work, at 6.30.

So sad, that she won't be able to accompany me to an early afternoon meal, hosted by my niece, who is 45 today ( crikey, that makes me feel old!!):cray:

Wendie ( that's how it's spelt!!), is the eldest of the five Grandchildren, in the family. Although I don't see much of my niece, these days, we still are very close. This developed when her mother, my sister, Luisa, separated and eventually divorced, and how to take on extra work. Our Italian mother, would then baby-sit, her Granddaughter, while my sister, helped to keep " the wolf from the door"!!. Sometimes, "Nonna Elisa" would place my niece in my younger sister's old play-pen, probably whilst she was cooking her delicious, Italian meatballs, and would ask me to keep an eye on Wendie and from that time, a strong bond developed between us.

My niece works for a company, that organises Hotel Conventions for companies and is always flying off here and there, to view likely locations, for these Conventions. Knowing that her Uncle's hobby was Meteorology, I would frequently get texts from my niece, "Uncle T, what's the weather going to be like in........, adding the next exotic location, my niece, was about to jet off to. But recently these texts have stopped!! Were my forecasts, really that "naff"? But trying to come up with an accurate forecast, really tested my Meteorological knowledge. But I think I've found out the reason why these requests for forecasts, have stopped. I phoned my sister, early to mid-Feb, to warn her of the impending first, "Beast from the East". But was told, I don't want to talk about it, Wendie's already told me!! Thought then, that her Uncle's weather obsession, has finally rubbed off, on my niece.

If she gives up her current job, TV companies are always on the look-out, for a bit of "eye candy" ( hope it's not too inappropriate, to call my niece ,that). But a good looking lady, she is. So watch out, Carol Kirkwood, Louise Lear, Laura Tobin, Lucy Verasamy et al, you  may about to have, some new competition!!

Also, knowing her Uncle worked in the Betting Industry, now's the time of year, I would again get texts, from my niece. "Uncle T, have you got any tips for Cheltenham or the Grand National? But again, in recent years these texts have stopped. Again, were my tips that "naff"!!  Sorry, no more talk of horse-racing, otherwise I'll get in the neck, again!!

The lunch is going to be held in a restaurant, in Bromley, co-owned by her Italian husband, Raffaele. Rafa, is a lovely guy and looks a bit like, Roger Federer but is a better Tennis player, than him!!:D

Rafa, comes from a town called, Somma Vesuviana, which lies at the foot of Mt Vesuvius, east of Naples. Although still classed as dormant, there hasn't been a major eruption, from Mt Vesuvius, since the one that devastated Pompeii, in AD 79 but Dad told me it was "smoking", when he was stationed near there, in the 2nd World War.

44520414.jpg

This area is a stronghold of the Neapolitan Mafia, " The Camorra" but fortunately Rafa is a genuine, hardworking guy and met my niece, at a Food Convention, he's worked in the food industry, for many years. 

Mum came from Caserta, NW of this area.

th?id=OIP.G5fqoHJr2tu_tJdFYo383AHaEl&pid

I see, England are playing Italy, in a football friendly, on Tuesday night. I know where my loyalties lie!! FORZA AZZURRI, come on you Blues. That's going to make me popular, NOT!!:nonono:Sorry, it's a "family thing" I must admit though, it's probably the best chance England have had of beating Italy, for a number of years, especially after being "buoyed up" after their win, over Holland, the other night.

Anyway, better get back to WEATHER related news, before I get told off, again!! Overnight model runs have definitely shifted away from a cold, wintry spell over Easter. Wanting to hold an area of low pressure, over the S.W. rather than clear it away eastwards, to allow a cold N to NE flow, to flood south over the UK. But there's still time for the models to shift the synoptic pattern, a few hundred miles further east, to perhaps allow more parts of the UK to experience a "White Easter"

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

Hope you're well tom,I know exactly how you feel regarding the football,my dad is italian,comes from a little town nr pescara,never good when england play italy,as you can imagine

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
10 hours ago, D.V.R said:

that sounds disgusting :bad:

I'm not stupid, I'm not silly...

Image result for goats in the rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

I have to admit I've not really taken much notice about the Easter weather because as much as I like snow I'm ready for mild warm sunny days so the potential for snow doesn't float my boat (goat) at this time of year.

What's the latest regarding the potential cold spell? Is it worth diving into the models?....Typical cold gloomy, cold rain mixture?

Posted

Just back form a wee shufty in the MAD thread: the man from Darlington, he say 'yes', 'no', 'maybe'...:santa-emoji:

Posted
2 hours ago, Kent Blizzard said:

I have to admit I've not really taken much notice about the Easter weather because as much as I like snow I'm ready for mild warm sunny days so the potential for snow doesn't float my boat (goat) at this time of year.

What's the latest regarding the potential cold spell? Is it worth diving into the models?....Typical cold gloomy, cold rain mixture?

There seems to be a bit of a trend back towards colder conditions, in other words, the weather models do not have a scooby about easter yet.

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
39 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

There seems to be a bit of a trend back towards colder conditions, in other words, the weather models do not have a scooby about easter yet.

I take it the correction south we've seen all winter/early spring has now started then. I has two lots of snowfall now, not to fussed as long as it not cold rain, or dry cold. Snowy or warm and sunny would be best though.

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

I'm not stupid, I'm not silly...

Image result for goats in the rain

Isn't there anything that these creatures can't climb.. Hth???? ?  

Posted
56 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

Isn't there anything that these creatures can't climb.. Hth???? ?  

They can sing too!

• Like 1

Posted

all i say there deep gloom in the mod thread for the ones  you are looking for warm weather  over easter!!

Posted

Hi gang,

I've spent most of the morning helping baby to understand how to move his wings to fly, he is getting there.A bit too enthusiastic as he has almost fallen to the ground a couple of times lucky I was holding him.I've made a nice chicken soup, and nothing on tv so i'll try to find some film on youtube.There is the film the theory of everything about stephen hawkins, but dont know if i'Il find the channel (itv3) online because i haven't got a tv. i was lucky enough to meet stephen hawkins once and he spoke to me.

i see its not so fixed for snow over easter here.

• Like 2

Posted

What a stonker of an afternoon: 11C, strong sunshine and nary a breath of wind!:good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 minute ago, Ed Stone said:

What a stonker of an afternoon: 11C, strong sunshine and nary a breath of wind!:good:

We got cloud with occasional light rain falling. Still 9 degrees though, so could be worse. 

Posted

Cloudy and dull here all day :lazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

2DDF457100000578-3293440-A_devastating_s

Not this country but me likey. Me want humid and thunderly. Otherwise I would be stuck in repeat posting hell. 

no goats were hurt in the making of this post. 

edit :

:wallbash:

Edited by Dami
  • Like 2

Posted
23 minutes ago, yamkin said:

Well i saw the beeb forecast and there was talk of battles between air masses next week:good:

• Like 1