Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Hi peeps hey how's you all I have not been here for a few days but just thought I say hi to you all.

well I hear rumours going around of another blast of snow ❄️ for Easter. Just when you thought it was all over lol ? anyway if the cold verefies then it will once. Again get busy in here can we really be third time lucky again. Well who knows but let's see how things progress. 

Anyway I just got to Euston catching the underground now back to Walthamstow not been a bad day today coollish breeze. 

Peeps got to love you and leave you but speak soon. For now take care all and stay safe 

all the best 

regards ????

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, E17boy said:

Hi peeps hey how's you all I have not been here for a few days but just thought I say hi to you all.

well I hear rumours going around of another blast of snow ❄️ for Easter. Just when you thought it was all over lol ? anyway if the cold verefies then it will once. Again get busy in here can we really be third time lucky again. Well who knows but let's see how things progress. 

Anyway I just got to Euston catching the underground now back to Walthamstow not been a bad day today coollish breeze. 

Peeps got to love you and leave you but speak soon. For now take care all and stay safe 

all the best 

regards ????

You could always Stay Another Day, E17?:oops::D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

My brother in law is a gritter,  he has been put on stand by for the Easter weekend 50% chance of snow.   Maidstone 

Edited by Binsey72
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

You could always Stay Another Day, E17?:oops::D

Don't worry Ed Stone not leaving still here ?.......just got home a fresh evening out there wouldn't call it really mild. Just had a thought would it not be so crazy to have another beast that delivered snow to our part of the UK that would be unbeleivable, but never say never it is still possible, 

only yesterday I watched an old BBC weather video for 5th April 2008 and that had snow moving from the north to our location and it was forcast for a few centimetres. So just goes to show it can still happen. 

Anyway it's been a long day at work and a long journey from MK so going to put some dinner on and relax ?.

speak soon take care for now all

????

• Like 1

Posted
On 20/03/2018 at 20:08, Ed Stone said:

All up in the air: Image result for weather forecast willy

Was certainly a cock up that amber snow and ice warning. :laugh:

Nice to see this thread busier than usual even when not much is going on, missed the fun? ??    

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
49 minutes ago, E17boy said:

Don't worry Ed Stone not leaving still here ?.......just got home a fresh evening out there wouldn't call it really mild. Just had a thought would it not be so crazy to have another beast that delivered snow to our part of the UK that would be unbeleivable, but never say never it is still possible, 

only yesterday I watched an old BBC weather video for 5th April 2008 and that had snow moving from the north to our location and it was forcast for a few centimetres. So just goes to show it can still happen. 

Anyway it's been a long day at work and a long journey from MK so going to put some dinner on and relax ?.

speak soon take care for now all

????

I'm pretty sure I have pictures of that snowfall in my gallery. I was working in Brixton that year and couldn't believe it actually started settling on the roads and pavements for a while. I also remember the horse chestnut trees had started to flower.. No chance of that happening this year.

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

I'm pretty sure I have pictures of that snowfall in my gallery. I was working in Brixton that year and couldn't believe it actually started settling on the roads and pavements for a while. I also remember the horse chestnut trees had started to flower.. No chance of that happening this year.

But have you been to the Hootenanny in Brixton, DVR? It's twinned with the establishment, of the same name, in Inverness. Copies of the Inverness Courier are on the wall. I have been there many times...:D

Scotland the brave - 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, JennyJane1 said:

UK cold snap set to 'extend BEYOND Easter' with 'MULTIPLE Beasts from the East until June'

:help:

Now that would be something to remember, but hopefully just a figment of someone's imagination.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 hour ago, JennyJane1 said:

UK cold snap set to 'extend BEYOND Easter' with 'MULTIPLE Beasts from the East until June'

DUE TO PUTIN'S HAARP MACHINE:shok:

• Thanks 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

But have you been to the Hootenanny in Brixton, DVR? It's twinned with the establishment, of the same name, in Inverness. Copies of the Inverness Courier are on the wall. I have been there many times...:D

Scotland the brave - 

I drove past there every day to the work place but I've never been inside.. Because I worked nights I used to see some funky folks coming out of there though lol 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow, Thunderstorms & Summer Plumes
4 hours ago, JennyJane1 said:

I suspect that the beast would be so tired by June that he may simply burn in mid air, imposing some effect at ground level as he does so

• Like 1

Posted
9 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

Now that would be something to remember, but hopefully just a figment of someone's imagination.

It would have to originate from the North, maybe NE to produce any winteriness. After a while the continent would be too warm for it to be considered a beast.. It'd just be cool and grey:bad:

• Like 2

Posted
9 hours ago, lassie23 said:

DUE TO PUTIN'S HAARP MACHINE:shok:

Yea why bother with tanks and bombs and spy's.. When you can just steer a few hurricanes into the gulf..economically and moraly devastating..lets hope not :ninja: :nea: ps.. you only have to have a reign on the anti cyclones.. They are the steering.. Perhaps if we get our order in early and we are good... They may put one smack over svalbard.. All winter.. :pardon:

Edited by TN9

Posted

There are three men, all wearing hazmat suits, taking corrugated asbestos sheets from one of the nearby factory units...

Either that, or they're really Russian spetznats guys preparing to go undercover, as snowmen, cometh the beast?:shok:

Posted
7 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

There are three men, all wearing hazmat suits, taking corrugated asbestos sheets from one of the nearby factory units...

Either that, or they're really Russian spetznats guys preparing to go undercover, as snowmen, cometh the beast?:shok:

not inside the triangle of doom, they won't :rolleyes:

Posted
58 minutes ago, TN9 said:

Yea why bother with tanks and bombs and spy's.. When you can just steer a few hurricanes into the gulf..economically and moraly devastating..lets hope not :ninja: :nea: ps.. you only have to have a reign on the anti cyclones.. They are the steering.. Perhaps if we get our order in early and we are good... They may put one smack over svalbard.. All winter.. :pardon:

You feeling alright?:unsure2:

Posted

According to the BBC weather today I've been relocated to the the middle of the Channel, Romney Marsh is a bit damp but not quite that wet :D

drowning.JPG

Posted

Well, well, well...the Spetznaz guys have vanished - poof! Proof that there's a major conspiracy in operation. Putin's about annex the Triangle of Doom. If you don't believe then look at what's already happened to Romney Marsh?:D

Be afraid. Be very afraid!:crazy:

Posted
36 minutes ago, kentcloud said:

According to the BBC weather today I've been relocated to the the middle of the Channel, Romney Marsh is a bit damp but not quite that wet :D

drowning.JPG

Brilliant!

Just goes to show how crap those forecasts/graphics/forecasters are.

And why do female forecasters on local tv all look like social grievance warriors nowadays.

Edited by Wimbledon88

Posted

Colder today than yesterday, put heating on again, quite overcast now. Keeping up with model thread in case of snow from 29th March through first week of April.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
20 hours ago, D.V.R said:

Wanna lick?;)

Image result for large goats meme

I'm mildly *disgusted * by this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
Just now, JennyJane1 said:

dis-goat-ed

screw that. No one spends a week in bed to have to come up with animal jokes.

Posted
1 minute ago, JennyJane1 said:

dis-goat-ed

Is your seagull called 'George' JJ?:D