Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Morning @TomSE12 glad to see you're fighting fit today :)

A touch of frost around early but also some cloud which again put pay to sunrise, still some nice reflections on the beach at Greatstone though.

IMG_0001.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted
24 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Morning all.

And how I can be accused of "enticing" members to gamble, when mentioning a Cheltenham "Tipping Competition", is beyond me!! If JennyJane reads this, I'm sure she'll confirm that no money changed hands, it was just a bit of "virtual" fun!!

Absolutely.

There's always people out to stop other people having a nice chat, ok its supposed to be weather related but there's only so much weather you can talk about.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms
19 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

Absolutely.

There's always people out to stop other people having a nice chat, ok its supposed to be weather related but there's only so much weather you can talk about.

I couldn't have said it better myself!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Thanks to all the above!! What got my goat ( Sorry Lassie, yes I've got one too!!), is the member concerned has been on this forum, for a far shorter period of time, than some of us on here. They obviously don't understand the concept, of a community based thread!! Their comments were overly patronising and condescending!! And I really shouldn't get riled about it, as some of you know, I have plenty more important things to worry about!! I have a post to get through on the Sports Zone, anyway.

Sorry mods, had to be said.

So members of this thread, you talk about, what you want to and ignore, this individual!!

Regards,

Tom.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning. :)

Reverse psychology needed for Easter methinks. GEFS perturbation 15. It must happen, surely? ;)

GFSP15EU00_252_1.png

GFSP15EU00_252_5.png

Edited by Steve C
  • Like 4

Posted
18 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Thanks to all the above!! What got my goat ( Sorry Lassie, yes I've got one too!!), is the member concerned has been on this forum, for a far shorter period of time, than some of us on here. They obviously don't understand the concept, of a community based thread!! Their comments were overly patronising and condescending!! And I really shouldn't get riled about it, as some of you know, I have plenty more important things to worry about!! I have a post to get through on the Sports Zone, anyway.

Sorry mods, had to be said.

So members of this thread, you talk about, what you want to and ignore, this individual!!

Regards,

Tom.

I don't think I've ever seen such a crass and insensitive comment on here, Tom. Just take heart that over 99% of people here are behind you. :)

• Like 5

Posted
25 minutes ago, Steve C said:

Morning. :)

Reverse psychology needed for Easter methinks. GEFS perturbation 15. It must happen, surely? ;)

Our local media is starting to talk about temperatures dropping from 29th march with possible snow over easter in this area. feels warmer here than of late and not so overcast, currently the baby bird is very warm, snuggled up under my chin and making a squeaking noise which is why the baby ones at a certain age are called squeakers.He was five weeks old yesterday and i expect he will fly soon, usually after six weeks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Amazing turn round in ground conditions since the mini beast passed, tracks that were impassable mud baths Sunday are now firm and hard, moisture is being sucked out at a tremendous rate.

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

Morning all.

Crikey!! Thought I was in a scene from Ray Bradbury's, "Fahrenheit 451" ( See WEATHER related), on here, yesterday morning!!

Those members. that have non-related weather books indoors, be careful the "Thought Police", don't turn up, confiscate them and burn them all. ( You can't miss them, they'll be dressed in black and white stripped uniform.)

I've been "baited" twice in just over a week, by this individual!! 

Yes, I do know Cheltenham, is in Gloucestershire and not the S.E, Sherlock!!

And how I can be accused of "enticing" members to gamble, when mentioning a Cheltenham "Tipping Competition", is beyond me!! If JennyJane reads this, I'm sure she'll confirm that no money changed hands, it was just a bit of "virtual" fun!!

My next Fantasy tipping competition will be at the U.S.Masters in, Augusta, Georgia. I know, not S.E.England but in the S.E. of the U.S.A, (Does that count) My next project will be the Grand National meeting, near Liverpool, in the N.W. of England, Sherlock. But don't worry, it won't appear on here. I'll be a good member and keep it on the Sports Zone forum!!

Sorry, rant over!!

polar_bear_cub_wallpaper-1024x768.jpg

Did  any of you see, one of these little fella's, on the news this morning? (Sorry,only slightly weather related ) Colette wants one but already has a polar bear, Uncle Svarlbad, in the cupboard!! ) Very cute.

In WEATHER related news, some overnight runs still hinting at a possible, "White Good Friday".

Hope you all have an enjoyable day but keep it WEATHER related, people!!

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

badger police 1.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 hours ago, Steve C said:

I don't think I've ever seen such a crass and insensitive comment on here, Tom. Just take heart that over 99% of people here are behind you. :)

Glad I missed whatever happened, as I may have gotten myself banned. I've always liked Tom, and saw nothing wrong with his game, during Cheltenham, was just fun.

• Like 7

Posted
5 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Glad I missed whatever happened, as I may have gotten myself banned. I've always liked Tom, and saw nothing wrong with his game, during Cheltenham, was just fun.

I saw it but chose not to respond during it, but what I would say is that nobody here knows what other members here are going through, be it illness of themselves or family members, perhaps lost their job, maybe even just lonely. Some members have chosen to share their problems/illnesses which is great if others can support them, I for one would be very sad to have the great community we have here reduced to only weather related comments, i think all of us have been cheered up by the joking aound we do sometimes, i know that sometimes when i feel very lonely and miss southernman and feel that being ill is unfair as well, i can always rely on a laugh in this thread.And yep I'm sure I would have got myself banned as well. :shok:

• Like 9

Posted
54 minutes ago, laddie said:

Amazing turn round in ground conditions since the mini beast passed, tracks that were impassable mud baths Sunday are now firm and hard, moisture is being sucked out at a tremendous rate.

Interesting and good to hear! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Thanks for all your comments above, ladies. Yes I could sense from the silence that greeted this individuals response, to my Cheltenham post, that it hadn't gone down well!! As JennyJane states, the competition was a little bit of "virtual" fun and how it could be construed , as an enticement to gambling, is beyond me!! Yes touches of Fahrenheit 451 and Big Brother, I think, sadly!!

Anyway, back to my Golf competition, now.

Regards,

Tom

• Like 2

Posted

Beast mk3 - Easter Sunday !

image.thumb.png.911e981783147848ff19452ef116e470.png

followed by on 4th Apr

image.thumb.png.1baeccb5fbc65488da7321ba96185b62.png

Long way off but fascinating to see - what a remarkable end to winter this is proving to be

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

I hate to hear that people are being cruel to each other there is enough cruelty in this world without more being added. I love this forum and it’s full of different characters. 

The weather today started beautiful not many clouds and quite warm, its started to cloud over a bit now booooooo. 

As for the snow at Easter not sure how I feel, I do love snow but my bones are cold now:cold: and I have to say I do fancy some warmth. I do love being in my garden watching the kids play in the pool and feeling the sun on me. P.S will this be another easterly if it come off???

Edited by DonnaThw
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
32 minutes ago, cobbett said:

Beast mk3 - Easter Sunday !

image.thumb.png.911e981783147848ff19452ef116e470.png

followed by on 4th Apr

image.thumb.png.1baeccb5fbc65488da7321ba96185b62.png

Long way off but fascinating to see - what a remarkable end to winter this is proving to be

That's nae the sodding Triangle poking out of the snow again, is it?:wallbash::D

• Like 2

Posted

Just seen berries on holly trees to cater for birds etc which means much colder conditions are on the way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
3 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

What happened in here since the morning:cc_confused:

Don't worry, lightning :db:

Posted

What happened in here since the morning:cc_confused:

In a word - loads has happened: seven goats, a couple of seagulls and a squirrel have all passed through. Have you been asleep?:D

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 hour ago, yamkin said:

Just seen berries on holly trees to cater for birds etc which means much colder conditions are on the way.

like it, the berry forecast, now it's time for the BBC berry forecast

Posted

like it, the berry forecast, now it's time for the BBC berry forecast

Not another forecast from HRH Prince Chuck!:D

Posted

Went down to Tesco again today, and I didn't see a woman standing at the fish-counter, with a seagull on her shoulder...Ooh arhh, Jim Lad!:shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
12 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

In a word - loads has happened: seven goats, a couple of seagulls and a squirrel have all passed through. Have you been asleep?:D

I was out in my shorts buying short bread from the short bread shop but got short changed:nonono: Nice summer's day today hit 22c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

The berries are sure keeping the local tits fit.

Image result for funny birds images