Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
10 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Looks like were coming to the end here now for the SE - :)

Its been a great ride !!

All hail the great SM (Snow Machine) see all in November. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Is it just me that hates the Meto generic term of 'by and large' what does that even actually mean ?!!!

Edited by Honey

Posted
1 minute ago, Honey said:

Is it just me that hates the Meti generic term of 'by and large' what does that even actually mean ?!!!

From sailing: a ship may (or may not) sail well both close by the wind, and large, downwind, with sheets extended.

looked it up, i didnt know that, very interesting.

Posted
5 minutes ago, John Ronane said:

Do you think we will get any snow out of the northerly at Easter?. i know we are in the least favoured position for a northerly,but if it was potent enough would the showers, if they got here, be of snow?

Where it was relatively mild Tues weds Thurs.. 13.. 14 c sun out..it took Saturday or most of it to cool it all down again.. Lost a few hours there.. Seems to have been snowing,  albeit lightly, for a while but nothing really to show for it.. Latent heat ? I think.. So snow,  yea maybe,  but settling is gonna be hard.. Especially low lying areas 

• Thanks 1

Hi good peeps hope you all are good ? and hope you all have had a wonderful weekend.

Here in Walthamstow we have had snow on and off since 4 this afternoon but most of it has been light in nature. Still some light flakes coming down at the moment. In terms of covering I think it has not been as good as I expected we have had patches on the pavement but nothing compared to the last cold spell.

its been really nice to see so many people on here again and what a journey we have made all together this winter,but it has been worthwhile and at least we will look back on it and remember it for some of the good reasons. 

I suppose it's going to quieten down after today but I will still be coming on here just to see how everyone is and also beginning my next chase in a few months for night time storms I do love them in the summer. It's been a real pleasure reading the great posts on here written by the great people who make up this forum. For me although it has been my first year posting it has become like a family hangout and that is thanks to all you sweet people.

hope you all enjoy the rest of the evening and hey what a winter train journey this was. 

Speak to you guys soon look after yourselves and stay safe 

take care all the best 

????

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

And it’s still snowing , unbelievable , I love it , it’s been a great few days with lots of unexpected snow .Im off now to look after my poorly dog ? vets tomorrow for the old boy , just hoping it’s not as serious as I think it is .Anyway thanks guys and girls it’s been a blast yet again ? here’s to the next time ? 

• Like 8

Posted

As much as we are saying it’s over and some spring warmth would be awesome, it looks like we could get one final bash of this over Easter 

• Like 3

Posted

So much for at 1500 the SE Will get pasted. Light flakes here in North Kent if I learnt anything it's never trust anyone on line who promises they have all the answers. Want Spring now 

Posted

Don’t quite understand the gameover comments, maybe I’m flogging a dead horse but enough to keep me on the look. This wasn’t forecasted, so who’s to say a surprise may happen. 

706CDAEB-5AFA-48E5-8CC5-BAD0D7E38891.thumb.png.becb8b016e7204a7abd8de00f2e92cae.png

• Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Don’t quite understand the gameover comments, maybe I’m flogging a dead horse but enough to keep me on the look. This wasn’t forecasted, so who’s to say a surprise may happen. 

706CDAEB-5AFA-48E5-8CC5-BAD0D7E38891.thumb.png.becb8b016e7204a7abd8de00f2e92cae.png

Looking at the last half hour it’s dying a dearh out there. Prob all be gone within an hour or so. I hope you’re right though 

Edited by c00ps
  • Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, c00ps said:

Looking at the last half hour it’s dying a dearh out there. Prob all be gone within an hour or so. 

Maybe so but models keep the window out to Monday AM what you need is there.

• Like 2

Posted
11 minutes ago, Marie said:

And it’s still snowing , unbelievable , I love it , it’s been a great few days with lots of unexpected snow .Im off now to look after my poorly dog ? vets tomorrow for the old boy , just hoping it’s not as serious as I think it is .Anyway thanks guys and girls it’s been a blast yet again ? here’s to the next time ? 

So sorry about your dog, hope he will be ok.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat
1 minute ago, JennyJane1 said:

So sorry about your dog, hope he will be ok.

Thank you , currently laying on floor with him having cuddles watching the snow still fall past the lamppost , it’s got really heavy again with big flakes .I love snow and would love it to lay on roads etc but actually glad it’s not so I can get Scooby to vets tomorrow x

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold
13 minutes ago, Lampostwatcher said:

ive seen light blue patches burst into greens last night and an hour ago 

deffo not game over for london yet

Yep I agree. The snow keeps on brewing over London before it gets to us in East Berkshire similar to last night. Hoping for a few more hours of snow to give a decent top up covering ?❄️❄️

Posted
15 minutes ago, Bob Lee said:

So much for at 1500 the SE Will get pasted. Light flakes here in North Kent if I learnt anything it's never trust anyone on line who promises they have all the answers. Want Spring now 

Interesting quote. Most on here are pretty knowledgeable people. @Surrey and mr murr to name but 2. Thinking best thing to do next time is not to listen to people and look out the window.

3 minutes ago, Marie said:

Thank you , currently laying on floor with him having cuddles watching the snow still fall past the lamppost , it’s got really heavy again with big flakes .I love snow and would love it to lay on roads etc but actually glad it’s not so I can get Scooby to vets tomorrow x

Wishing him all the best :( x 

• Like 3

Posted

Well, at least there was enough snow on box hill for tobogganing today!

B93A2D7E-2939-477F-AFB7-A3929D53ABB3.jpeg

Edited by Great Plum
Ok, it won’t let me show you the tobogganing pics but you get the idea!
  • Like 4

Posted
5 minutes ago, Marie said:

Thank you , currently laying on floor with him having cuddles watching the snow still fall past the lamppost , it’s got really heavy again with big flakes .

I hope he is ok. Perfect way to spend an evening watching snow fall with your fav pet. Just wish he was in good health. 

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Maybe so but models keep the window out to Monday AM what you need is there.

Would be nice to wake up to a good covering...maybe even a snow day