Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Location: North of Steyning - West Sussex - some 10 miles south of Horsham
  • Location: North of Steyning - West Sussex - some 10 miles south of Horsham
3 minutes ago, turkishfella said:

Guys, is this an extra snow? None of the forecast channels and website mentions this!!! I am happy and confused. It’s been snowing really good in Brighton but metoffice doesn’t show this

Met Office radar does!

Posted
1 minute ago, Daniel* said:

That’s no good it misses me :D with the last beast. This was certainly a Streamer a strangely orientated one too. Early hours of Wednesday 28/02/18 had some of the heaviest snowfall I can ever recall. 

CCBFB864-99E1-4E53-81DA-9E8E9EC7E915.thumb.png.db7970456c6d85592a3bd65b39fcf613.png

the good thing with streamers is, they can be wider than that and vary in direction to get everyone in a big area!:wink:

• Like 1

Posted

I've had a slight dusting since dark, which was a suprise.

Paths and Roads dry but cars have been dusted and our previous cover on all other surfaces has survived rather well.

• Like 1

Posted

Is anyone else finding huge spiders that have come indoors out of the cold or just me, the one i just encountered in the hallway was bigger than Lassie's goat!:cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
4 minutes ago, bobbydog said:

i've done a little paint job on your map to show an example of what a full-flow thames streamer would look like (a bit like 2010 from memory)

20180318_200424.png.633d083a8c9661242a1ef4461badbdba.png

Yes, that's very much how FEB.2009 was, with thunder snow. No this is nothing like as potent, mainly because differential between 850 temps and Estuary temps, aren't as great, therefore less instability. We could still get a slight covering though, if persistent.

Regards,

Tom.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
8 minutes ago, John Ronane said:

but will it be cold enough for snow down here from the north? you might have to  clean your bucket for six hours this time and do a snow dance. are you up for this task?

lol does the dance involve wearing a bra on your head, by April i doubt it would be cold enough for settling snow even if I polish my bucket after cleaning it for 6 hours. It would have to be exceptional, not the bucket, but the cold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
8 minutes ago, Hotspur61 said:

We maxed out at 1.3 this morning about 11am but since then the temp has gradually dropped falling below zero about 4 and is currently -0.5.Although not officially an Ice Day flipping cold for this time of year.Light snow started falling here about 3.45 with the odd moderate burst and is still light giving a light covering everywhere and everything looking picturesque(maybe 0.5cm at most).Much as i would love to see a Thames Streamer set up i think it is unlikely but still think this light snow will continue until the early hours(HIRLAM has it continuing till about 7-8am!!)

This will be the last snow for us from this current cold snap although tomorrow will still be very cold with a max of only 2 or 3 for most.Thereafter a steady rise in temps during the week with temps 8-10 by Weds and pretty much that level for rest of week.

Maxed out at-0.4 here, then went down to -1.3 unfortunately now temp going back up, currently -0.4 again. I think your temp will start rising too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, FiftyShadesofSnow said:

Someone's blocked my posts mate?

who blocked your posts:shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Been out to do the bins, snowing, feels a bit warmer than earlier, although that could be the roast chicken and cava combo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
Just now, FiftyShadesofSnow said:

Not sure mare mate but I saw a rat in my garden...drinking 43% gin as well.

Is that before or after you drank the gin?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
7 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Maxed out at-0.4 here, then went down to -1.3 unfortunately now temp going back up, currently -0.4 again. I think your temp will start rising too.

Yes Alexis,

A bit worrying and according to Meteociel, Shoeburyness, has "pluie"!

http://www.meteociel.fr/

Regards,

Tom.

13 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

lol does the dance involve wearing a bra on your head, by April i doubt it would be cold enough for settling snow even if I polish my bucket after cleaning it for 6 hours. It would have to be exceptional, not the bucket, but the cold.

you are just looking for excuses. we have had snow from a northerly before in April. its very rare,but so is an easterly twice in March.Now get that damn bra on your head and starting doing the funky chicken dance aka snow dance  hehe. there is a guide online on how to do it. 

Edited by John Ronane

Posted
1 minute ago, dubmuffin said:

Been out to do the bins, snowing, feels a bit warmer than earlier, although that could be the roast chicken and cava combo

You're still having those hot flushes?:p

Posted
12 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Some potent showers if radar is to be believed need to look really close. :D

8E331667-778F-421C-9103-8863BAE838BF.thumb.png.6708be333e3bc7b95e847be2b38f1b75.png

They are anomalies - you can tell when you run the sequence - they dont move...

Posted

Are there historical radars from way back? I’d love to see the radar for Jan 1987. Think that’d be epic. 

• Like 1

Posted

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2s693rq&s=9#.Wq7MwpcuDIU

Here's a picture of the big spider, don't look if you are spiderphobic.

Its funny, when Southernman was alive I used to be petrified and made him take them outside but since I've spent so long alone, I'm just like, oh another big spider, hmmm leave it, no worries. There must be half a dozen like that i have seen today in different rooms, no its not the same one all the time.Time was, I woud have screamed my head off seeing this one, I didn't even flinch at it.

Edit to say thats not magnified and i took the photo from some way back, it really was big.

Edited by JennyJane1

Posted
1 minute ago, FiftyShadesofSnow said:

Off to Yarmouth tmw matte I need Jennyjanes input 

What have you done to her?

Posted

radar expoding into life again in nw london 7cm snow depth 

they hit the m1 then balloon into green 

Edited by Lampostwatcher
  • Thanks 1