Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

22 minutes ago, James Gold said:

How is south London faring from a possible streamer - did great in the streamer the last beast but is it different this time in any way?

we need to see the allignment in the next hour or so!

Posted
4 minutes ago, warrenb said:

Looks like it has stopped here now

Still very fine stuff falling North Tonbridge - not easy to see now it's getting darker!

My thermometer is reading -0.4c but the ground and cars aren't freezing yet?

Edited by snowblizzard

Posted
1 minute ago, Steve Murr said:

Gonna be interesting - I’d prefer myself further central London at the moment, but I know nothing, and as you say it’s all up in the air 

Posted

is it possible this could keep going for a few hours yet. i've got greedy with the snow sticking this afternoon.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and crisp, Dry and Snowy, Clear blue sky
6 minutes ago, danm said:

To be fair I don’t think the Met Office predicted this either. 

I don't think it was predicted yesterday, but Yamkin posted that metoffice had notified Croydon Borough Council about heavy precipitation this evening earlier on (about 2 ish I think)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Been quite lucky my location.. More dustings last 3 events. Just light small flakes. 2cm if being generous. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mike Poole said:

You are so right about this Nick. Forecasts on BBC this morning had no snow at all in central areas.  Having looked at the models, HIRLAM in particular, I was thinking who provides these forecasts! 

Meanwhile the radar looks interesting for many in the south, but just look at the dragon's flame green to red stuff coming out of Cherbourg, France, aimed at Devon and Cornwall.  

lastsnowradar_uk.gif

Could be some serious drama for the sw. The precip there is slow moving and this band is likely to catch up to that.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!
1 minute ago, Steve Murr said:

Nooooo

Garden been trashed by 3 year old-

Taken a gamble to see what the recovery can be this eve !

02D6BCBA-0FED-4790-9432-3091E83091EE.thumb.jpeg.d98bca0bd1bc92b5f4a0347f21a99324.jpeg

I've got one of those snow killers too!!!:rofl: and an 11 and 9yr old - just no respect!x

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

It’s coming from Belgium isn’t it

FD23D2BE-8255-4C51-BC96-CE233FA06F49.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, Heat and Cold, Tornadoes & Hurricanes
3 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Steve, radar still seems to be producing from Northern France, is that what met office think will bring heavier snow this evening?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and crisp, Dry and Snowy, Clear blue sky

lightly snowing in Selsdon now. Side roads are nice and white again, but only a dusting. Settled well on pavements and grass.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bevbrighton said:

Steve, radar still seems to be producing from Northern France, is that what met office think will bring heavier snow this evening?

Yes !! :)

Will make a call on depths around 7/730 but happy with 3cm so far- total in untouched spots 8cm!!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
3 minutes ago, TheOriginalMrC said:

lightly snowing in Selsdon now. Side roads are nice and white again, but only a dusting. Settled well on pavements and grass.

Everything is covered again:D

• Like 2

Posted
5 hours ago, WhiteFox said:

Whereabouts in Reading are you stargazer? Watching the radar last night j noticed that we were catching some the greens here just south of the M4 but they kept dissipating over Reading. We got about 8cm or so (difficult to tell because of wind, but that was lowest depth measured in back garden) here in Three Mile Cross.

We're near the town centre just off Caversham Road - right at the bottom of Reading, on the edge of the Thames floodplain. It's sheltered and quite built up here so we tend to get a bit less snow than the surrounding area, and temperatures are generally half a degree or so higher than at the university's official weather station.

Edit - just starting to get a few flakes again now.

Edited by Stargazer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Hubbie went out in car 30 mins ago now windows are covered again.  Seems to be finally settling after last few hours of no inch-age!!! Garage roof and bbq are covered too. Canvey island ❄☃❄

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France
  • Weather Preferences: Continental type climate with lots of sunshine with occasional storm
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France

We have had snow falling for the past hour or so, note it was not forecasted when I checked earlier - Current temp -1.6, humidity 88%, bar started to rise 12 hours ago, then levelled off for last 6 hours.  Would estimate about a cm of fresh snow, vis down to 600 metres. 

It has hardly got above freezing today, however it was quite mild for a few days prior to see beastie and I have seen some melted patches on the garden - I wonder if this because the soil is retaining some residual heat, then we had the snow which would have insulated it - just a thought - can't recall ever seeing it quite like that before. 

Wondering if it is the Thames streamer kicking off again

image.thumb.png.e5d40514f7236dd0b63e91513be6425c.png