Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, Heat and Cold, Tornadoes & Hurricanes
5 minutes ago, Joe Watts said:

Wow, surprised to only see a dusting in Brighton, in Shoreham we have about 2-3 inches :O

Think peacehaven was just too far  east from the main area again, slight dusting, glad Brighton and Shoreham had some more, do we except some today?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!
13 minutes ago, Eastnorthwest said:

This spell has been exceptional for most not all,especially those who thought they were in the fireing line for snow ,but as nick sussex said in one of his posts yesterday it's shame the SSW came so late this time round ,if it had came in January it might have been even more impressive 

Better luck next winter for us all

This is what I keep thinking - if only it was Dec/Jan!!! Ah well, at least most have seen a little something now.... Now just roll on Spring and Summer and I'll be back here come November searching for signs of the next SSW, lol!!x

• Like 1

Posted

Are any of the Reigate posters able to update on conditions back home please?  Thanks.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Coming down again fairly hard here in Farnham! 

So chuffed! But remembered I left my mums wheelchair outside! Trying to defrost it before I take her outside! She’s not at all well and doesn’t go out so I want to try to at least let her see it in the Garden! 

Hooe it stays long enough! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

We didn't get much more from when I went to bed last night.. Our next snowfall according to the models is later on this morning/ afternoon into the evening.

Posted

I'm in Epsom - what's the best direction to drive in to find a nice slope for sledging?! North, South, East or West of me??!!x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Not quite enough to hide the grass and paths but it's white outside here in Charlwood. I just went up to the Midlands forum and I should not have tortured myself. I bet they never get this when I move up there. :rofl: Still, it's been better snow wise than the last 5 years here. Maybe we might have a last chance saloon at the end of the month.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!
1 minute ago, weathergeek said:

I'm in Epsom - what's the best direction to drive in to find a nice slope for sledging?! North, South, East or West of me??!!x

Surely the Downs?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Does it slightly vex anyone else when Weather forecasters in TV use emotive language instead of just saying the facts?!

lovely, nasty, horrible etc weather! 

One mans meat is another mans poison! ?

• Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, abruzzi spur said:

Are any of the Reigate posters able to update on conditions back home please?  Thanks.

See my above re Charlwood. I guess you may have more in Reigate.

• Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Storme said:

Surely the Downs?

Wasn't very good last time, grass too long so was poking through the minimal amount!x

@fulham snow might know?x

Edited by weathergeek

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

Sorry @D.V.R I dropped off at last. No I slipped on the wet decking. It was only power hosed three months before. I might need surgery but I’m holding of from that as much as possible. 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, weathergeek said:

Wasn't very good last time, grass too long so was poking through the minimal amount!x

@fulham snow might know?x

Ok. Did you get much in Epsom? I lived there for 40 years and am always curious. Had precious little since moving to Charlwood 6 years ago. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)
10 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

We didn't get much more from when I went to bed last night.. Our next snowfall according to the models is later on this morning/ afternoon into the evening.

Do you know where it’s likely to hit ????

Posted

This easterly hasn't really favoured us this time.. It looks like most other regions did a lot better than us:cray:

• Like 1

Posted

Well yesterday was bizarre on the Costa del Southend. About 15hrs continuous snowfall leaving about 2.5cm. Most of that falling during the morning. I can’t remember a time where snow was falling for so long, but doing absolutely nothing for accumulation. I also can’t remember the last time an Amber warning was so badly wrong as well. Poor from the METO and will think twice about paying attention in the future! 

• Like 2

Posted
12 minutes ago, paget said:

Coming down again fairly hard here in Farnham! 

So chuffed! But remembered I left my mums wheelchair outside! Trying to defrost it before I take her outside! She’s not at all well and doesn’t go out so I want to try to at least let her see it in the Garden! 

Hooe it stays long enough! 

Just started snowing again moderately here in Odiham. You can clearly see an isolated blob of precipitation on the MetO radar that is perfectly aligned for you (Farnham) and then me. Looks like it will last for about half an hour or so. 

Posted
12 hours ago, JennyJane1 said:

yeah its a miserable night more like november than march.

cant get rid of quote, anyway it was an awful night, very strong winds, no snow, woke up to very bright light an hour ago then it took nearly an hour to go through all the night's posts, now its very overcast and still very chilly. All the birds are ok, i do worry about them in the cold weather, because its so dark they are still all a bit dopey and not moving.Only baby is cheeping a bit and seagull is mooching about pulling stuff out of the medicine cabinet, bandages, plasters, anything he can get hold of, i shall have to put it all back later.

I was sad to see the bickering that went on overnight, we have a great little community here and that sort of thing spoils it.I'm looking out now for posts explaining beast 3 and the forecast for that if it seems likely.Also loving the photos and videos from those who had snow in the last few hours.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, DonnaThw said:

Do you know where it’s likely to hit ????

Anywhere along the south, especially later on when it's starts slipping south.. Tbh I can't give you a definitive answer we just have to watch the radar.

Check out hrilam - http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/hirlam.php?map=430

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, Heat and Cold, Tornadoes & Hurricanes
3 minutes ago, Paul Williams said:

Picked the right weekend to take the kids to centreparcs! Ended up in a sweet spot! 

EE0CE5BA-6FB8-494E-89C6-5DA05FAC6BED.jpeg

Wow brilliant enjoy ? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A centimetre or so here this morning, nothing too disruptive. Time for spring to arrive now in my opinion even though this spell has been pretty exciting.

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

Sorry @D.V.R I dropped off at last. No I slipped on the wet decking. It was only power hosed three months before. I might need surgery but I’m holding of from that as much as possible. 

That's so unlucky, Donna.. Good luck with recovering:good: