Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
1 minute ago, Man With Beard said:

Portsmouth going fully white.

Judging by direction of bands, this could be the heaviest fall in Reading since 2010. Been snowing pretty steadily since around 6.30. Took a while for the roads and pavements to start getting covered, but everything falling is now laying. Reading half marathon tomorrow; be interesting to see if it goes ahead!

Posted

Snow is sticking goodo now. I suppose it does not matter which direction it's coming from, just great to see it sticking!!:yahoo::yahoo:

I will be pulling an all nighter!

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
4 minutes ago, Bricriu said:

Snow is sticking goodo now. I suppose it does not matter which direction it's coming from, just great to see it sticking!!:yahoo::yahoo:

I will be pulling an all nighter!

We’re a mad bunch staying up late to watch how much frozen water falls out the sky!

Edited by Nick F
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow
4 hours ago, Speedbird said:

we are missing nothing . . . the Met Office appear to be missing their marbles having issued an extended Amber alert which has only effected 25 percent of its coverage . . . 

A disappointment whatever way you look at it. Just goes to show that even though we were well within that Amber zone nothing like what was expected happened. Damn. Worse still the easterly remain tomorrow but just chilling wind and zip else that as gonna be galling East Kent has seen virtually nothing in the last few hours barely a smattering 

Edited by snowfish1

Posted
Just now, Nick F said:

We’re a mad bunch staying up late to watch how frozen water falls out the sky!

Hehe  I guess. It's just we know that it could be years before we see snow again in our region. It's mad to think we are having this so late in March.

Posted

Measured 3cm on bird bath on top of ice still it falls, love seeing it blow about just like the last cold spell who would hand thought that it’s been snowing throughout the day really started at 6am beats March 2013. :) 

Edited by Daniel*
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Bricriu said:

Hehe  I guess. It's just we know that it could be years before we see snow again in our region. It's mad to think we are having this so late in March.

Yep, gotta take it by the horn while you can, doesn’t come around too often, first time sledging back in the last cold spell for my 6 year old as it hasn’t snowed enough to do it before then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Cableguy said:

Yes

How funny the weather is, went to bed at 10.30 disappointed to wake up to find whiteout conditions outside and our heaviest snowfall of the year so far

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006
3 minutes ago, Surrey said:

North Surrey taking the jackpot? I have nearly 3" settled on everything maybe 4" 

Hardly, I'm in north Surrey and have around a 1cm. Ironically I'm now too far West - I have the full sweep now of being too far North, East, South and West during the last three weeks! Epsom west and north is looking good at the moment.

Edited by Radiating Dendrite

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Well I've finally caught up with this thread! Started reading on and off at 5pm yesterday at around page 60 and it's taken me over 9 hours to catch up, I must be mad :rofl:

It's been a good read apart from a few bits of bickering, glad to see some are getting what they want after a slow start. Expected quite a bit due to the amber warnings but was a little disappointed like others, had a heavy band at 7/8am yesterday morning which gave a covering of a few CM away from the pavements and roads, and it's snowed light but consistent throughout the day, slowly covering footpaths, not expecting too much overnight here now on the east coast looking at the radar but Subnday looks promising again!

Question from page 132 which was never answered so I'll give it my best shot!

8 hours ago, stubbys said:

Why on the radar v7 or extra app, whenever I click Europe, the resolution goes really blocky and pixelated?

I think the NW radar has always been like this, it has since I've been viewing it for the last 5 or so years. I think the UK view is directly from the Met office and the euro view is either from another provider or just simply a lower resolution, it's not an issue just the way the radar is set up. 

I'll be off for a nap shortly ready for fun and games throughout Sunday, so for everyone doing an all nighter, I hope you get what you're looking for! If not don't pull your hair out, there's still further chances down the road, (even if you have to drive to them) :D

Edited by The East has Ceased
  • Thanks 1

Posted

It’s much heavier compared to what radar has. Pretty surreal looking out my window after little over two weeks ago like a flashback.

56F27A52-3ACB-4699-9107-0238E4963558.thumb.png.6f264cae974983fd4b16fe4518c609e7.png

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
7 minutes ago, The East has Ceased said:

Well I've finally caught up with this thread! Started reading on and off at 5pm yesterday at around page 60 and it's taken me over 9 hours to catch up, I must be mad :rofl:

It's been a good read apart from a few bits of bickering, glad to see some are getting what they want after a slow start. Expected quite a bit due to the amber warnings but was a little disappointed like others, had a heavy band at 7/8am yesterday morning which gave a covering of a few CM away from the pavements and roads, and it's snowed light but consistent throughout the day, slowly covering footpaths, not expecting too much overnight here now on the east coast looking at the radar but tomorrow evening looks promising again!

Question from page 132 which was never answered so I'll give it my best shot!

I think the NW radar has always been like this, it has since I've been viewing it for the last 5 or so years. I think the UK view is directly from the Met office and the euro view is either from another provider or just simply a lower resolution, it's not an issue just the way the radar is set up. 

I'll be off for a nap shortly ready for fun and games throughout Sunday, so for everyone doing an all nighter, I hope you get what you're looking for! If not don't pull your hair out, there's still further chances down the road, (even if you have to drive to them) :D

i missed the bickering:sorry: was too busy eating the easter eggs i got to replace the first lot i ate

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms
6 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

i missed the bickering:sorry: was too busy eating the easter eggs i got to replace the first lot i ate

Lets hope the weather has a sense of humour and we get some snow for Easter on april fools day! That'll wind the mildies up :yahoo:

Edited by The East has Ceased
  • Thanks 1