Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Similar here in Waltham abbey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice
1 minute ago, Lampostwatcher said:

really chucking it down now and not in the amber zone 

mouth of the thames looking great 

I think you may need to look again . . . precipitation on the mouth of the Thames is fast disappearing

Posted

Been snowing here in Cliffe N Kent for a while - finally the roads that haven't been gritted are covered - jaffa cakesing me off ppl driving by and ruining the picture perfect scene !! 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Lampostwatcher said:

really chucking it down now and not in the amber zone 

mouth of the thames looking great 

You seem to live in a Siberian micro-climate, I'm just down the road from you and we have about a cm with light/moderate snow...

Posted
Just now, CK1981 said:

Does anyone else want to jump on the childish bandwagon tonight and attack me? Are we still in the school playground because it certainly feels like it 

Im not attacking you but Im suggesting that some of your comments are trying to insight responses and cause trouble.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow, snow......... Snow

Let's all chill.  I'm fairly sure people wouldn't  speak to each other in this manner face to face.   Everyone on here brings something to the party.  Let's all enjoy what we've had.... ??

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow - I'm an 80 year old kid at heart!

Can't see coastal East Anglia cloud-creation any more, and it looks like it's all starting to slide away westwards from the coast there, and that will be the end of the Big Beast encore for this region, I suspect.

However on the models site they are now talking about another snow event for Easter!

Posted
2 minutes ago, Team Jo said:

in other news we have about 4in accumulated and it’s stuck to the roads and still coming down.

How you get that much and how did it sneak past me here :girl_devil::rofl:

Coming the 15 miles to Brentwood to sledge tomorrow then, any decent venues apart from South Weald ?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

?

Posted
4 minutes ago, chionomaniac said:

It's a radar watch situation so keep an eye on the backbuild. Some models suggest that you could get lucky!

Could this reach north Hampshire?

Posted
6 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

Thanks for that. What have you added?

A good assessment of your recent posts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
Just now, CK1981 said:

What a nasty piece of work you are 

How’s the snow where you are CK?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course
20 minutes ago, abruzzi spur said:

Quick update from Brighton, here in the shared flat down towards the marina end of town.  Dry and windy, chilly, Light silly snow earlier that did nothing other than wet the ground.   Been out and about most of the day, walking both in town and out on the Downs, then a good Italian lunch that was immune to the weather, so for me it's not really about what's on the radar, what's on the charts, when a breakdown might occur, how long the cold will last, who has 1cm and who has 2cm, or whether snow has 'shifted' north or south.  I'm still not sure how weather can 'shift' anyway, it's done what it was always going to do.  People arguing about where, when, why, how much; blimey - what on earth is all that about?

That's the effect of a good Italian lunch, puts the world into perspective

• Like 2

Posted

I'm surprised the meto never update their warnings when it goes tits up.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

Is anyone else in the Lee/Lewisham/Blackheath area wondering who put up the shield that is currently deflecting the incoming precip??

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Well it looks like for most of Kent and E Sussex it looks like we will miss out on the heaviest of the snow but thats the way it goes and good luck to those North of London and NW of London in Home counties  tonight.Think you will end up with 5cms+.Also appears that parts or Suffolk,Essex and Herts will do ok.On looking at HIRLAM latest run i think it has been fairly accurate as it was showing the heaviest of the snow in N essex moving across the region over N London then Herts Berks etc.Interesting it shows mainly light snow on and off tomorrow for most of the SE thread and then this possible movement out of NE France/Belgium.One to watch for those in Kent and Sussex who have once again missed out on what looked to be a very promising position. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Speedbird said:

I think you may need to look again . . . precipitation on the mouth of the Thames is fast disappearing

Agreed. I think we're on borrowed time now in London. Can't see too much of note over the next few hours. Still, any snow is welcome snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, to a point .....

We are such a tiny island in the grand scheme of things where global weather is concerned. It' complicated enough to see if a cold spell from the east will hit the UK, if you read the model/strat thread and then once it' confirmed, everyone naturally heads to the regionals for a snow fix (like me). But the variations? Jesus, where to begin, convection, temperatures, wind speed, wind direction, low pressure systems moving in. It' way above my pay grade, I don't have a clue, but the bickering? Is it necessary, not really, it' all a bit hit and miss when it comes down to nailing the specifics. 

So just enjoy it or don't bother posting, I saw someone calling people idiots on this thread earlier, wtf, grow up.

Snow, thunder storms, wind and heat, I love the weather extremes, unfortunately the UK is fairly moderate where all of those are concerned, but I like seeing other people's opinions and what the weather is like near me. So please refrain from petty crap and get along ?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold
4 minutes ago, Honey said:

Been snowing here in Cliffe N Kent for a while - finally the roads that haven't been gritted are covered - jaffa cakesing me off ppl driving by and ruining the picture perfect scene !! 

We got married there in the Cliffs hall in September last year!

• Like 1

Posted

Is this anything building in the channel? 

Moving north? 

Screenshot_20180317-215306__01.jpg

• Like 3