Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!
28 minutes ago, Chertseystreamer79 said:

Well well well....I have all the icons a man could dream of on the met...but not even 2cm....ahhhhh well!

So frustrating - to see so many heavy snow icons but nothing in reality.... ah well, there's always next year bro xx

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
4 minutes ago, Marie said:

Oh I hope your right ?

Most models don't suggest a Thames streamer so I don't understand the met office amber warning. More so I see a dynamic situation with snow forming off the Sussex coast, with the formation zones heading NE towards NE Sussex before the whole system pushes west towards the west country. We shall see....

• Like 5

Posted
8 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

Just a comment you made earlier. Anyway, let’s see how it pans out mate

I’ve checked my posts in the last 12 hours and I’ve said nothing of sort think the snow or the lack of it is getting to your head. ;)

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat
4 minutes ago, chionomaniac said:

Most models don't suggest a Thames streamer so I don't understand the met office amber warning. More so I see a dynamic situation with snow forming off the Sussex coast, with the formation zones heading NE towards NE Sussex before the whole system pushes west towards the west country. We shall see....

Thank you for the reply , fingers crossed ? just checked at the lamppost and it’s snowing , not heavy but it’s still more than we had a few mins ago lol 

Edited by Marie
  • Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, snowrye said:

No one ramped it up,the system has moved northwards,sadly leaving alot of us in sussex and kent with next to nothing

I wasn't referring to anyone here at all it's a general term of phrase as we all know those sections in media those individuals who make weather forecasting a laughing stock. Here no one has told anything but truth in their hopes and subsequently disappointment or delight 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

So confused now! 

Very light snow here in Farnham, Surrey! 

Not sure if I’m too south or north or as usual West! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder

I'm still hoping for the Brighton equaliser..... Almost as much as the snow

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Daniel* said:

I’ve checked my posts in the last 12 hours and I’ve said nothing of sort think the snow or the lack of it is getting to your head. ;)

My bad then. To be honest, I’m here for the chat and informing people. I’ve had grief from another member and don’t need any more. I have good insight to give and thats why I’m here. I know you get a bit Shirley Bassey at times, but let’s keep it cool

• Like 4

Posted
13 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

As I said a while back, it’s all north. You disagreed though 

Snow growing in intensity due south of you in north Hampshire. Don't think it's all north. You were never in the amber area whereas further south all seems to be going to plan. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

The IKON shows the snow being widespread around 10pm onwards.. We'll see.

icon-10-3.png?17-18

icon-10-6.png?17-18

• Like 1

21:00 Radar Grab shows the current dry slots - East kent & Sussex -

The circulation that was ruining Brightons chances is drifting west - so you should be looking south-

2830B600-5BD8-4959-B64D-BF4BFC043156.thumb.jpeg.f8058df47b121a3992d398cb844dc588.jpeg

Been very fortunate here - The dry slot disnt make it & the PPN back built over kent - its like a South coast streamer moving North-

Hosing it down here.

6618143C-9782-4589-A5BA-F306D418CBEE.thumb.png.ceb796eddc0a4237f492136c7b0540b8.png

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Sick to death of this, heavy blowing snow, had to close of the front section of the lambing pens as it's full of snow now,, sheep crammed into the middle (which is also getting its fair share) and the back. Going to be a godawful mess to sort out in a couple of days. Hate it.  Feel sorry for anyone lambing outside in this weather. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

My bad then. To be honest, I’m here for the chat and informing people. I’ve had grief from another member and don’t need any more. I have good insight to give and thats why I’m here. I know you get a bit Shirley Bassey at times, but let’s keep it cool

Lol.. yes your highness, you similarly have triggered commotions.  :rofl:

Posted
Just now, coram said:

Snow growing in intensity due south of you in north Hampshire. Don't think it's all north. You were never in the amber area whereas further south all seems to be going to plan. 

Wow, what would I do without you ?

Posted
6 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

jeez

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, steveinsussex said:

jeez

At least you may share common ground from him on me at least. :yahoo:

Back to weather dry slot to my south set to close. Pretty decent this is here. :) 

E0D0129B-03F0-45A6-9B0B-D32F1D2B932D.thumb.png.decf826caa814abd9600b10e98c02313.png

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

The circulation that was ruining Brightons chances is drifting west - so you should be looking south-

2830B600-5BD8-4959-B64D-BF4BFC043156.thumb.jpeg.f8058df47b121a3992d398cb844dc588.jpeg

Been very fortunate here - The dry slot disnt make it & the PPN back built over kent - its like a South coast streamer moving North-

Hosing it down here.

6618143C-9782-4589-A5BA-F306D418CBEE.thumb.png.ceb796eddc0a4237f492136c7b0540b8.png

I’m in galleywood , Chelmsford , am I in the firing line for a bit more ?? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados
7 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

You mean its not quite game over for us currently in the dry zone

Posted

Been snowing for a few hours now in Bexleyheath and have a nice covering on the cars and grass but simply will not settle on the roads or pavements no matter how heavy it comes down!

• Like 4