Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
2 minutes ago, Come rain snow or shine said:

Looking at the Met Office radar again ... still indications of a low or trough in the far SE, centred on where there is little or no snow at present. Snow on the East Anglia coast is edging north, while off the coast of eastboutne it's heading ENE or EN.  In Surrey it's edging south well into west sussex.

You can clearly see this evolution if you look at the radar, and on https://darksky.net/forecast/51.3918,1.4001/us12/en

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, to a point .....

Is it me or is precipitation forming right on the edge of our coastline, east Kent? Screenshot_20180317-175401.thumb.png.a047631511ffa1c30fd1a25593b4f18e.png

• Like 1

Posted

I like Dark sky, you can see the direction of PPN clearly, as there are arrows. If any of you guys click on the link, you can move the map around to see more of the UK 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

I imagine anyone reading this thread from any country where snow is a regular occurrence and in copious amounts must think us complete bonkers with our lamp post watching, radar analysing and arguing about whether the event is a write off or the best thing since last time 24 hours before it's due to be over ;-)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Well,if you look at the radar,you'll see the whole south east under ppn,apart from my location,lol

Posted

The blob over Suffolk returns. Now this puzzles me. Is it a fake radar return or local forcing causing the intensification ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

*BLOBWATCH 2.0*

I want to know, is this one genuine or is it lying to us like the last one did? :laugh:

Screenshot_20180317-175704.png

Edited by andy_leics22
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

It's all freezing out there in Lee, SE12! Ice could be a real issue tonight.

It's been snizzling, at variable intensities, for about 3 hours now and surfaces that didn't get anything settling this morning are now slowly going white.

The dark blues are about to arrive, with a spattering of green.

Patience people :)

Posted
5 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Nope coming down thick and fast now and finally settling on the paths and side roads

Yeah radar suggesting moderate snows setting into S.Essex, Paul the UKV 17z update puts you into the bullseye around 9-10pm, snowfall rates around 2 inches an hour at that point in time!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
8 minutes ago, stubbys said:

Is it me or is precipitation forming right on the edge of our coastline, east Kent? Screenshot_20180317-175401.thumb.png.a047631511ffa1c30fd1a25593b4f18e.png

Yep green blob in Doverr real,  heaviest snow since this morning g now falling.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

my brother is in newcastle and he is in a blizzard at the moment:angry: meanwhile down sarf, we have the snow version of drizzle:angry:

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, kold weather said:

Yeah radar suggesting moderate snows setting into S.Essex, Paul the UKV 17z update puts you into the bullseye around 9-10pm, snowfall rates around 2 inches an hour at that point in time!

That’ll do...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Brighton temp is 0.3 and dewpoint -2.3 nothing falling from the sky but overcast .Good luck to you guys that are getting the snow ? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

I hope the energy I've put into today's anticipation won't be in vain. First it was 2pm, then 4pm, 5pm, 8pm, now it might not happen until 9 or 10pm. I made special plans to go to the pub tonight just for the pleasure of walking there in a blizzard, not so appealing in what amounts to white drizzle, and I'll be glued to the forum instead if the heavy stuff doesn't start before the band!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

It looks like yesterday’s dry zone should have been the orange zone ?? heavy snow here for the last hour and a good covering 

C3DC875D-0627-4518-8855-C5877B59A137.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

my brother is in newcastle and he is in a blizzard at the moment:angry: meanwhile down sarf, we have the snow version of drizzle:angry:

snizzle mate.. come on bro, how long have you been on here?

Posted

Precip is strengthening over the west of the region as the forcing starts to increase from the east, small area over Surrey, stronger area between Slough and Reading. Remember 9pm is when things get real interesting!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Currently nothing falling here at Gatwick, but we have had fine snow all day.

Posted
1 minute ago, kold weather said:

Yh really starting to ramp up a bit now, this does look like a classic streamer to me, moreso than Beast Part I a few weeks back.

Beast Mark III looks like it could ruin Easter Egg Hunts as well - Love It!

Just hope that UKV is correct as have sledging pencilled in for 9am tomorrow morning

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
3 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

*BLOBWATCH 2.0*

I want to know, is this one genuine or is it lying to us like the last one did? :laugh:

East Kent part real, don't know about the rest, but kind of looks connected.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
3 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

*BLOBWATCH 2.0*

Bugger! That's only half of the Triangle of Doom. Talk about 'winning the Jackpot'!:80:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, to a point .....

Why on the radar v7 or extra app, whenever I click Europe, the resolution goes really blocky and pixelated?