Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
6 minutes ago, Come rain snow or shine said:

If we stay clued in ... we stay OK. When were you born? 

Definitely. I was born 1978.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Despite the sky becoming ever more laden-looking - still nothing!:cray:

Posted
  • Location: North of Steyning - West Sussex - some 10 miles south of Horsham
Just now, D.V.R said:

Definitely. I was born 1978.

Oooer, a youngster lol. You were a toddler in the 79/19 winter - a good one for cold, less so for snow, but there was some decent snowfall.  

Posted

Lots of us on here are trying to give a balanced view and insight today. Others are mocking that, which is a shame. I think rather than mocking people, appreciate the input others make as it’s often valuable!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
6 minutes ago, c00ps said:

Still light snow but sticking to everything. Road and paths slowly getting covered. It’ll need to snow for 5 days at this rate to get to 5-10cm lol 

B1F5D78D-5742-4650-8D60-D4D1E5ADE681.png

You think you've got it bad, eh? I'd have to wait for ten years!:rofl:

Posted

Won’t let me upload a pic for some reason , been snowing all afternoon with washing powder like snowflakes ❄️, settles on gardens , cars and in the last hour started settling in paths , nothing on road as of yet but the gritter  did pass by about half hour ago so that’s probably why . ❄️

Edited by Angel Wings
Stupid predictive text stuck again
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, CK1981 said:

Lots of us on here are trying to give a balanced view and insight today. Others are mocking that, which is a shame. I think rather than mocking people, appreciate the input others make as it’s often valuable!

Quite. Anybody messes with me - i'll give them facts ;)

Posted
Just now, Ed Stone said:

You think you've got it bad, eh? I'd have to wait for ten years!:rofl:

???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

so this is what the next 20 years is going to be like with the new ice age, hours of pointless snow grains:rofl:

• Like 1

Posted

Looks like another pulse working through central Kent heading WSW towards  W.Kent and E.Sussex. Expect more and more of these areas to develop over the next few hours. Probably still needs a little more forcing for things to really get going.

Posted

I agree it's frustrating when it's so cold, the clouds so heavy but not much falling. However we are only 12 hours into a 48 hour event so too early to get upset.

At least we have interesting weather with lots of potential, the alternative is miserable mildish greyness. 

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Angel Wings said:

Won’t let me upload a pic for some reason , been snowing all morning with washing powder like snowflakes ❄️, settles on gardens , cars and in the last hour started settling in paths , nothing on road as of yet but the fritter did pass by about half hour ago so that’s probably why . ❄️

Take a screenshot of your images first then it will upload.. try that:)

1 minute ago, CK1981 said:

I don’t see anyone mocking ?? I see everyone putting their input in !! Not to sound rude but if you get frustrated with us less knowledgable ppls posts can’t you just not comment and move on ? 

Posted

Light snow blowing around in the air all afternoon in Wandsworth. Accumulating slightly but not really heavy enough. It's clearly colder than this morning as the melted snow on cars etc has re-frozen. Should accumulate quite readily if it gets heavier later.

Comparisons to the Feb 2009 setup are exciting - I hit the jackpot with that event in the hills near Leatherhead. There was no snow on the ground at ~6pm and it was quite clear before the clouds started building. It was cold enough to accumulate straight away with no melting. I remember the Met Office Red Warning for the area being issued at quite a late stage. The snow was heavy and almost constant once it had started -12 hours later there was 35cm level snow depth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
36 minutes ago, Come rain snow or shine said:

Cold springs were all the rage in the 1960s, after the 62-63 winter.

Coldest was March 62, my mum always talks about the ice that month, then I found out it had broken records for the 20th century.

Posted
1 minute ago, Snowflake Queen said:

I don’t see anyone mocking ?? I see everyone putting their input in !! Not to sound rude but if you get frustrated with us less knowledgable ppls posts can’t you just not comment and move on ? 

Indeed I will comment and move on, just think some people mock others. I’ve seen a few comments like that. Look, I don’t care what people think about me, but if others are taking time to give some insight, others shouldn’t mock that.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Angel Wings said:

Won’t let me upload a pic for some reason , been snowing all afternoon with washing powder like snowflakes ❄️, settles on gardens , cars and in the last hour started settling in paths , nothing on road as of yet but the gritter  did pass by about half hour ago so that’s probably why . ❄️

screenshot the pic on your phone which will lower the resolution

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Another good thing about snow in spring is that, it doesn't get dark until later so it's nice to watch it fall and settle without the need for lights and lamp post.

• Like 3