Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold
1 minute ago, CK1981 said:

There will be an overall expansion though with the push north of the wave, so I wouldn’t worry too much about how it looks right now. As many have said, things will start to get interesting later this afternoon.

The Meto only have light snow throughout the evening and morning hardly enough to cause excitement ?

Posted
1 minute ago, CK1981 said:

There will be an overall expansion though with the push north of the wave, so I wouldn’t worry too much about how it looks right now. As many have said, things will start to get interesting later this afternoon.

True and to say the initial forecast was showers it's been snowing persistently here since 8.30

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

That blob in the east has just grown:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
18 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

i was hoping for enough snow to build another snow woman:vava:

just three:nonono:

Will she have three gazongas this time?:shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
12 minutes ago, dubmuffin said:

I am disappointed to see that the heavy snow symbols have been removed from the Met Office app, I've been looking at them regularly just for the joy of it

Yes indeed, I mean I'm not making it up they have just removed them, all they had to do was look at their radar and they could have just not put them up in the 1st place for early afternoon, oh well.

Anyway the flurries are getting a bit heavier here and the estuary is looking a bit more interesting, fingers crossed for 4pm.:D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Snow has returned, albeit very light with small flakes. Least the roads, pavements have dried out in the dry wind for it to settle for later

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
Just now, Steve Murr said:

2pm radar returns starting to get interesting from the thames & more especially east kent vicinty....

It's a real tricky one for my location imo (Boxley) I'm looking at two potential decent set-ups, one to me West and one to my East, I could potentially be on the edge of both of I might not get much at all.....however experience and history tells me I've often done well from this type of set-up, time will tell

Posted
3 minutes ago, prolongedSnowLover said:

The Meto only have light snow throughout the evening and morning hardly enough to cause excitement ?

God grief apps just ignore them following last time I don’t give them the time of day. Heathrow TAF has heavy snow showers tonight blowing too, these will come your way. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Snowing again Canvey island and we still have snow in ground from this morning ?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
14 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Well after thinking the front was going to clear hours ago before I went out, was moving south quicker than forecast at the time, it is still over me but producing icey type snow, almost sleet really. Although still have snow on cars and grass, ice in places and iceikles? There's even huge iceikles one the front of running buses, so the cold is here. I think it looks like the snow is trying to turn less icy again now though, just not quite there yet. Think it will land well if it does turn.

I think the progression south of the cold air has been just slightly slower than expected, it got here on schedule, but slowed right down as it moved towards the south coast.

Posted
5 minutes ago, prolongedSnowLover said:

I’m going to stick my neck out and say that prediction is wrong and no doubt will change as things progress!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring
3 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

2pm radar returns starting to get interesting from the thames & more especially east kent vicinty....

What's it looking like for NAG and Sevenoaks area later ?

Posted
3 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Indeed, Light snow pepping up now in East Kent, coming in a ENE wind off the sea.

• Like 1

Posted

Possible wave developing along frontal boundary over south North Sea to east of East Kent

C3C698E3-DF9B-4AD2-9EDC-476F760EF105.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
9 minutes ago, James Oliver said:

Snow pepping up in Dover. Falling moderately now with larger flakes mixed in. 

Yep can confirm that has got here now, although still small flakes, just more of them and looking less icy.

Posted

Any thoughts on Brighton either getting in on either one of the streamers or the precipitation moving up from France? And replies would be much appreciated thanks 

• Like 2

Posted

Showers starting to pop up. Now it gets interesting. 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Yep can confirm that has got here now, although still small flakes, just more of them and looking less icy.

I can't help but think this will fizzle out for us down here with that expanding blob moving to the North of us.