Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
8 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Worth noting the convergence line shown on the 00z Sunday FAX chart is at the EXACT same angle as the Feb 09 streamer, through S.London,out into Surrey near Guildford then through Hampshire (broadly along with the amber warning, may need to be slightly 'fattened')

Hi KW, yes remember that event well, FAX was spot on and resulted in a very potent Thames Streamer event. Think you were still living in Thurrock then, and along with Steve M, here in Lee, SE12, was directly downwind of you, on that ENE flow and eagerly awaited, your snow reports. Looking at the HIRLAM, looks to set-up a convergence zone, Thames Estuary/Corridor, as we go further into Saturday and overnight, into Sunday, before fading away, tomorrow morning,

Regards,

Tom.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Very very Light small flakes started in Farnham

temp 1.4

dp -0.3 

Posted

BEen snowing for a cpl hours in Cliffe N Kent - did have around 1.5cm but most has melted except on grass and cars. 

Looks incredibly wintery and to think I was having a cuppa in the sunshine yesterday! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Snowing quite heavily here and starting to settle on grass and roofs. Windy and cold at just 1C, and falling. What a massive change overnight.

Posted
4 minutes ago, samalllpop said:

I can confirm snow in cobham.... we had a foot of snow in feb 2009 from the famous Thames streamer..... what will this one produce! 

I remember that - I had to walk from Leatherhead to Cobham for work (horrible boss made me do it and I was too much of a wuss to argue). Had to help people with stranded cars and there was a grittier stuck in a ditch near Pachesham.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms & Snow!

Edited by Gretal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
2 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Borrow lassies goat 

It's a push I'm after, not a goat curry.....curry comes later but I doubt they'll deLIVER only Chicken :diablo:

Posted
1 minute ago, TomSE12 said:

Hi KW, yes remember that event well, FAX was spot on and resulted in a very potent Thames Streamer event. Think you were still living in Thurrock then, and along with Steve M, here in Lee, SE12, was directly downwind of you, on that ENE flow and eagerly awaited, your snow reports. Looking at the HIRLAM, looks to set-up a convergence zone, Thames Estuary/Corridor, as we go further into Saturday and overnight, into Sunday, before fading away, tomorrow morning,

Regards,

Tom.

Ironically Im now almost directly downstream WSW from you guys, so whatever you get will head my way, in maybe a slightly reduced fashion. Tables have turned!

Still waiting for snow here, but probably not far away, the band is starting to orientate W-E and that will continue as the flow goes more to the ENE in the next few hours. I'mnot expecting much to settle to start with though...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
5 minutes ago, John Hodgson said:

Blob alert!

I think a new thread needs to be opened for that blob alone. It keeps growing with every 5 minute radar update! 

Lets start a petition for the blob thread... *BLOB WATCH* Where will it end up?! :laugh: My guess is over the London area in around 3 hours. What does everyone else reckon? 

Edited by andy_leics22
  • Like 2

Posted

Wow really heavy snow here in welling. Alot wetter than last time. Roads and pavements clear but that wont last as temp will fall

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/storms
Just now, andy_leics22 said:

I think a new thread needs to be opened for that blob alone. It keeps growing with every 5 minute radar update! 

Lets start a petition for the blob thread... Where will it end up?! :laugh: My guess is over the London area in around 3 hours. What does everuone else reckon? 

#blobwatch

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Exciting weather!
Just now, andy_leics22 said:

Lets start a petition for the blob thread... Where will it end up?! :laugh: My guess is over the London area in around 3 hours. What does everuone else reckon? 

Everywhere hopefully! :D

Posted

Looking at the radar I wouldn't be surprised to see the Met Office warnings updated shortly. 

• Like 1

Posted

Well as soon as I started my last post, it has started snowing. Won't be settling until the slightly heavier stuff comes from the north though I think.Still, I'min abit of a good spot for settling snow, so we will see!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers
10 minutes ago, snow raven said:

Settling everywhere except the roads and pavements.   Does anyone know if the dew points will get low enough to settle there too?  And roughly what time?  There's nothing worse than watching snow falling, going to waste! :nonono::laugh:

Gather it all up and put it in the freezer ;-)

Edited by Jayces

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

Light to moderate snow for the last 20 minutes in Tunbridge Wells - just starting to settle on some surfaces. I cannot believe I am saying that in mid-March! We are supposed to be taking our daughters to Cadet Camp in Crowborough later today - do not relish driving in this.

• Like 3

Posted

Light snow in Haywards Heath, this band seems to be starting to weaken though. Is the ppn in East Anglia genuine? Seems like it appeared from nowhere very quickly! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Absolutely hammering it down now! Temperature dropped to 0C ?