Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
2 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Hi Sidsnake, thanks for your kind words and hope hubby continues to improve.  Btw, had the results of my MRI brain scan, to investigate, episodic, neuralgic type soreness, on the left hand side of the brain. Consultant Neurologist, at the PRU, in Bromley, after doing a multitude of tests, thought nothing "sinister" was going on and probably,nerve damage ( quite common, after that type of Stroke ) or scar tissue, caused by surgeon tearing ventricle, on left hand side of my brain, when removing drain. And scan, revealed just that, scar tissue but nothing new or sinister, going on. Breathed a huge sigh of relief, at that news, Was a bit spooked, when the Scan was booked for a Sunday, as my negative side thought that Neurologist had arranged, a special, emergency scan, for me. But my sister, Luisa, who used to work in the Radiography dept, at Beckenham's, Sloane hospital, assured me that weekend appts, are now commonplace!!

I digress, my wife, Colette, just left for work and steady snow, is now falling but not settling, yet, here in Lee, SE12.

On that Dutch radar link, I posted, earlier, if you click on the SNEEUW tab, you can see the extent of the snow, stretching, across the southern N.Sea, into Belgium. With another band, leaving Holland, into the North Sea, just to the north of it.

Very best wishes, to yourself, hubby and family.

And hope a lot of members, see some decent snowfall, over next next couple of days.

Regards,

Tom.

Thank you very much Tom... I hope things go on well for you... No snow as yet but sky ominous... Windy and bitter here 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Gravesend (by the thames) and work Borough Green deliveries on job around the South east
  • Weather Preferences: Snow November to March. Heat and sun late April to early October
  • Location: Gravesend (by the thames) and work Borough Green deliveries on job around the South east
15 minutes ago, Mark Neal. said:

Not looking promising for Oxford City trip to Welling today! 

I'm a Dartford FC supporter in my rare spare time Welling like bexleyheath normally actually gets slightly more snow than Dartford due to the higher elevation even though it's closer to london

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Snowing now in NE London 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Snowing on South Norwood (Croydon) yay, long may it continue for everyone

• Like 2

Posted
11 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Snow can settle on wet ground, it's a myth that it can't, you just need the temp to drop ever so slightly and boom its very strange to watch because you can almost watch puddles turn white 

I’m aware of that, but if it hasn’t managed it at night, I can’t see it during the day. Not in March with the sun packing a punch. 

Possibly tonight.

Posted
5 hours ago, SLEETY said:

strange time to ask that question.why not just look on the met office website instead .

Because we are not sure exactly where Bletchley Park is, being strangers to the Southeast. I had checked Met Office for Milton Keynes'   forecast thinking that might be nearby, but also thought it would be good to have local input. Do you object to visitors or something? ?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Heavy snow small flakes here in Waltham abbey.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
3 minutes ago, Spikey M said:

I’m aware of that, but if it hasn’t managed it at night, I can’t see it during the day. Not in March with the sun packing a punch. 

Possibly tonight.

It’s getting colder this morning. Once the snow becomes heavier it will settle on grass readily. But yes, in any sunshine it will start to melt. 

Leaden grey skies at the moment so I’m not sure how much sunshine there’ll be today. 

Edited by danm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy all weather but LOVE snow and thunderstorms

Snowing  moderately on and of here on sheppey :D

Posted
1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Have you hit 10 on the MURR scale yet mate.

I’m at 5 at the moment 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Hopefully the snow can hold off enough so my boys can play footy ⚽️⚽️ Then it can do whatever it wishes. ⛄️⛄️

Posted
4 minutes ago, noggin said:

Because we are not sure exactly where Bletchley Park is, being strangers to the Southeast. I had checked Met Office for Milton Keynes'   forecast thinking that might be nearby, but also thought it would be good to have local input. Do you object to visitors or something? ?

Don't worry about that.... I come on here for information and this site enables me to be prepared with regard to my sheep... Ask away... Best wishes and safe journey x

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, shotski said:

Hopefully the snow can hold off enough so my boys can play footy ⚽️⚽️ Then it can do whatever it wishes. ⛄️⛄️

I couldn't bear the thought of little boys outside playing football in this bitter weather... Their poor little knees shivering in the wind ?????. Hopefully they will be able to play their game.. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring
5 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Heavy Snow 0.6c. NAG.

Send some down the road to Sevenoaks please 

:D

Posted
7 minutes ago, noggin said:

No idea where Bletchley Park is, but the regulars here welcome anyone to the thread from anywhere, I'm not an expert on the weather but from other posts, I would be extremely cautious if travelling anywhere in our region today, looks like the weather could be quite bad later today.

• Like 2

Posted

Up to 6 on the murrscale settling on grass and cars. Beginning to settle on pavements 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Dry as a bone on the Sussex coast.

looking forward to seeing what Mother Nature can produce today and tomorrow

• Like 1