Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!!
50 minutes ago, Stu_London said:

Still pretty mild in Orpington. Just been in the garden in my underpants and wasn’t inconvenienced 

Legend! ?

Posted

5.7.... 85%  here  in ipswich at  the moment

Posted
4 minutes ago, chionomaniac said:

Got this tweet from a trending site earlier. There is a first for everything, but evidently I am a trendsetter lol!

Can I get your autograph?

Posted
17 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Mini Beast starting to show his teeth already at the Estuary's Mouth

Low cloud streaming in from the North Sea

16z Temp of 15c

18z Temp of 9c

20z Temp of 7c

2130z Temp down to 6c

Wind ENE at 13mph

Its Coming!

Bring on the polystyrene balls @Paul Sherman ?

Posted

I must do a beer run tomorrow morning. . Lassie, I just want to say thank you for spending 4 hours cleaning your bucket this time- it looks like it has worked!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Oh snow, got to be close second frosty mornings, all white and glistening,
6 minutes ago, Woollymummy said:

So many frogs happily mating in the pond today, newts out crawling and basking on the paths and playground, I hope they don't all get frozen solid.

i keep looking for my frogs none yet , but they do get frosty this time of yr lol:D

• Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, Stu_London said:

I imagine when the easterly really kicks in they will fall off dramatically. How are you by the way. I’m thinking of making my chasing comeback soon?

Hey Big Man, all good here frantically getting things ready for the Chase Season in 7 weeks. Would be great to have you back out there its been a while 

Hope all is well in North London and the beast pays you a visit, lets see how the dewpoints go as we near Midnight, gunna be a struggle though I think

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
27 minutes ago, Stu_London said:

Thanks Nick. That explains things perfectly. How are you by the way. It’s been a long time

Not bad, can’t believe it’s 10 years since I first met you out in the U.S. chasing storms with Michael Fish!

Also can’t believe we going to experience another cold snap that tops anything upper temperature wise experienced in many winters we experienced from the late 90s through much of the naughties before 2009. Doesn’t feel right in mid-March and there’s no guarantee that we won’t see more cold snaps as we head through Easter. Oh well, we will see the back of winter some time  in the next few months 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

18z hirlam shows much of the SE buried by 9am Sunday!:crazy:

hirlam-45-38-0-1.png

• Like 9

Posted
1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

Hey Big Man, all good here frantically getting things ready for the Chase Season in 7 weeks. Would be great to have you back out there its been a while 

Hope all is well in North London and the beast pays you a visit, lets see how the dewpoints go as we near Midnight, gunna be a struggle though I think

I’m in Orpington now. So should be all good

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Is it going to snow for you over the weekend? 

Find the answer here (you might have to hold the mouse cursor over the GIF to reveal the answer)

You're welcome. 

giphy.gif 

The pointer goes back to No, but this is a lie. 

Edited by tomp456
  • Like 1

Posted

I'm off to bed as got to be up for work at 4. Hopefully we'll all get to see a bit of the white stuff, just wish it would hold off until 2pm as it would be my worst nightmare to be stuck at work for a minute longer than I have to be.

• Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, IPredictASnowStorm said:

so who is in the sweet spot for tomorrow then

18z Hirlam looks really good from 6am tomorrow for 24 hours, spreads it around the region aswell

image.thumb.png.316da108a2aac8b2c3f7a0a984ff0580.png

image.thumb.png.65a436835d3f9af763c5182cb3142a9c.png

image.thumb.png.18b113b4bcf87e4a2969fc0d923b8ce3.png

image.thumb.png.87b1050f9e41b03807a98bbf1f59463d.png

image.thumb.png.8e9d4335079e0cfff478c9cf874484cb.png

image.thumb.png.cbebf20c99acceae99347394e542800b.png

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, snowray said:

18z hirlam shows much of the SE buried by 9am Sunday!:crazy:

hirlam-45-38-0-1.png

HIRLAM will be my model of choice. Just need the above to shift 20 miles west to bring this area into the game, but it will keep changing.

• Like 1

Posted

Why is the very latest HIRLAM so much at odds with the other models?? The amount of snow forecast by it in the London area is wayyyy more than media forecast and the met! Is there an 18z Arpege/ Euro 4?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
31 minutes ago, Joanne Swann said:

Hi All, still cant get my old account back, so starting from zero, still mild, no breeze, just find it so hard to believe Mr mini could arrive , this is just doesn't seem real, so many roller-coaster rides over the yrs on here, but this is the weirdest, i was so ready, to get my mower out on Monday, im as confused as the birds making their nests, well i will be when this cold and snow hits :D  

Came here to join in with that disbelief. I'm so warm the heating is off and bedroom window open, it feels like an early April Fools' joke. 
The weather stations in my town say a dew point of 6 or 7! 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, svalji said:

Why is the very latest HIRLAM so much at odds with the other models?? The amount of snow forecast by it in the London area is wayyyy more than media forecast and the met! Is there an 18z Arpege/ Euro 4?

To be honest, the metoffice app seems to be using a similar data source!  Anyway, only 24 hours to find out although you would think hirlam  is overdoing it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, svalji said:

HIRLAM was at odds last time, but was almost spot on. Not to say the same will happen this time, but it seems to handle these scenarios better than other high res models.

• Like 2