Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Well it’s looking good peeps. After walking round today in short sleeved shirt in the lovely warm weather, it’s gonna be very different tomorrow. I think everyone has a chance of snow cover by Sunday night. Some quite a bit. Good luck and enjoy. And to think it might not even be the the last cold snap ?❄️❄️❄️⛄️?

Edited by c00ps
  • Like 1

Posted
Just now, DonnaThw said:

I seem to have been downgraded on every:nonono:thing not to sure if that is happening across the whole of the SE. What are you lovely peoples thoughts 

Yes as I mentioned earlier the meto forecast mentioned snow in the east but had no real concern for SE. Think the amber "member" shaped warning shot a bit early. Nothing much happening I think. Please though someone prove me wrong with evidence rather than "don't know what you were watching" check the meto YouTube channel forecasts for yourself

Posted
29 minutes ago, seb said:

Not sure what you watched. Lates forecast on MetO website makes a big deal about the two amber warning areas, one of them in the SE.

Go to the meto YouTube channel. Last few forecast barely bat an eyelid in our area...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold
5 minutes ago, Come rain snow or shine said:

Rain in norwich to turn to snow at around midnight tonight [says auntie beeb] as it spreads south and west.

We will be in and out by the, then it can chase us back to Farnham! 

Posted

It is fairly hard to believe after today's fine sunshine, so I'm sticking to my guns and calling this an all-sleet event for the Deal Microclimate. FB_IMG_1521225497912.thumb.jpg.64af70269661d353b3c86d8621b7d070.jpg

It is great to see spring thunderstorms popping up on Mother's Day, to be swiftly followed by another go at winter. Keep it up, Weather Gods.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: North of Steyning - West Sussex - some 10 miles south of Horsham
  • Location: North of Steyning - West Sussex - some 10 miles south of Horsham
4 minutes ago, paget said:

We will be in and out by the, then it can chase us back to Farnham! 

It will!  I blame the Russians. 

Posted
40 minutes ago, snowray said:

Where is this though? Ahh just saw it Norwich, cool.

Very lucky that the bus or train to Norwich from here take roughly 45 minutes and its about ten pounds on the train or less on the bus, and i go to norwich every so often its got a primark! Seriously though its nice to go there, more upmarket than Great Yarmouth!

Posted

Temperature watch: 9.2C (and falling).

Edited by mulzy
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
5 minutes ago, plumehead said:

Yes as I mentioned earlier the meto forecast mentioned snow in the east but had no real concern for SE. Think the amber "member" shaped warning shot a bit early. Nothing much happening I think. Please though someone prove me wrong with evidence rather than "don't know what you were watching" check the meto YouTube channel forecasts for yourself

I just watched the forecast on the metoffice website, two areas highlighted for more organised showers were around the Humber and the Thames as highlighted by the amber warnings. Seems sensible, unfortunately for northern parts of the region the Wash streamer isn't going to happen as we are now seeing a straight easterly rather than the ENE predicted a couple of days ago as the cold pool pushes west a lot quicker. Still there does seem to be plenty of shower activity, it will be a case of scattered showers elsewhere. 

It is also worth noting a couple of things tomorrow;

arpegeuk-41-25-0.png?16-17

Highs of 0-2C tomorrow, the temperatures will barely rise in the north and will likely fall throughout the day in the south as the cold digs in.

arpegeuk-11-24-0.png?16-17

Also possible gusts of 50-60mph over Norfolk so it will feel bitter out there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Just seen the BBC forecast,  Jesus those new graphics really are crap.

All I could see was lots of clouds floating around, are they meant to be snow or just clouds.

I am supposed to believe plenty of snow was forecasted yet they were showing what appeared to be bugger all sat night.

• Like 6

Posted
8 minutes ago, Ellozee said:

It is fairly hard to believe after today's fine sunshine, so I'm sticking to my guns and calling this an all-sleet event for the Deal Microclimate. FB_IMG_1521225497912.thumb.jpg.64af70269661d353b3c86d8621b7d070.jpg

It is great to see spring thunderstorms popping up on Mother's Day, to be swiftly followed by another go at winter. Keep it up, Weather Gods.

Big fan of deal, just purchased a property in the conservation area. Was planning to drive down this weekend but waiting to see how this pans out!

Posted
2 minutes ago, seaside 60 said:

All I could see was lots of clouds floating around, are they meant to be snow or just clouds.

I am supposed to believe plenty of snow was forecasted yet they were showing what appeared to be bugger all sat night.

Exactly what I saw on the meto, hope they're wrong would love to see some more of the white stuff but I'm loosing hope ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny summers and snowy winters
11 minutes ago, Ellozee said:

Deal 

or No Deal…

Posted
1 minute ago, plumehead said:

Big fan of deal, just purchased a property in the conservation area. Was planning to drive down this weekend but waiting to see how this pans out!

Ahh, sod's law says the weather gets in the way. Congrats anyhow, we've had our ups and downs in the area but Deal is a lovely place and I'm proud to call it home. Nearby Betteshanger country park is worth a visit too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

I spent a very pleasant afternoon in the sunshine on the seafront in Hastings. With barely a breeze it felt comfortable at around 13c. Difficult to believe what we might have in store just a few hours away now.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Very mild and sunny afternoon here too, today 14c, tomorrow 0c.:crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Hard to believe what's in store after today's Springlike weather. We sourced some bubblewrap from a  local removal firm and covered the pond just before dark, disturbing lots of frisky frogs. So much spawn, I'm sure some will survive. I've also swept the patio so the snow looks neat, but my partner drew the line at mowing the lawn for me:) Glass of celebration bubbly in hand, and fingers crossed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow
25 minutes ago, seaside 60 said:

i agree and thought exactly the same when i watched the forecast on the BBC.  Are they clouds or snow?  Bring back the good old stick on symbols that what i say.......and while they're at it....Ian McCaskill too :)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
6 minutes ago, snowblizzard said:

3c/4c tomorrow!

In the morning yes, but I'm thinking in the afternoon, I have 0c showing on Met Office side and heavy snow.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, CK1981 said:

I’m about 1 mile north of the Amber zone issued by the Met Office ??

So?  It is only a rough guide at this time. You could be out, in or we might all have nothing. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Snipper said:

So?  It is only a rough guide at this time. You could be out, in or we might all have nothing. 

I know, I was having a laugh. The Amber zone will more than likely change several times.