Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
3 minutes ago, Atmogenic said:

I'm probably one of the only ones here who would rather have the snow go away and keep with warmth and storms, We had our little bit of winter late Feb/early march and now that the sun is getting warmer having additional snow would be pointless. It will cause nothing special and it would melt within a few days unlike in December or January where it can be laying on the ground for weeks, so for me the further north the better.

Fair enough but most of us down here haven’t had the luxury of snow in December or January for years, so anytime of the year is a result as far as I’m concerned.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
5 minutes ago, snowray said:

That milky cloud is clearing here as it goes, just had a shower, sun now out. Gravesend up to 14c, never expected it to be this mild today.

If it's preceding a shower mines just leaving le harve, unless that goes SE east or disappears.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

cant make its mind up here if it wants to be cloudy or sunny. i think temperatures have dropped but not by much. it is still a lovely day. i love the snow but i also like the fact nights are longer and says that are nice do seem a lot warmer in the sun.

• Like 1

Posted

:yahoo::yahoo:right under the Y will be late to bed for me I think running up and down stairs opening front door looking at lamp as my garden has no light in it..... multiple shared house

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
14 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

It'd better snow; I've cleaned my windows so that I can analyse the flakes' finer detail as they fall!:wallbash:

I'm preparing my goat for the cold as we speak.:shok: It's looking tatty, so i'm going to wash it, dry it and give it a good ironing.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold
11 minutes ago, lawrenk said:

Fair enough but most of us down here haven’t had the luxury of snow in December or January for years, so anytime of the year is a result as far as I’m concerned.

Yeah I can understand people getting happy as everyone has their own weather tastes and I admit when it started snowing I was excited as well but within a day I got bored of it, but I know a lot of people love snow and want it to stay for quite a while but its coming to spring now so they shouldn't expect it to last too long.

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Atmogenic said:

Yeah I can understand people getting happy as everyone has their own weather tastes and I admit when it started snowing I was excited as well but within a day I got bored of it, but I know a lot of people love snow and want it to stay for quite a while but its coming to spring now so they shouldn't expect it to last too long.

Atmo no-one expects it to last more than 2 days at most. The chance that its mid-late march for such a strong windfield from the very cold east is a thing of beauty. just goes to show how our winters have changed, and it is warmer sometimes on xmas day than in march!!!!. snow fills me with happiness it brings me back to my childhood and the wonderful 81, (walking to school in shorts), 87 losing a week off school and 91 being on my work experience then we move into the 00 2008, 2009 & 2010.. 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Crystal clear windows are a must!

5C8699E7-F00D-41D0-AE91-18484A0CF639.thumb.png.bce95303291446de2adc04d0cbf7ab74.png

Steve are you not under the y formation on the mo warning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
1 hour ago, nicktabs said:

*Resists schoolboy humour on the shape of the warning*

Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 12.01.59.png

Looks like somewhere round Basingstoke to be hit “hardest”.

Posted

Croydon Borough Council's gritting teams will be deployed tonight to treat priority pathways and A & B roads. Gritting teams will also be deployed throughout Saturday & Sunday.

Posted

Just for a laugh peeps look at this  on the cusp of 300 hours away. Not taking it seriously but I love laughing at FI

Storm Risk Forecast

• Like 2

Posted

We actually have a lot to do this weekend, so wish this was better timed. Never mind. Snow is snow, and it’s always special. 

The snow warnings form the beast a couple of weeks ago were only yellow by memory. There’s amber now. Should this be read much into. Is there more expected this time round? 

CORRECTION, looking back at my screen shots, there was an amber boomerang last time. Ignore me. Nothing to see here

Edited by SnowBungle
I’m an idiot

Posted

I'm supposed to be in Stevenage for breakfast tomorrow and going to the top end of Hampshire for the night.  Amber warning firmly includes the M25 and M3 - I don't think I'm going far from home!  Anyway, the birds will be frantic Sunday morning if I'm not here to feed them.  Bullfinches in the garden yesterday.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
20 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I'm preparing my goat for the cold as we speak.:shok: It's looking tatty, so i'm going to wash it, dry it and give it a good ironing.

There's a goat works down the chip shop swears he's Elvis:

Image result for goat haircut

Posted
2 minutes ago, fulham snow said:

just washed the car,feels like a summer day

Its pretty unusual in this country to get such a rapid drop away in temperatures, to go from 13-14C maxes to 1-2C in 24hrs is a decent drop away, something a little more familar in the USA for example.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Gravesend (by the thames) and work Borough Green deliveries on job around the South east
  • Weather Preferences: Snow November to March. Heat and sun late April to early October
  • Location: Gravesend (by the thames) and work Borough Green deliveries on job around the South east
11 minutes ago, lawrenk said:

Looks like somewhere round Basingstoke to be hit “hardest”.

Perfect right near the middle in NW kent?

Posted
13 minutes ago, yamkin said:

Croydon Borough Council's gritting teams will be deployed tonight to treat priority pathways and A & B roads. Gritting teams will also be deployed throughout Saturday & Sunday.

I remember after 2009 Croydon started gritting pavements, I don't remember seeing that anywhere before then, although I'm sure it happens in all off London now

• Like 1

Posted

Just looking at the raw data on the UKMO website (is it from UKV?) and it makes for interesting viewing. 

Basically, front comes south, strengthens around the London area, then kind of sits over us. Showers kick off from the east, then gradually through the evening it becomes increasingly filled in as the front starts to (re?) develop, pretty persistant mod snow developing over a large region, though steadily transferring more to the west throughout the 2nd half of the night.

• Like 4

Posted

ALERT: A PROBABLE CONVERGENCE OF PPN TO FLOW FROM THE BELGIUM/FRANCE BORDER DURING SUNDAY AFTERNOON COVERING THE SE........EXCITING TIMES AHEAD :yahoo::D

Edited by yamkin
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Posted
3 minutes ago, yamkin said:

ALERT: A PROBABLE CONVERGENCE OF PPN TO FLOW FROM THE BELGIUM/FRANCE BORDER DURING SUNDAY AFTERNOON COVERING THE SE........EXCITING TIMES AHEAD :yahoo::D

Let's hope so.