Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
3 hours ago, Snipper said:

Looking good.  I notice you have wallpapered your greenhouse and have an easy chair in there.  Couldn't spot the beer keg.

Couple of questions. 

Did you get a good deal as the cost of your buffet food heater makes the chillies expensive initially? 

What is the hottest chilli you grow (Scoville scale)?

Hehe, that’s because it’s not my greenhouse, it’s my lounge! The growlight garden was £70 I think, bit pricey but I had amazon vouchers from my birthday to use so came out cheap ? The unit is very cheap to run. I don’t grow hot chillies, the hottest is jalapeño at around 2500 Scoville units. Don’t see the point as can’t taste anything hotter, just burns. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, JennyJane1 said:

At the same time as watching these posts about possible snow i'm following the most awful breaking news story that a bridge has collapsed and lots of cars are trapped under it, i don't expect its survivable, just gives a perspective to the bickering going on in the model thread.

Omg where? Never mind read your answer to someone else hope not to many have been hurt.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
8 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Omg where? Never mind read your answer to someone else hope not to many have been hurt.

Six are dead last I read never mind injured I believe and it was only finished this weekend. Although the pedestrian part was yet complete there would have been even more injuries. 

Not quite liking the trend to push things more north...seems ECM op was backed.

Posted
11 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

death toll is four i think at present, bound to rise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy all weather but LOVE snow and thunderstorms

Anyone know how sheppey will do as some are saying a fair bit and yet others are saying there will won't be much  we did very well last time 5 inches went sledging  3 times and said to the kids make the most of it so if we do get enough then we will be out again didn't expect this again for a few years but I am up for it.:D

Posted
20 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Hehe, that’s because it’s not my greenhouse, it’s my lounge! The growlight garden was £70 I think, bit pricey but I had amazon vouchers from my birthday to use so came out cheap ? The unit is very cheap to run. I don’t grow hot chillies, the hottest is jalapeño at around 2500 Scoville units. Don’t see the point as can’t taste anything hotter, just burns. 

Nice bit of kit that. They should be ready for planting out in a few weeks. I grew Scotch Bonnet chillies last year,hot buggers! 

Just going spuds on the allotment this year,was going to put in the earlies this weekend but can't see myself planting spuds and it snowing on me!

I ll leave it a few weeks now.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
10 minutes ago, yamkin said:

❄❄❄❄❄

image.thumb.png.9ee2ee5f734ff1f7b52cfb0c6ba86012.png

❄❄❄❄❄

Thats what I like to see, old school!:ninja:

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

gfs-2-60.png

Edited by snowray
  • Like 2

Posted
17 minutes ago, yamkin said:

❄❄❄❄❄

❄❄❄❄❄

No way on earth lol. Although I would love to see that happen.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow

Can someone please post the met office warning maps and summary for our location as I can't see it on my phone. I'd be most grateful thank you

Posted
5 minutes ago, snowfish1 said:

Can someone please post the met office warning maps and summary for our location as I can't see it on my phone. I'd be most grateful thank you

The maps on previous post

4D75CE04-BF13-4AD6-A3CC-80DE45191425.jpeg

8696A85C-A585-4BF0-8489-4E8DF1FD4B2C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Anyone else thinking surely we can't get lucky a second time?? Ive seen for myself that it's all there in black and white (or rather blues and purples lol) on the charts but can't quite believe it's actually going to happen eek!!:cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
2 hours ago, lassie23 said:

I always thought the channel tunnel was finished:cc_confused:

Break-sit channel:rofl:

Posted
50 minutes ago, yamkin said:

❄❄❄❄❄

❄❄❄❄❄

I think he forgot his laxatives for that broadcast:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Just had a browse through latest HIRLAM (which imho was best for showing snow depths a couple weeks ago and it looks like light snow will reach SELondon about 6am Saturday morning and spread Southwards and Westwards and looks on and off till end of that run which is 6pm Saturday.Then we may have further snow to think about Saturday evening and Sunday which looks more widespread.I have a feeling that although it may not hang around that long there could be some quite significant falls and i feel quite a few areas that didnt see that much in late feb/early march will be pleasently surprised(if snow is your thing)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
8 minutes ago, Darkcloud said:

Anyone else thinking surely we can't get lucky a second time?? Ive seen for myself that it's all there in black and white (or rather blues and purples lol) on the charts but can't quite believe it's actually going to happen eek!!:cold:

As always, gonna be a case of wait and see, last cold spell some areas got stuck under a streamer of snow showers for ages, while down the road it stayed dry, however this time, there does look to be good reason that snow will be more widespread and persistent for a time Sunday morning, though some spots will obviously receive more than others.

Edited by Nick F
  • Like 2

Posted

Hello SE quarters,how are you lot firming up?

i would just like to post in here to wish you all a snowy weekend and have fun

up here in cloud coo coo land of nothingness we could miss out again from the beast #2 but lets see what pans out

one last hurrah,but is it!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted

During Beast #1 our most prolonged snow was on Friday 2 March and late that afternoon I had a fairly horrid drive home, from only about 10 miles away.

I hardly ever need to leave the immediate local area but here we go again with snow looking very likely, just as I'm meant to be driving to Hampshire on Saturday, back Sunday.  Not exactly globetrotting, but I so rarely go anywhere I'm getting a real complex about winter travel plans!  I'm not the bravest driver and pretty sure I'll be staying at home.

It's the annual Thriplow Daffodil Weekend, such a shame when bad weather keeps visitors away.

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

up here in cloud coo coo land of nothingness we could miss out again from the beast #2 but lets see what pans out

Not sure it's the last we'll see snow this year, guess we'll see, although further outbreaks will probably be more potent in the north.

Posted

Looks like rain turning to snow spreading down across East Anglia and northern Home Counties into London area as early as early Saturday morning, just 24-30 hours away, hard to think it will snow given tomorrow's max will be 13C! 

18z GFS Saturday 00z-06z

18031700_1518.thumb.gif.09698568b8fd844058bda9d9e84b49bf.gif18031706_1518.thumb.gif.16e66da6d7dc664f4d603505123937a3.gif

12z EC snow for Saturday 00z to 06z

ecmwf_snow_6_london_8.thumb.png.b13c97fc6977d7ec2484b9d191affa3a.png

So some towards the north of our region could wake up with a dusting Saturday morning - especially E Anglia / northern Home Counties.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
41 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

Ever thought of moving down south:friends:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Loving the latest 10 day forecast

Monday / Wednesday

thu.png

40% chance of no rainfall, giving me a 60% chance of staying dry, and a 100% chance of nothing falling from the sky?! :cc_confused: :cc_confused: