Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Just been in the mod thread:blink2: talk of washing streamers,:cc_confused: trolls:cc_confused: and snowray got faxed some charts:cc_confused: who is number 1:cc_confused: apart from that looking good for snow in the SE

• Like 1

Posted
27 minutes ago, snowray said:

And Navgem, not the best of models but showing something similar, looking like pretty heavy PPN there on that front.

EDIT...How about this FAX chart for your album?:shok:

navgem-2-42.png

navgem-2-48.png

fax72s.gif

That FAX chart is pure filth and should not be consumed in public places

A note of caution that streamers like this of course rely heavily on the eventual flow, which even at 72 hours out is far from certain with some high margins for error. But given the more E'ly flow showing on most of the 12z suites, that is a justified FAX chart

Edited by snowking
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
2 minutes ago, steveinsussex said:

I hate thames streamers and kent streamers as im always stuck inbetween them both dry as a bone

ugh

Then Sunday's your day for some action.. Make sure to tell the missus/partner to prepare for a few inches:drunk-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
14 minutes ago, steveinsussex said:

I hate thames streamers and kent streamers as im always stuck inbetween them both dry as a bone

ugh

You'll be enjoying Monday's school run then?:shok:

image.thumb.jpeg.d1244fe1050e626ac30e0f8c693922a7.jpeg

Posted

Now that is a proper Thames Streamer on T+72 fax that convergence zone is there for 12 hours a lot of snow would fall BANK. Organised snow too to the S, looks very snowy this weekend. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
On 14/03/2018 at 17:00, Southender said:

All looking good chaps.

Just had a good look through the models.

Favourable conditions for snow for all of us by Saturday morn/afternoon. Uppers and DP's lovely. Air temps -1/+1

I would expect some nice twig looking convergence lines appearing on fax charts in the next 48hrs.

Saturday I think snow chances via showers more so for those favouring a NE'ly tilt to the wind, so Wash areas and SW, coastal Norfolk/Suffolk/Essex and into N.Kent Sheppy/Medway and SW of there. A bit like the start of the last spell...

But Sunday IMO looks like our best shot at a decent spell of snow widely, with a disturbance moving west through northern France in the afternoon/eve and the Thames firing up proper, with some nice energy looking to be building as we go through the day.

Conservatively, I think 2-5cm could be expected widely by the end of Sunday if things stay the same...let's see when we get into the realm of high res come Friday...

Right on queue with the latest fax charts Surrey just posted. All hail the twigs!

Edited by Southender

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

12 minutes ago, snowking said:

That FAX chart is pure filth and should not be consumed in public places

A note of caution that streamers like this of course rely heavily on the eventual flow, which even at 72 hours out is far from certain with some high margins for error. But given the more E'ly flow showing on most of the 12z suites, that is a justified FAX chart

OMG, don't remember ever seeing a fax chart like that, thats actually verified anyway. Still a long way off though at T72, but it seems to me that something special, especially for Mid/late March is likely to turn up for our region.

At this stage I will stick my neck out and say areas around Croydon, Surrey generally, and up towards London including West London could be the Jackpot locations.:)

south-east-map.gif

• Like 6

Posted
4 hours ago, snowray said:

Indeed, Met Office are smelling the coffee, I think that there are going to be a few surprises over the weekend that will create chaos. I'm thinking along the lines of Feb 09 but with higher snow totals possible too.

I have zero plans aside from work on Saturday morning right through to Monday unlike last time around when I had an funeral and an all-night party to go to in a period of 48 hours.

If we get any more than last time, the trains aren't gonna run.

• Like 1

Posted

At the same time as watching these posts about possible snow i'm following the most awful breaking news story that a bridge has collapsed and lots of cars are trapped under it, i don't expect its survivable, just gives a perspective to the bickering going on in the model thread.

Posted
10 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

You'll be enjoying Monday's school run then?:shok:

image.thumb.jpeg.d1244fe1050e626ac30e0f8c693922a7.jpeg

We'll all probably end up like this guy come Monday morning:laugh:

Image result for snow meme

Posted
4 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

At the same time as watching these posts about possible snow i'm following the most awful breaking news story that a bridge has collapsed and lots of cars are trapped under it, i don't expect its survivable, just gives a perspective to the bickering going on in the model thread.

Where?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
Just now, Snowy Bob said:

I have zero plans aside from work on Saturday morning right through to Monday unlike last time around when I had an funeral and an all-night party to go to in a period of 48 hours.

If we get any more than last time, the trains aren't gonna run.

Well I wouldn't mind the idea of an all night party Bob, get a bit pished then snow ball fights in blizzard conditions.:drunk-emoji:

Maybe I should have an early Christmas party this weekend, fat chance it will snow when you really would want it like Christmas and its only 9 months til Christmas anyway.:santa-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, snowray said:

OMG, don't remember ever seeing a fax chart like that, thats actually verified anyway. Still a long way off though at T72, but it seems to me that something special, especially for Mid/late March is likely to turn up for our region.

At this stage I will stick my neck out and say areas around Croydon, Surrey generally, and up towards London including West London could be the Jackpot locations.:)

south-east-map.gif

Reminds me November 30 2010!:yahoo:

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

somewhere near miami

probably an earthquake?

Posted

The latest met office video wasn't suggesting much other than a few cm in Kent so bit confused if we are going to get much other than showers feeding in Sunday also rather than a snow fest. Keeping everything crossed !! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
26 minutes ago, snowray said:

south-east-map.gif

I always thought the channel tunnel was finished:cc_confused:

Posted
29 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

We'll all probably end up like this guy come Monday morning:laugh:

Image result for snow meme

Or his best mate: image.thumb.jpeg.5840f3a5f14506d83e8d5df920233b41.jpeg

Posted
31 minutes ago, Redmc13 said:

The latest met office video wasn't suggesting much other than a few cm in Kent so bit confused if we are going to get much other than showers feeding in Sunday also rather than a snow fest. Keeping everything crossed !! 

No it didn’t say that,it said could be more than 2-5cm in our region.How is it people are unable to follow a video so easily,same in the MOD thread:gathering:

• Like 1

Posted
47 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

No it didn’t say that,it said could be more than 2-5cm in our region.How is it people are unable to follow a video so easily,same in the MOD thread:gathering:

30% chance of more distruptive snow is hardly nailed on imo. Looked more south of region and west in the graphic so hoping it spreads across whole of SE as obviously no one  knows yet.