Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Just got in from supermarket, it was empty, nobody around, plenty of bread, milk, vegetables, etc etc, so nobody knows to panic buy yet.

I'd just like to thank the couple who would not get out of the way and dawdled from the checkouts to their car and wouldn't let me past and stopped to chat with others blocking the path, i got the bus stop just as my bus pulled out and had to wait half an hour for another one, ok it was warm rain, but it was irritating.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

I'm looking forward to the mini snowy spell.. it's at the weekend which means I can stay in, relax and watch it fall..

Sunday is looking good.. GFS shows the band merging with the showers across south London :)

gfs-2-66.png?12

Edited by D.V.R
  • Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

Just got in from supermarket, it was empty, nobody around, plenty of bread, milk, vegetables, etc etc, so nobody knows to panic buy yet.

I'd just like to thank the couple who would not get out of the way and dawdled from the checkouts to their car and wouldn't let me past and stopped to chat with others blocking the path, i got the bus stop just as my bus pulled out and had to wait half an hour for another one, ok it was warm rain, but it was irritating.

Didn't you ask them to move.. politely?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
2 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

I'm looking forward to the mini snowy spell.. it's at the weekend which means I can stay in, relax and watch it fall..

Sunday is looking.. GFS shows the band merging with the showers across south London :)

gfs-2-66.png?12

Yes and I just spotted Arpege, even better, just posted there on the MOD thread, am getting excited and all silly now!:yahoo:

arpegeeur-2-42.png

arpegeeur-2-45.png

arpegeeur-2-51.png

arpegeeur-2-57.png

arpegeeur-2-75.png

arpegeeur-2-78.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
9 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

Poor you, are you keeping your hospital apt or have you cancelled it? I cancelled dentist in the end, moved it for a week later, you know, just in case.:)

Posted

Wow! The arpege is an upgrade from this morning with snow showers from Saturday to more organised snow on Sunday and even Monday has snowfall across the southern parts:air_kiss:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, snowray said:

Yes and I just spotted Arpege, even better, just posted there on the MOD thread, am getting excited and all silly now!:yahoo:

arpegeeur-2-42.png

arpegeeur-2-45.png

arpegeeur-2-51.png

arpegeeur-2-57.png

arpegeeur-2-75.png

arpegeeur-2-78.png

Just posted it.. Remember though steve did say that model is poor:db:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

Wow! The arpege is an upgrade from this morning with snow showers from Saturday to more organised snow on Sunday and even Monday has snowfall across the southern parts:air_kiss:

Yes and if it came anywhere close to verifying most of us would get snowed in similar to 09, but closer to a 91 I'd say, somewhere in the middle maybe. Melt would set in pretty quickly once the sun came out but shifting that much snow could be hard work even in mid March.:help::D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!
4 minutes ago, danm said:

I want that app! And a supercomputer to run it :D

Posted
1 minute ago, snowray said:

Yes and if it came anywhere close to verifying most of us would get snowed in similar to 09, but closer to a 91 I'd say, somewhere in the middle maybe. Melt would set in pretty quickly once the sun came out but shifting that much snow could be hard work even in mid March.:help::D

You're pushing it now:laugh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
22 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

Me too! I was away panic buying some vodka...:drunk-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
4 minutes ago, Mark said:

I want that app! And a supercomputer to run it :D

It’s just on the Met Office youtube channel 

Posted
On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:18, stainesbloke said:

Nice morning here with plenty of hazy sunshine and a mild 12C, but that SE’ly wind is pretty gusty. Looks like our region is best (or worst, depending on preferences) placed to see some snow this weekend. Unless that high sinks too far south, still time for that to happen. 

My pepper and chilli plants are doing well under my new toy (Grow Light Garden by Garland) ???

13ED0617-F13E-429C-B2FC-6C52EBAE8864.jpeg

Looking good.  I notice you have wallpapered your greenhouse and have an easy chair in there.  Couldn't spot the beer keg.

Couple of questions. 

Did you get a good deal as the cost of your buffet food heater makes the chillies expensive initially? 

What is the hottest chilli you grow (Scoville scale)?

Posted
1 minute ago, Ed Stone said:

You do like your vodka lol..

I'm more of a captain Morgan and I love this http://www.takamakarum.com/

• Like 1

Posted
20 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

Didn't you ask them to move.. politely?

yes, please can i come past, several times, just ignored me, even glanced at me then continued.

Hi good peeps hope everyone is well. Me feeling better today slowly recovering from my cold ?. Saying that I think I have passed my cold to this weekend lol ? 

hope you all have had a nice day so far and yes the excitement is growing 1 more day to get over and we are there. Hope everyone gets a good share of the snow ❄️. 

Lets see when the first flakes start to fall my guess is Saturday afternoon. 

Anyway sweet peeps speak soon take care stay safe all 

regards ?????

• Like 6

Posted
16 minutes ago, snowray said:

Poor you, are you keeping your hospital apt or have you cancelled it? I cancelled dentist in the end, moved it for a week later, you know, just in case.:)

I think, i will do as Matt suggested, see how it is overnight Friday and into Saturday morning, I dont really want to cancel it because its so difficult to get one, might be a wait for the next one, as it is this one is a cancellation, to wait without a cancellation would have been much longer. Also the chemist just suggested I ask the consultant to change my meds because they cant get hold of the one i was prescribed so i do need to see someone, of course if its bad i expect the hospital will cancel anyway.At least you could get another appointment quiite soon, so that's good, you cant leave it with an infection, very painful you poor thing.

It does seem really strange to think it will get so much colder in the next day, although its very gloomy and rainy out there, its surprisingly warm, i had my coat on but didnt really need it.

• Like 3

Posted
17 minutes ago, danm said:

Back to radar blob watching it is then.

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

I wonder how many times I have run into you at the Beccles Tesco, and not known it was you.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Hi I’m here to talk about the weather is this the right place ? 

You want to talk about weather..? Yeah right!:p:friends:

How's your bike?