Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

So reading between the lines of the latest METO warnings. Snow possible from Saturday morning through until late Sunday. Saturday day perhaps more patchy in nature and the sun could prevent decent accumulations. But Saturday night and through Sunday perhaps the best chance of accumulating snow through shower trains and perhaps a more organised band nudging up from France. Nice!

• Like 8

Posted
1 hour ago, snowrye said:

Has the forecast dramatically changed?,thought this place would be buzzing,return of the beast,bring it on,hopefully i'll do better than last time,its going to be fun regardless

Probably because its so warm, many dont even look here when its warm so they may not be aware of the weather turning till later today or tomorrow when the media and forecasts on tv start really talking about it.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

The beast @no-2 is preety much set in stone now as we move into the weekend.

Yellow warnings have become extensive for geographical mass!!..

And the upping to amber in certain parts is looking very likely as we get to saturday.

A quicker.....yet more potent beast.

In terms- of snow at least!!!

Edited by tight isobar
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
On 14/03/2018 at 11:18, stainesbloke said:

Nice morning here with plenty of hazy sunshine and a mild 12C, but that SE’ly wind is pretty gusty. Looks like our region is best (or worst, depending on preferences) placed to see some snow this weekend. Unless that high sinks too far south, still time for that to happen. 

My pepper and chilli plants are doing well under my new toy (Grow Light Garden by Garland) ???

13ED0617-F13E-429C-B2FC-6C52EBAE8864.jpeg

Just ordered one, any comments as how good they are and tips?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Could be a lot of snow around by Sunday morning according to this, in fact thats 20cm just south of London, x1.5 for any altitude is potentially at least a foot of snow. So you never know by Sunday evening a foot of snow in Trafalgar Square might not be all that silly after all.:crazy:

nmm-26-75-0.png

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
12 hours ago, snowray said:

Well I know its only little but I should hope that you get to keep your 1cm for a little longer Lass. 

If I was you I would get the bucket out, the goat and the sausage and do your old voodoo magic!:laugh: 

71zmZ3J0I5L._AC_SL1024_.jpg

sorry read that as goat stimulator :oops:got rainy rain here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
On 14/03/2018 at 11:18, stainesbloke said:

Nice morning here with plenty of hazy sunshine and a mild 12C, but that SE’ly wind is pretty gusty. Looks like our region is best (or worst, depending on preferences) placed to see some snow this weekend. Unless that high sinks too far south, still time for that to happen. 

My pepper and chilli plants are doing well under my new toy (Grow Light Garden by Garland) ???

13ED0617-F13E-429C-B2FC-6C52EBAE8864.jpeg

Oooooooooooh my word:D, looks like one of them, erm illegal set ups, are you sure they are just harmless pepper and chilli plants sb?:cc_confused:

Posted
5 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

sorry read that as goat stimulator :oops:got rainy rain here

Here you go, pick your goat for your stimulator Lass, spot the odd one out and win a prize.:D

kEYU4iR.jpg

download-4.jpg

download-5.jpg

download-6.jpg

images-11.jpg

Edited by snowray

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

For the Billy, the Nanny and the Holy Goat - Amen!:crazy:

image.thumb.jpeg.9f8a06b61bd6d79b1bfa5ffc3342af7a.jpeg

Edited by Ed Stone

Posted
5 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

For the Billy, the Nanny and the Holy Goat - Amen!:crazy:

image.thumb.jpeg.9f8a06b61bd6d79b1bfa5ffc3342af7a.jpeg

Oh my Lass is going to have a field day with these goats, that there is a proper voodoo goat too. :yahoo:

Aren't collies meant to be good around Goats, or is that sheep?:cc_confused:

download-2.jpg

Posted
31 minutes ago, snowray said:

Could be a lot of snow around by Sunday morning according to this, in fact thats 20cm just south of London, x1.5 for any altitude is potentially at least a foot of snow. So you never know by Sunday evening a foot of snow in Trafalgar Square might not be all that silly after all.:crazy:

nmm-26-75-0.png

you see that tiny area with no snow? that's the triangle, that is.:cold:

Posted
14 hours ago, snowray said:

You said that last time too though, and you did ok in the end. Good omen?:laugh:

Last time I think we had a more favourable wind direction for this area. You never know though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
5 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

you see that tiny area with no snow? that's the triangle, that is.:cold:

Just how exactly does all the snow manage to avoid the ToD like that?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Edited by Dami

Posted
6 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Just how exactly does all the snow manage to avoid the ToD like that?

Well some place or other on the east coast has to get them polystyrene type snow pellets I guess when we get this type of easterly and heavy snow inland!:whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, Sharpedge said:

Just ordered one, any comments as how good they are and tips?

Really impressed with mine! Easy to set up, very useful pamphlet included which gives advice and tips. Basically, the smaller the plants, the closer the light needs to be and the light hood moves up and down to suit. I put the unit in a warm room which the chillis and peppers like. Have put the lights on a timer so don’t need to worry about switching on and off, they come on at 9am and off at 8pm. Hope it works great for you, too. What will you be growing?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
50 minutes ago, snowray said:

Oooooooooooh my word:D, looks like one of them, erm illegal set ups, are you sure they are just harmless pepper and chilli plants sb?:cc_confused:

Haha! Have had a few suggestive comments about drug farms lol, those days are a couple of decades behind me now ?

Posted
11 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Really impressed with mine! Easy to set up, very useful pamphlet included which gives advice and tips. Basically, the smaller the plants, the closer the light needs to be and the light hood moves up and down to suit. I put the unit in a warm room which the chillis and peppers like. Have put the lights on a timer so don’t need to worry about switching on and off, they come on at 9am and off at 8pm. Hope it works great for you, too. What will you be growing?

Thanks for that, not sure yet, my wife will be using it, it’s arrived and looks good.  Could be useful for fresh herbs.

• Like 2

Posted
31 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Haha! Have had a few suggestive comments about drug farms lol, those days are a couple of decades behind me now ?

Well its your profile pic sb that gives the game away, that hoodie, scruffy Goat-ee and a naughty smile that's obviously been up to something illicit. And what's that I see behind you there, could that be one of them giant bong things that were being imported from Morocco back in the 70's, flower power and all that? In fact I bet that what you had going on in your "allotment" in the quiet Surrey suburbia was on an industrial scale, I mean look at the size of them flames coming out of the top of that thing. :wink::rofl:

252e02950df14276343533a6edacc0a7.jpg

Edited by snowray

Posted

Supposedly taking part in the Adidas City Run in Fulham on Sunday, they are saying they are monitoring the weather, but now with the yellow warning for Saturday and Sunday, what is the likeliness of them pulling the plug before the weekend? 

I'm sure the health and safety people are a little concerned right now! 

• Like 2

Posted

Ok, euro4 now coming into view for Saturday morning 06z, 1st band of snow moving into our area, looks quite heavy too.

Also Met office now have heavy snow symbols over the SE from Sat evening right through to Sunday morning, check it out.:yahoo:

18031706_1506.gif

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
8 minutes ago, snowray said:

Ok, euro4 now coming into view for Saturday morning 06z, 1st band of snow moving into our area, looks quite heavy too.

Also Met office now have heavy snow symbols over the SE from Sat evening right through to Sunday morning, check it out.:yahoo:

18031706_1506.gif

In Dover it' from 6am sat till 6am sun.

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

In Dover it' from 6am sat till 6am sun.

Indeed, Met Office are smelling the coffee, I think that there are going to be a few surprises over the weekend that will create chaos. I'm thinking along the lines of Feb 09 but with higher snow totals possible too.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Although we have a shorter window for convection and snow potential than we did a couple of weeks ago, it’s important to remember that in Feb 09 some of us saw a huge amount of snowfall in only about a 12 hour period. 

So while this is looking like a relatively short cold spell, some parts of the region could see a lot of snow. 

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, snowray said:

Indeed, Met Office are smelling the coffee, I think that there are going to be a few surprises over the weekend that will create chaos. I'm thinking along the lines of Feb 09 but with higher snow totals possible too.

Some one say coffee !! :crazy:

• Like 1