Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
2 minutes ago, steveinsussex said:

interesting period of weather coming up

The fact you are interested Steve can either go two ways.....

1. A Non Event

2. An Event for all but Sussex ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
6 hours ago, D.V.R said:

two plus two is four 

minus one that's three, quick maths

Lol two of my kids were arguing about this song earlier, the younger one was adamant the words were minus 1 that's frequent maths lol.

• Like 2

Posted
13 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Lol two of my kids were arguing about this song earlier, the younger one was adamant the words were minus 1 that's frequent maths lol.

I am willing to bet that standing outside on Saturday morning watching my daughter playing football it is going to be a case of 'Man's not hot'

Any Sunday evening snow depth forecasts out for laughs at this range?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises
2 hours ago, snowray said:

I think most of us would be too embarrassed to meet up face to face after some of the things we have out with on here, 

No really, sounds like a good idea.:)

e29e69115dbcc8ec3ea1254e2e3dd5ef.jpg

Where did you get that photo of me? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
3 hours ago, E17boy said:

I really hope this comes about just feel a bit sh..te been on the Mod thread and there's talk :wallbash:of this being a dry Easterly. I really hope that's not the case otherwise I am going to have all sirens ? blazing without the snow the cold is worthless. 

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Looks dry in the north, however it's to early to tell, and the reason they are all arguing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Looking forward to the weekend,fun and games I hope

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Looks dry in the north, however it's to early to tell, and the reason they are all arguing.

Agreed the more south you are the greater chance you have. I’m 99.9% sure we’ll all be seeing some of the white stuff our region looks to do best. :) 

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

@E17boy - sorry i'm unable quote your post...

..a dry easterly at this time of year probably won't happen as there's too much competition with the warmth (and resultant convective strength) of the sun and moisture driven up from the land/sea/atlantic.

The magic (snow) happens when that warmth and moist meets cold from the east - Winters last blast maybe.

it's a weather watchers fun time - a bit like thunderstorms in the summer (-: 

Edited by Pixel
added
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted

what's going on in the model thread .so much bickering  .all because the high pressure might sink south and some might miss out on snow.

So pathetic,that's how it is ,always someone will miss out,think the SE has  the best chance of seeing some snow over the weekend ,hopefully the met office will.upgrade the snow potential in our region in their next update this morning.

• Thanks 1

Posted

Confused as hell it's yes no yes on MOD thread. Bbc weather boo since Metoffice gone oh no hang on they say snow we like that Hooray Sheesh at this rate I will awake. All night Saturday into Sunday lamppost watching as lampposts won't bicker lol 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Evening/morning all. On lamb watch for a couple of weeks. Please tell me the forecast is someone's idea of a joke :wallbash: I have just about had enough of the relentless rain, snow, gloom and mud. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

The models have downgraded the snow potential for the weekend to just Sunday now:nonono: 

All things considered this event spanning approx 36 hours has enough depth to deliver appox 15-20 cm to the very sweet spots in Kent over a short space of time - similar to 2009

Sat eve to Sunday lunch seems to be the window

Remember GFS PPN woeful - last time predicting 3-4cm in mid kent when it got nearer 30cm...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
11 hours ago, snowray said:

Just started at a new dentist last month, had tooth ache and not been to the dentist in a couple of years, and what happened is that they shut the surgery on the 1st March because of the snow, this was the day I was due in for my 1st appointment. Funny really because I picked up the txt from them and a voicemail just as I arrived outside, its just a 5 min walk up the road though so no worries. Anyway, I saw the dentist last week, really nice guy and all that and am due back for some treatment next Tuesday so I'm just thinking to myself, might they do that again, like shut the surgery if it snows?

I have to take antibiotics the week before the apt and I was going to start them on Thursday. What do you all think, maybe I should just cancel and re-arrange the apt for the end of the month because this tooth infection could come back if there are going to be delays in seeing the dentist after the course of antibiotics is finished.:cc_confused:

You should be ok for Tues:good:

• Thanks 1

Posted
10 hours ago, danm said:

Still can't get over how bad this new BBC map is. There is more of mainland Europe on the screen than the UK!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
2 hours ago, D.V.R said:

You should be ok for Tues:good:

Thanks DVR, yh after seeing todays runs I will go, should not be too bad early next week around here.   Famous last words.:laugh:

Lovely morning here, after a chilly start its wall to wall sunshine and 10c, going out for the day today so will make the most of it.

Posted
36 minutes ago, nicktabs said:

Still can't get over how bad this new BBC map is. There is more of mainland Europe on the screen than the UK!

I quite look seeing our little island in context with the weather systems around us and coming in

• Like 5

Posted
15 minutes ago, SnowBungle said:

I quite look seeing our little island in context with the weather systems around us and coming in

I agree with both. However,there is so many excellent sources of weather information out there that the beeb is becoming irrelevant. They haven't really moved with the times.

Fabulous day today,11c already.

Could be some snow about at the weekend,always good to see. Would prefer it in Dec/Jan/Feb mind. Winter has had its chance.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Lovely day, need two or three weeks of this! However, just popped out and there's still some sizeable piles of snow in shaded areas. Waiting for the next lot as my nana used to say :nonono:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Nice morning here with plenty of hazy sunshine and a mild 12C, but that SE’ly wind is pretty gusty. Looks like our region is best (or worst, depending on preferences) placed to see some snow this weekend. Unless that high sinks too far south, still time for that to happen. 

My pepper and chilli plants are doing well under my new toy (Grow Light Garden by Garland) ???

13ED0617-F13E-429C-B2FC-6C52EBAE8864.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL

An absolutely beautiful morning - blue skies, some high cloud and the birds are singing! The sun is strong, although there's a notable chilly breeze. Currently 13.4 in my garden. I can't believe we're about to have a temperature drop of around 15 degrees - I'm a snow lover but come mid March, and especially on days like these, I'm looking for Spring to establish itself properly. 

• Like 1