Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
16 minutes ago, Nick F said:

Don’t really take too much notice of the BBC forecasts since they lost Met Office, what were they showing for Sunday, 8C? :D

I am only confirming that the BBC are showing an Easterly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

I'll take those snow depths please,although I had a covering last time,places either side of me got pummeled,I moved 10 miles plus inland,and elevated myself to 220 odd ft asl,and it didn't help,bring on the beast,the sequel

• Like 1

Posted

all i say  things could get interesting .and plus easter looking wet!!

gfs-2-102.png

gfs-2-126.png

gfs-2-132.png

gfs-2-144.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
10 minutes ago, MrsB28 said:

I’m supposed to be running the Brentwood Half Marathon on Sunday- do you think the snow will be significant? 

is using skies considered cheating:unsure2:

7 hours ago, yamkin said:

Latest BBC Weather forecast 30 mins ago shows an Easterly. Here's a screenshot...............

image.thumb.png.a8a6b02c1a981ca89067b49cfb8bccb1.png

7 hours ago, danm said:

Not true

thanks guys, so even the mild loving beeb is on board :shok:

Posted
30 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

is using skies considered cheating:unsure2:

thanks guys, so even the mild loving beeb is on board :shok:

Maybe I’ll pack them just incase ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Ah I was supposed to drive to Birmingham on Monday, may have to rethink those plans. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, moogyboobles said:

Ah I was supposed to drive to Birmingham on Monday, may have to rethink those plans. 

yes. i'm meant to have another hospital appointment but i wont go out if it snows.At least i'm still stocked up with tinned and nonperishable food for myself, if it looks like being a few snowy days i'll have to pop out for the bird's fresh meat on friday.At least the baby has a good covering of feathers now so i wont worry about him getting cold.

Edited by JennyJane1
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
2 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Morning all,

Just a final reminder, to any South East members still contemplating entering my " Cheltenham Tipping Competition", you have until 1 pm, to get your entry in. You'll find the "simple rules" and how to enter, on the Cheltenham Tipping thread, in the Sports Zone Forum. If you'd like to enter, please post your selections, there.

The lady above ^^^^^, has entered, thank you JennyJane.

Regards, 

Tom. :hi:

Any chance we could keep betting and horse racing in Cheltenham in the proper thread - I don’t come on here to be enticed into betting / gambling etc . Cheltenham is not even in the south east ! Just a thought ! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Models toying with different ideas but it looks like we could be looking at 3-4 day cold spell with snow around, BUT you will need cloud cover and low temps to stop any melting as previously mentioned the sun is now 50% stronger than it was 2 weeks ago, which I struggle to understand but it was from a senior forecaster so I'm not going to question it 

Posted

Well once again the easterly is looking very likely and some cold temps with it. The question is will we get the snow in? I really hope its a nice low with hours and hours of snow not the showers from the north sea, radar watching hoping a blob comes our way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, c00ps said:

Well once again the easterly is looking very likely and some cold temps with it. The question is will we get the snow in? I really hope its a nice low with hours and hours of snow not the showers from the north sea, radar watching hoping a blob comes our way.

Intresting, comments made about a little low coming out of Denmark towards us at the weekend which would enhance any showers and bring longer periods of snow. Long way off though 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Intresting, comments made about a little low coming out of Denmark towards us at the weekend which would enhance any showers and bring longer periods of snow. Long way off though 

Yeah I saw that - I hope it does as we missed out on the sw/midlands/wales low the other week. As you say a long way off but what a way to go out if it did.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
28 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

looks like quite a potent cold slap for this region.

I'd much prefer a potent hot slap, lassie...But I don't want to antagonise the Smut Police!:D

Edited by Ed Stone

Posted
1 hour ago, Surrey said:

Models toying with different ideas but it looks like we could be looking at 3-4 day cold spell with snow around, BUT you will need cloud cover and low temps to stop any melting as previously mentioned the sun is now 50% stronger than it was 2 weeks ago, which I struggle to understand but it was from a senior forecaster so I'm not going to question it 

Seeing how quickly it melted snow with sub zero dp’s and air temps last time, it will make quick work of lying snow nearly three weeks further on. As you say, cloud cover will be important, as long as the feed is continental keeping those dew points sub zero.

this won’t be as good as the last spell but locally we could see heavier snowfall occur which would clearly give a different impression in these areas.

spring shows no sign of springing ........

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Oi oi what's going on here then??!!! I said goodbye to the beast and looked forward for Spring and now everyone I see is saying SNOW!!! Well as much as I wanted the warmth of Spring, if the alternative is this grey/wet/chilly weather then I'll take the snow again to inject a bit of fun !!!! That is, until there is a sudden drastic change to very warm Spring weather..... in my perfect weather dream!!! In 2008 we had snow in early April and the following month was baking hot, I was heavily pregnant so remember it well, Lol!!xx

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Alright, alright. 

Just as I got out you drag me back in.

What the hell is going on this weekend?!?!

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, throwoff said:

Alright, alright. 

Just as I got out you drag me back in.

What the hell is going on this weekend?!?!

Snow apocalypse :drunk:

more seriously for snow it would not surprise me away from areas which got thumped last time did better this time round.   

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Agree with weathergeek - since the beast from the east episode the weather although warmer has been dreadful, I think we've had some rain every day since!! - what ever happened to high pressure over the country?...the last time that happened I think was back in May of last year.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!

Off to Riga for my stag do this weekend - right into the middle of the beasts belly - I may get bitten!!  :cold-emoji:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

according to BBC London weather (for what it's worth) Kate Kinsella said possibly some wintry showers at the weekend!...