Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

A baby beast coming maybe? How interesting. I took this picture just now a beautiful rainbow but I did noticed it seems to have one next to it. Didn’t know you can get a double rainbow. It’s been heavy showers here all day some have been extremely long and very heavy.  

BB3EF1B7-D3D4-4C1F-A37B-0FC3DB1AAE82.jpeg

FC28D3BE-2FF1-40FB-8F4C-EAEADD96886F.jpeg

• Like 8

Hi all lovely peeps how's you all? I am still wrapped up in bed trying to get over this cold ?.

seeing all the lovely comments on here has really cheered me up and I guess times are to get busy again looks like our visitor from the east has decided to book another holiday and visit us. Aww sorry beast for saying the last goodbye 3 weeks ago how was i to know you will be back. Will have to rename that song now here we go I really want you back.

I GUESS NOW ITS TIME FOR ME TO LOOK UP...............

GOT A FUTURE PICTURE OF YOU BESIDE ME

CFB5DB3C-E9DE-4529-96A1-20D1F7FB6AD6.png

SHOWING EXACTLY WHATS COMING UP..............

ALREADY HAVE A HEARt ❤️ OF FULFILLED DREAMS.....BUT THAT WAS NEVER ENOUGH.......

Can you please can you please leave some time for meeeeeee

WHATEVER I DID WHATEVER I SAID I REALLY MEAN IT I JUST DONE IT FOR YOU I JUST WANT  YOU BACK ..........I just want you back for GOOD................

WHAEVER THE MODEL WHAtEVER THE FORCAST just tell me and I will CHEER YOU ON.......... JUST WANT YOU BACK ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

WANT YOU BACK FOR GOOD

Speak you all you sweet ones soon take care for now stay safe best wishes and fingers crosed

Kind regards ????

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sunny days!
39 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

A baby beast coming maybe? How interesting. I took this picture just now a beautiful rainbow but I did noticed it seems to have one next to it. Didn’t know you can get a double rainbow. It’s been heavy showers here all day some have been extremely long and very heavy.  

BB3EF1B7-D3D4-4C1F-A37B-0FC3DB1AAE82.jpeg

FC28D3BE-2FF1-40FB-8F4C-EAEADD96886F.jpeg

I have in the past seen a triple, mind you, it was a few decades ago whilst staying with my Grandmother in Nottinghamshire.

4 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

the ukmo says jog on cold spell:( at least the global forecasting sausage is on side.

Hope I was singing from the right hym there lassie lol ? ECM will be rolling out soon oh no what shall we do hide ???

if it's still got those low uppers hitting us this weekend then we are still in the game.

fingers crossed ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 hours ago, snowray said:

Anyone listened to the stupid ITV London forecast, think its a recording because I have caught him twice today saying turning colder the weekend, mini-beast, son of beast from the east on the scene, snow on the east coast but UNLIKELY to get into London, how can he possibly say that when its still 5/6/7 days out?:doh:

Really makes me mad!:angry:

yep even the  bbc are saying  it !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
On 09/03/2018 at 22:47, snowray said:

18z says no to a foot of snow in Trafalgar square:sorry:, might get a dusting if we are lucky...if you ask me the GFS model will be playing catch up though with the ECM leading the way in the next few days!:D

images.jpg

I’m in two minds about the possible beast part 2. I love snow and cold but what about my Babies ??

D9122DF7-D4F6-4F6C-876C-B3869C2588CF.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
1 minute ago, shotski said:

I’m in two minds about the possible beast part 2. I love snow and cold but what about my Babies ??

D9122DF7-D4F6-4F6C-876C-B3869C2588CF.jpeg

Can't you cover/insulate them with something? 

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

Can't you cover/insulate them with something? 

I do, and have done before in 2013. I cover the pond and put some under water heaters in the pond , fortunately that year most of the spawn survived. The frogs are fine when the water freezes over. They can stay at the bottom for weeks breathing through their skin, it’s the spawn that’s at risk of freezing solid. ??

Posted
2 minutes ago, shotski said:

I do, and have done before in 2013. I cover the pond and put some under water heaters in the pond , fortunately that year most of the spawn survived. The frogs are fine when the water freezes over. They can stay at the bottom for weeks breathing through their skin, it’s the spawn that’s at risk of freezing solid. ??

Probably a stupid question but could you fish them out and put them in a bucket in the house?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
1 minute ago, shotski said:

Ok, can't you temporarily remove them into a bowl until it's warm enough?

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, JennyJane1 said:

Lassie has big buckets he could lend you.

I bet he does ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Why not turn them into bootleg caviar? They could hardly taste worse than the real thing!:crazy:

Edited by Ed Stone

Posted
5 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

Ok, can't you temporarily remove them into a bowl until it's warm enough?

That wouldn’t be logisticaly possible I’m afraid. There’s just too many of them. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
10 minutes ago, shotski said:

That wouldn’t be logisticaly possible I’m afraid. There’s just too many of them. 

I hear that if they start shrivelling up in cold weather then thats their lot, they are dying.:sorry:

But do you mind me asking, if there are so many of them do you really have to save all of them? You could just put as many as you can in a bucket and the rest will just have to take care of themselves. :)

download-6.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

It is piggin raining. The car didn't piggin start. Had to walk in dark and wet to collect bubs from brownie's. piggin' weather.

Posted
17 minutes ago, shotski said:

What insulation do you put on the surface?

Edited by Snipper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
3 minutes ago, snowray said:

I hear that if they start shrivelling up in cold weather then thats their lot, they are dying.:sorry:

But do you mind me asking, if there are so many of them do you really have to save all of them? You could just put as many as you can in a bucket and the rest will just have to take care of themselves. :)

download-6.jpg

Which all raises an interesting question: if frogs can't survive cold weather, how come they still exist? Wouldn't 1963 have wiped them all out?:cc_confused:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hello again peeps ? What a variety of weather and how quickly our volatile atmosphere changes. Couple of weeks ago we were in the grips of a freeze then this week it has turned mild in fact yesterday was like a humid day and then few places had the thunderstorms. Noew we are looking down at the barrel of another possible whiteout I wonder what will follow after this the hurricane season lol ?. 

I am beginning to wonder our winters have been running in patterns, have we now from this winter started the cold row will all the next 4 or 5 winters be proper winters. 2008 to 2013 all had some proper snow then we had a lul until this winter. Who knows only time will tell. 

Anyway peeps models still looking good for this weekend but how long and how much snow is anyone's guess. Like the last easterly that was being predicted as dry untill closer to the time and look what we got some intense snow. We shall see 

speak soon all stay safe 

regards ????