Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I think the weekend is to far ahead, if still showing Wednesday night, in will take more notice, still recovering wrong from the last cold spell which left me with a chest infection. Will be wearing a scarf around my face rather than neck if it comes. Always have my mouth slightly open when walking and was breathing that cold straight into my lungs.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Apparently a woman rang  the bbc and said the second beast from the east is on its way, well don't worry it isn't:oops: All sounds very fishy;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
30 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

I think the weekend is to far ahead, if still showing Wednesday night, in will take more notice, still recovering wrong from the last cold spell which left me with a chest infection. Will be wearing a scarf around my face rather than neck if it comes. Always have my mouth slightly open when walking and was breathing that cold straight into my lungs.

I always used to keep my gob open, until I spent 20 years in The Highlands, that is: it's very easy to inhale a lungful of midges, if you're not careful!:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
1 hour ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Or just ramp for Thunder Snow :rofl:

like, no.

Posted
3 minutes ago, steveinsussex said:

Very skeptical of the current output

IMO models are like politicians: the more they tell you what you want to hear, the harder it gets to believe them?:cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
34 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

like YES PLEASE

like no.

Posted

More snow for the Triangle of Doom? After all the years of hurt, too!:yahoo::yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

LOL we are not back in the winter game are we?

Maybe I will keep my snow tyres on a little longer yet...

Posted

i think its fair to say I fell off my chair this morning -16 hitting kent

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

regardless of the weather later in the month it is really un pleasant out today in Surrey ! almost continuous rain or heavy drizzle on pretty cold with 7c 

Posted

Sooooooo. the beast from the east might return this weekend. Anyone for a channel low that'll dump a foot of snow to EVERYONE in the SE down to sea level? Now wouldn't that be a nice bang to go out with

• Like 1

Posted
30 minutes ago, c00ps said:

Sooooooo. the beast from the east might return this weekend. Anyone for a channel low that'll dump a foot of snow to EVERYONE in the SE down to sea level? Now wouldn't that be a nice bang to go out with

I saw that modelled 2 days ago by GFS that would be very nice. Disturbances can pop up in unstable cold air masses, seems there’s a 48hr window of deep wintry cold, snow to sea level likely accumulating too GFS has -14C uppers on Monday some models bring -16C in or near to Kent. Truly bonkers following not so long ago...

22D7C679-E93E-4FF9-BBC3-E0D8ED458FAE.thumb.gif.672938128b401e2cac7230b358230ef2.gif

• Like 4

Posted

Who'd a thunk it eh? From blizzards to thunderstorms and then back to blizzards again. All in the space of three weeks!:yahoo:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted

It’s like we are sleep walking into another major weather event !! Timings wise it keeps upgrading its going to be within the reliable shortly ....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Anyone listened to the stupid ITV London forecast, think its a recording because I have caught him twice today saying turning colder the weekend, mini-beast, son of beast from the east on the scene, snow on the east coast but UNLIKELY to get into London, how can he possibly say that when its still 5/6/7 days out?:doh:

Really makes me mad!:angry:

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, snowray said:

Anyone listened to the stupid ITV London forecast, think its a recording because I have caught him twice today saying turning colder the weekend, mini-beast, son of beast from the east on the scene, snow on the east coast but UNLIKELY to get into London, how can he possibly say that when its still 5/6/7 days out?:doh:

Really makes me mad!:angry:

I would see it as a good sign that they are at least talking about it plenty of time for it to correct south or north - it’s exciting and also as most of us have a done cold fix we can spectate in it with out it being all or nothing !!? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
15 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

I would see it as a good sign that they are at least talking about it plenty of time for it to correct south or north - it’s exciting and also as most of us have a done cold fix we can spectate in it with out it being all or nothing !!? 

I can still remember, before all the brain washing really got going, that they would normally say, turning colder with the chance of some wintry showers mainly towards the east. Can anyone else remember the good old days?

Then it usually went (from about Friday), something like this: Wintry showers in the east, possibly followed by some more prolonged snow, we will keep you updated. 

Anyway, lots of snow about for all of us including London on the GFS 12z run starting next Sunday:

:yahoo:

150-574UK.gif

162-574UK.gif

168-574UK.gif

gfs-2-168.png

gfs-2-174.png

Edited by snowray
  • Like 4

Posted

ICON model wants to bring the Beast into the UK late Friday. Interesting times ahead :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 hours ago, lassie23 said:

i'm glad i kept my melons under wraps

Was it Fish or Melons, or Sausage from the east? Your confusing me now:cc_confused:

You know what, I think you just want to have your cake and eat it too!:rofl: