Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
3 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

well the vest making is increasing here, hopefully nothing gets laid within the next couple of weeks

Well you did say it Lass, that GFS is the best model since sliced sausage.:rofl:

Here we see a representation of a Ruskie sausage thats been been sliced up and ready for storage for a soviet era family, come to think of it they are probably going to need vests too so you keep knitting them vests....:unsure2:

f6c162c25dad16b422b1ab7157f3fe53.jpg

Posted

It would be just brilliant if we could get a streamer event like the one 10 days ago! I am getting excited for the child of the beast. It could be an epic weekend  for a few reasons next weekend:D

To be honest I would take Ireland losing to England  next weekend if we got a beasterly instead. Lassie clean your bucket for two hours again. I'm convinced it did the trick last time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
4 hours ago, snowray said:

Well you did say it Lass, that GFS is the best model since sliced sausage.:rofl:

Here we see a representation of a Ruskie sausage thats been been sliced up and ready for storage for a soviet era family, come to think of it they are probably going to need vests too so you keep knitting them vests....:unsure2:

f6c162c25dad16b422b1ab7157f3fe53.jpg

the gfsausage says yes:yahoo:

4 hours ago, Bricriu said:

It would be just brilliant if we could get a streamer event like the one 10 days ago! I am getting excited for the child of the beast. It could be an epic weekend  for a few reasons next weekend:D

To be honest I would take Ireland losing to England  next weekend if we got a beasterly instead. Lassie clean your bucket for two hours again. I'm convinced it did the trick last time.

i'll scrub my bucket for four hours if it helps lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,:hi:

Would just like to post the following: A thread I've created, for a Cheltenham Festival Tipping Competition. Would really like some entries, from our region.

"Morning all,

Well the Cheltenham Festival, is almost upon us. I worked in the Bookmaking Industry, for around 28 years. No other meeting gave me the "buzz", that Cheltenham week did. The last 12 years of my career were spent with spent with Sunderland Bookmakers, in their Credit Office, in Croydon. I ran various fantasy, tipping competitions on many different sports.

Racing ( Cheltenham, Liverpool ( Grand National meeting ), Epsom Derby, Royal Ascot, Glorious Goodwood, even Longchamp's, Arc de Triomphe meeting and Breeder's Cup meetings, in the US.

Football: UEFA Champions League, European  Int. Ch'ships and World Cups.

Golf: The 4 major championships plus the unofficial 5th major ( the TPC at Sawgrass )

And some cricket tournaments.

Would like to recreate the Cheltenham Tipping Competition here, for members here. It's simple to enter. Just select one horse, in each of the 7 races, on each day, Tues 13th March to Fri 16th March ( Inc,) A few simple rules below:

1. You will be placed a "virtual" £1 each way, on each selection, at the horses, returned starting price. Your stakes will be returned, in your "virtual"  winnings. E.g A 10/1 winner will give you a profit of £14.50, £11 for the win and £3.50, for the place part. A 20/1 winner, will give you a "virtual" win of £27, £21 for the win and £6, for the place part. A 16/1, placed horse, will give you £5, etc,  etc.

2. Losing stakes will NOT be deducted, from your total. Your "virtual" profit, will accumulate, throughout the week.

3. Place terms will be as follows: 4 or less runners (All up to win), never known such a small field to occur, at the Festival. 5,6,7 runners 1/4 the odds, 1st and 2nd. Races with 8 or more runners, 1/4 the odds 1st,2nd,3rd. Handicaps of 16 to 21 runners, 1/4 odds 1st,2nd,3rd,4th. Handicaps of 22 or more runners, 5th place will also be paid, 

4. Any dead-heat occurring, will NOT, result in your stakes, being split!! ( Can't remember the last dead-heat, at the Cheltenham Festival.)

5. Rule 4 deductions of less than 15p in the £, will NOT be enforced.

6. You must post up your selections by 1 pm, on a daily basis. You DON'T have to give all your selections, for the whole meeting, by 1 pm on Tues. 13th. 

If you can "settle" ( calculate ), your own selections bets, that would be a big help. But I will be keeping my own record of your selections and will post up the current standings, at the end of each days racing.  Obviously, there will not be any prize money, if you win, you'll have the honour of being Net Weather Cheltenham Tipping Champion!! Surely, that's enough. Obviously, your entry will cost you nothing, either. Just a bit of form studying time!! I'm going to try and get my son and daughter to enter, as well. They both worked with me for, Sunderland's.

Really do hope I manage to generate, a bit of interest"

So, if any of you would like to enter, just post your selections, on each day of the Festival, on the Cheltenham Tipping thread, in the Sports Zone. Would really like to see some entries, from our region.

Hope you all enjoy, Mother's Day.

Regards,

Tom.

Morning gang! 

The cold predicted in a week or so is starting to gain some traction expect the form to get busy again! Unreal charts churned out this morning on the GFS and something I have never witnessed having such deep cold so late on 

On to today and certainly a risk of a few flashes of lightning almost anywhere the breaks in the cloud over the channel may aid in convection once the sun gets things warming up 

• Like 2

Posted
9 hours ago, lassie23 said:

well the vest making is increasing here, hopefully nothing gets laid within the next couple of weeks

Mine have laid two more eggs, but they're not clever enough to make clothing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

A nice early Spring day here and feeling mild. Some breaks in the cloud with sunshine coming through, would like a lot more of that! The grey skies are depressing. Happy Mother’s Day :)

• Like 5

Posted

17 minutes ago, Britneyfan said:

I do not want anymore cold weather!!!! That’s a definite, So the beast from the east can jog on, and bring us some lovely warm southerlies 

Well the Global Forecasting Sausage (GFS)  seems to have all but dumped a second easterly, I'm moving to Russia, at least you are sure to get it there......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Afternoon, are people really serious on the model forum getting excited possibly more cold weather, why??? Yes I like the excitement of snow but In Winter, I want some warmth now, our summers are crap as it is so if we don’t get any warmth in Spring then this year will be very short lived to sit in the garden. Rant over!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

BBC weather just showed an easterly for next weekend ?

Posted
13 hours ago, CK1981 said:

I love the heat. The only difference between north and south is in the winter months. From late April onwards, the whole country is hot and humid.

yuck, your kecks must stick to you like glue

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
2 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Well the Global Forecasting Sausage (GFS)  seems to have all but dumped a second easterly, I'm moving to Russia, at least you are sure to get it there......

Well like Frosty just said over on the MAD thread, the GFS giveth and the GFS taketh away, ECM is being a scrooge too.:sorry:

I want sausage and I want it now, in fact I want all the sausage that I can get, you just can't trust them Ruskies,:crazy:, and vodka too!:drunk-emoji:

Just now, snowray said:

Well like Frosty just said over on the MAD thread, the GFS giveth and the GFS taketh away, ECM is being a scrooge too.:sorry:

I want sausage and I want it now, in fact I want all the sausage that I can get, you just can't trust them Ruskies,:crazy:, and vodka too!:drunk-emoji:

So no cold ? 

Posted
Just now, Snowflake Queen said:

So no cold ? 

Well maybe colder is still on the cards but no Beasterly 2, the son of the Beast from the east SQ for now anyway, although all is not lost. If it turns mild with more sunshine, I know you would prefer that now going forwards, I would be happy with that but not the halfway house like cold rain, yuk!

Happy Mothers day everyone!:give_rose:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Jury’s out with regards to turning colder from next weekend, but despite the model operationals chopping and changing, ensemble guidance does appear to be pointing to it turning colder from the E, NE or N - though perhaps not quite as cold as 00z and 18z GFS. MO 6-30 days outlook points to turning cold with risk of wintry ppn in N and E too.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, snowray said:

Well maybe colder is still on the cards but no Beasterly 2, the son of the Beast from the east SQ for now anyway, although all is not lost. If it turns mild with more sunshine, I know you would prefer that now going forwards, I would be happy with that but not the halfway house like cold rain, yuk!

Happy Mothers day everyone!:give_rose:

Cold rain yuck indeed ! Warmth and sunshine yes please :) failing that how does the canaries look end of April ... thank you snowray :) 

• Like 1

Posted
20 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Cold rain yuck indeed ! Warmth and sunshine yes please :) failing that how does the canaries look end of April ... thank you snowray :) 

OMG I would love the Canaries in April, you done it now saying that, bye bye Russia, I'm off to the travel agents tomorrow!:laugh:

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Lol see you there ???

Cool, lets do it!:D

Highs of around 22c in April on average just looked it up, that will do for me, Russia can defo naff off now.:laugh:

Edited by snowray
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

It feels like spring out there