Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
9 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

Well, I met a guy in the station who was bemoaning that the met office charts lag behind so I told him to come and join us here and see the charts and information the knowledgeable posters contribute.:)

i'd be happy to keep him up to date with forecasts, that's if he doesn't mind added goats, three legged cats and vest making birds:santa-emoji: oh and a wrong forecast of course:santa-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

i'd be happy to keep him up to date with forecasts, that's if he doesn't mind added goats, three legged cats and vest making birds:santa-emoji: oh and a wrong forecast of course:santa-emoji:

I didn't tell him about any of that, didn't want to scare the poor bloke.:cold:

Posted
2 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

Just yesterday evening, the MAD thread was like a Boxing Day stampede (rampede) outside Harrods; today, however it's more like the queue waiting outside a Soviet era delicatessen!:D

to buy half a sausage to see a family of 6 through winter?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
32 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

to buy half a sausage to see a family of 6 through winter?

Yes comrade, and they would queue all day from 5 in the morning for that half a sausage, and loved every minute of it.:laugh:

682d76b3e871f8fbbce1e5b3aaaadcba.jpg

images-4.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
59 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Whatever you do, don't mention Uranus!:D

Posted
2 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Whatever you do, don't mention Uranus!:D

From what he was saying, i think many passengers who couldnt travel due to snow had already discussed that with the station staff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Mainly cloudy but very mild day here today, 14c. 

Still a good chance of something colder towards the end of March on the GFS 12z.:D

gfs-0-300.png

gfs-1-300.png

gfs-2-300.png

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, snowray said:

Mainly cloudy but very mild day here today, 14c. 

Still a good chance of something colder towards the end of March on the GFS 12z.:D

gfs-0-300.png

gfs-1-300.png

gfs-2-300.png

better get me sausage out

Posted
6 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

better get me sausage out

If you run out of sausage meat Lass just give them some of your old tripe, blinking Ruskies!:rofl:

Hi peeps good evening hope everyone is keeping well. I have come down with the cold virus ??, so been tucked up in bed all day. 

Looks as if there are some interesting developments going on winter might have a last sting and in a weeks time are we going to be here looking forward to radar watching. Who knows but things are beginning to get interesting we shall see how the next few days pan out on the models.

Anyway peeps I have just had a glass of hot lemon and am going to wrap myself up again in my bed. 

Will speak soon take care best wishes stay saf all. 

????

• Like 3

Posted
6 minutes ago, E17boy said:

Hi peeps good evening hope everyone is keeping well. I have come down with the cold virus ??, so been tucked up in bed all day. 

Looks as if there are some interesting developments going on winter might have a last sting and in a weeks time are we going to be here looking forward to radar watching. Who knows but things are beginning to get interesting we shall see how the next few days pan out on the models.

Anyway peeps I have just had a glass of hot lemon and am going to wrap myself up again in my bed. 

Will speak soon take care best wishes stay saf all. 

????

I hope i get a snow grain:drunk-emoji:

Edited by lassie23

26 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I hope i get a snow grain:drunk-emoji:

Bless you lassie well I think it is far too early to pinpoint anything at the moment. It's early days but like the last cold spell if the models start showing very cold uppers coming in as we head towards next weekend and beyond then our region might be in business and snow showers will be on the menu. 

Lets see what pans out it might be a watered down down cold snap compared to the depth of cold we had last time. 

The models will only tell so it's a waiting game again. Beast part 2 who knows.

kind regards 

????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

SSW has weekend the westerly winds and they are becoming easterly, thus displacing cold air into northern europe, thus it might snow, thus i'm happy with that:good:

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Location: North of Steyning - West Sussex - some 10 miles south of Horsham
  • Location: North of Steyning - West Sussex - some 10 miles south of Horsham
28 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

Well, ale be damned....

Hope it's not a bitter pill to swallow.

Posted

Just booked my flights to Vietnam for the end of May. If it’s anything like last year, the temperature will be in the high 30’s with DP’s in the high 20’s. Love that oppressive heat ??

Posted
31 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

Just booked my flights to Vietnam for the end of May. If it’s anything like last year, the temperature will be in the high 30’s with DP’s in the high 20’s. Love that oppressive heat ??

Sounds like a sauna no thanks! I’m good with heat but I hate humidity. Drains the life out of you. Might not be such an issue for you.... if I did go to a tropical country I’d go in cooler months. However, near the equator it’s pretty much constant heat & humidity throughout year, well you do have the dry and wet seasons. There’s probably quite a difference in the climate from south and north Vietnam. 

Edited by Daniel*
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Anyone watching the 18z roll out? The beast 2 arrives at T168...lots more snow to come for us again by the looks of it.:yahoo:

gfs-0-168.png

gfs-1-168.png

186-574UK.gif

Edited by snowray
  • Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Daniel* said:

Sounds like a sauna no thanks! I’m good with heat but I hate humidity. Drains the life out of you. Might not be such an issue for you.... if I did go to a tropical country I’d go in cooler months. However, near the equator it’s pretty much constant heat & humidity throughout year, well you do have the dry and wet seasons. There’s probably quite a difference in the climate from south and north Vietnam. 

I love the heat. The only difference between north and south is in the winter months. From late April onwards, the whole country is hot and humid.

Posted
53 minutes ago, snowray said:

Anyone watching the 18z roll out? The beast 2 arrives at T168...lots more snow to come for us again by the looks of it.:yahoo:

gfs-0-168.png

gfs-1-168.png

186-574UK.gif

well the vest making is increasing here, hopefully nothing gets laid within the next couple of weeks