Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

So there are very tentative signs winter may not be done with us just yet. I can  only hope so. I'll never understand how people, who say they crave snow, can be sick of it after only a few days. Yes it's nervy driving in it, but i love the way snow can transform a drab concrete jungle into something with splendour. We may be waiting a very long time to see something even half as good as last week again.

Hopefully only nine days or so. Bring on round 2:D:yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
13 minutes ago, Bricriu said:

So there are very tentative signs winter may not be done with us just yet. I can  only hope so. I'll never understand how people, who say they crave snow, can be sick of it after only a few days. Yes it's nervy driving in it, but i love the way snow can transform a drab concrete jungle into something with splendour. We may be waiting a very long time to see something even half as good as last week again.

Hopefully only nine days or so. Bring on round 2:D:yahoo:

i want three months of snow, not three ****** days, I mean what the**** is the point of a ******* three ****** day cold spell for **** sake. Have we got to D yet in named storms or is there still a chance of getting storm ding dong, ******* hope so:yahoo:

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

i want three months of snow, not three ****** days, I mean what the**** is the point of a ******* three ****** day cold spell for **** sake. Have we got to D yet in named storms or is there still a chance of getting storm ding dong, ******* hope so:yahoo:

Bring back 1962!

• Like 5

Posted
1 minute ago, Bricriu said:

Bring back 1962!

i would have liked to be around for that winter

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
5 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

i would have liked to be around for that winter

I was!:yahoo::yahoo:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

I was!:yahoo::yahoo:

snow  can go away

1  stop  cock

2 cistern stop flushing    needed  a  new  one

3  ball  cock  vave   dripping  new  one

4  broad   band    went down  {water  frost}

that plenty  for one week!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Likes hot weather. Don't like the cold.
39 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

get any snow grains and sleet:rofl:

No, but plenty of snow and freezing temperatures on a night. The pavements were frozen over and any flattened snow turned to ice. The icicles were fantastic, mainly from the buildings and the Windows had ice on the inside, no central heating or double glazing in those days. I went to school in Toolley street in London and we used to slide down the street to school. We had ice slides in the playground for quite a few weeks. If people would like those temperatures now it would paralize the country, considering the amount of traffic now compared to those days. In the road I lived in in London S E 12 even the horse drawn milk float stopped deliveries as the horse could not get traction up a small hill. I hope we never see it that bad again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
5 hours ago, JennyJane1 said:

https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070228134132AA8SvHl

here we are discussion of them, yes it was 8 for a penny, i remember now because they were so tiny.

Mojos, fruit salads and black jacks.....Loved them all!:D

51CD1ZeC1WL.jpg

fruitsalads.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Up early again, with a cuppa and watched Europa League highlights. Although I'm an A.C. Milan fan, really pleased that Arsenal won., as my son, daughter and her boyfriend, are big Arsenal fans. I'm sure it was a very happy household, over at Chislehurst last night.

Took my son and daughter, over to Milan for a week, in Dec.2003, To finally see their Nanny's country, for the first time. We each chose, an activity to do. Antony wanted to go to the San Siro, to see Milan play a Champions League game, against Celta Vigo. Hayley, wanted to go on a day trip to Verona, to see Romeo and Juliet's, balcony and the Amphitheatre.

ROMEO AND JULIET'S BALCONY

th?id=OIP.jxdwzS3KA8zrZJ4kTwoJXwHaEo&pid

VERONA'S AMPHITHEATRE

th?id=OIP.VB1Sw3rOwBi_iDIKXBEgLAHaDs&pid

I chose a train ride out to the very picturesque, Valle D'Aosta and then up to the French border, to a lovely village, called Pre St.Didier. Very French sounding but just inside, the Italian border. To my annoyance, there was no snow on the ground but a thick, all day frost, the scenery was spectacular, though. We could see, the Mont Blanc Massif, way off in the distance.

VALLE D'AOSTA

th?id=OIP.v42biAjR8rkONSk9o4ZpCwHaFj&pid

PRE SAINT DIDIER

th?id=OIP.ZqmgStGExcwClr01DkqlUwHaFX&pid

MONT BLANC MASSIF

th?id=OIP.gCxzq_3HfnmmEW9kloTl5QHaFX&pid

Milan's stadium, at the San Siro, is huge and as you approach it, from the street outside, lit up and looks like a huge space-ship, suspended in the air.

STADIO GIUSEPPE MEAZZA, SAN SIRO

th?id=OIP.w872b9M85VysIsz5cM0qSwHaFb&pid

It was the 9th Dec. and bitterly cold , it can get very cold in northern Italy, in the Winter months. I can remember us buying, huge steak sandwiches, from one of the many stalls, outside the ground. Milan lost the game 2-1 but still topped their group and had already qualified, for the Knockout Phase. Most of the first team were out in Japan, playing in the World Club Championship, back at the hotel, we saw them lose to Boca Juniors, of Argentina. The San Siro holds 85,000+ but as Milan had already qualified, the decent sized crowd of 35,000, made the stadium look empty!! For such a huge, important stadium, facilities were poor, though. Can remember Hayley, having to queue for an eternity, at half-time, to use the toilet, which evidently was basically, just a hole in the ground!!:nonono:Another abiding memory was the racket those flares make, when let off, really glad we don't allow them, in England!!

Me and the kids, had a fantastic week. Lovely memories!!

Hope you all enjoy your day.

Regards,

Tom.:hi:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Well the birds disagree with the ECM and UKMO and have already started building their vests with stuff from my garden, winter over?

Posted

What a difference a week makes last Friday everything frozen and preparing for that evenings snowfall, today out in the t-shirt and birds singing in all directions

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Nothing much in today's modelling to get too excited about. Apart from one or two 'clusters' that is.:D

Posted
  • Location: North of Steyning - West Sussex - some 10 miles south of Horsham
15 hours ago, Bricriu said:

Bring back 1962!

Strictly speaking, and as you may know, December 1962, and Jan + Feb 1963. The "big freeze" fizzled out as March got going. 

Posted

unlikely that the beast from the east will pay us another visit, looks like we are going to have to put up with the winker from the west instead:wink:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Had a nice morning with Colette, at the over 50s club, at our local church. Tea and cake, followed by a guest speaker, on the subject of how to research your family history, on the internet. Arranging for weather presenter, Ian Currie, to conduct a talk about, Frost Fairs, on the Thames, in a few months time.

Regards,

Tom.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
19 hours ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Never heard of them :(  Hubby just laughed at me ( he’s 9 yrs older than me ) he said yep they are sweets babe :oops:

Used to love mojos

• Like 3

Posted
7 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Well the birds disagree with the ECM and UKMO and have already started building their vests with stuff from my garden, winter over?

vests, your birds have taken advanced knitting classes?

Posted
3 hours ago, Come rain snow or shine said:

Strictly speaking, and as you may know, December 1962, and Jan + Feb 1963. The "big freeze" fizzled out as March got going. 

I know. I was just responding to lassie's wish for nearly three months of a big freeze

Posted
7 minutes ago, Bricriu said:

I know. I was just responding to lassie's wish for nearly three months of a big freeze

Three months of it was great for children but not, i suspect, for adults ... except for the snow geeks. I wuz there.