Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, snowray said:

Yes but last week we must have sucked too hard, I mean the easterly just kept on going across the Atlantic to North America so 2 weeks of blizzards turned into 4 days!:cc_confused:

Really got to get the sucking right this time:)

Nowt beats a good suck!!!:good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
Just now, snowray said:

Yes but last week we must have sucked too hard, I mean the easterly just kept on going across the Atlantic to North America so 2 weeks of blizzards turned into 4 days!:cc_confused:

Really got to get the sucking right this time:)

lol does the ECM suck

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

lol does the ECM suck

Well I tell you one thing, I'm getting pretty fed up with this yucky, rainy, mild, sucking weather!:rofl:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
27 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Famous last words. :D I don’t think we’re quite done yet... the models as a whole are going colder mid month.

C2C1474A-C904-44F7-B3A2-15DFA410E012.thumb.png.5b35b4ece31fdcbc8de46c65aa895d6d.png

Don’t get me wrong, I love the cold more than anyone but...... the frogs are never wrong. 

EPS for the same time. 

69C292C0-A450-4CFC-8A61-B4B2925B3E6B.png

• Like 1

Posted
42 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

That was at snowray as he said about dementia...glad you have found a good care home but still doesn’t hurt to poke about and ask questions now and then , would be much better if all these care homes wasn’t private .. put them under the councils that way they can’t rate them selfs .. 

In times past part of my job was visiting and valuing care homes. So when seeking one for my mum saw many and dismissed most. The home is well aware I am looking and checking. Their policy is turn up when you want without making an appointment.

I disagree that homes should not be private.  Depends what they are like.  Seen enough.

What annoys me is the residents who have savings pay more than local authority placements.  So mother's savings, that were taxed all the way down the line, are effectively taxed again subsidising those who for whatever reason have no savings  

At the the end of the day there is no way I could look after my mum. What has been chosen is the best of less than palatable options. 

Posted
27 minutes ago, snowray said:

Thanks SQ. The only way forward that I have found with mum that works is to not take things too seriously, develop a sense of humour, and try to detach, if you get over emotional or sentimental about things all the time then its all going to go down hill fast. And If things get silly, then fine, sometimes we are like two kids, she's into balloons right now, it was colouring books before Christmas, although she's still waiting for Christmas day now. A certain amount of spirituality certainly helps too.

Quite agree as my brother and myself use to report to each other after a visit trying to see some humour, even if slightly dark. 

As my brother died last October after a horrendous few months (boys please have yourself checked out for prostate cancer).  I am now left on my own dealing with my mother and her interests. Retirement was never meant to be like this.

Not much you can do other than get on with it. Plenty of other people with more difficult lives

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
1 minute ago, Snipper said:

Quite agree as my brother and myself use to report to each other after a visit trying to see some humour, even if slightly dark. 

As my brother died last October after a horrendous few months (boys please have yourself checked out for prostate cancer).  I am now left on my own dealing with my mother and her interests. Retirement was never meant to be like this.

Not much you can do other than get on with it. Plenty of other people with more difficult lives

I'm on my own dealing with everything too, I have simply lowered my expectations and thats ok, yes there are always people far, far worse off. My uncle just died with prostrate cancer, fittest man of 89 you could meet, ex copper, when it gets into your bones thats your lot, very sad indeed.:(

But with your mum being in a home, you must still have a lot of freedom in your retirement to do many things.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Had a slow and tedious drive in rain and drizzle from St Leonards-on-Sea to my re-arranged hospital appointment in Sidcup this morning and was quite surprised to see some occasional patches of snow still lingering alongside the A21 on the way.

• Like 3

Posted
28 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Nowt beats a good suck!!!:good:

:bad:

cipp-tv-morning-show-host-oliver-sutton-saves-co-worker-from-frostbite-by-sucking-his-toes-e1515459528272.jpg

Posted
3 minutes ago, snowray said:

But with your mum being in a home, you must still have a lot of freedom in your retirement to do many things.

Yes of course. Apart from my wife breaking her ankle and can only sit all day with her foot raised to reduce swelling. Things improving but a slow job. Not fun for someone who loves dancing having a broken ankle.  Gives me a get out of jail card as I am not so keen on dancing  even if I can do it.

Now know the mysteries of the washing machine programmes. Just as well I have always done a lot of the cooking. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Quite a nice day here, after the early heavy rain. Plenty of sunny spells and moderate winds, felt quite chilly though. Managed to get to the allotment for 2 hours and drastically prune the mature apple tree. 

2105FC5F-57ED-4176-8425-0A393BC5A750.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Quite a nice day here, after the early heavy rain. Plenty of sunny spells and moderate winds, felt quite chilly though. Managed to get to the allotment for 2 hours and drastically prune the mature apple tree. 

2105FC5F-57ED-4176-8425-0A393BC5A750.jpeg

The morning was dire, heavy rain, but I admit that the afternoon was very pleasant here too, lovely sunshine and felt mild and spring like. :)

• Like 1

Posted
25 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Yes nice to get back to growing stuff. Or hacking back in your case. Surprised how many of my plants, cuttings and seedlings survived in my greenhouse that was only heated very little. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
42 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Yes nice to get back to growing stuff. Or hacking back in your case. Surprised how many of my plants, cuttings and seedlings survived in my greenhouse that was only heated very little. 

Great stuff. With the rapidly lengthening days and stronger sun, they should all take off soon :) Are they fruit or veg cuttings and seedlings?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, stainesbloke said:

Great stuff. With the rapidly lengthening days and stronger sun, they should all take off soon :) Are they fruit or veg cuttings and seedlings?

Rocket?:oops:

Posted
9 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

biting your nails, filthy habit

Not sure if he's biting, might be though, but he's definitely sucking......dirty git:laugh:

Anyway, I think that we have a real chance of this white easter, I'm getting all excited now. Heavy snow up in the North Midlands, Wales, and parts of the NW tonight.:yahoo:

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

Been a busy day so haven’t caught up, what’s this above it a snowy Easter???

Posted
7 minutes ago, yamkin said:

Why cant we get all there blinking SSW's in early December, or even late December?????:doh:

• Like 4