Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
4 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

Up early again, to the sound of a very raucous, Dawn Chorus!! They really are happy little fellas' now, compared to this time last week.

My wife, managed to get a GPs apt, for around 9, this morning. Knee still swollen. Will the diagnosis be a "Bakers' Cyst". Spoke to my big sis, last night. She used to work as a , Radiography Secretary, and says she has written up, dozens ( seriously no bakery pun, intended this time, honest ), of Ultrasound scan reports, involving "Bakers' Cysts". Not long to find out.

My wife has a hospital apt, late next week, reviewing her Psoriatic Arthritis and severe joint pain and swelling is common, with this condition. We're not a very lucky family, health wise!! What with Colette and her problems, my two children ( by my first wife ), both inheriting, Huntingdons' Disease, from their mother, my son Antony, has become very ill, with HD, now and my daughter, Hayley, who will go on to develop the illness, in a while. I myself, having had a Haemorrhagic Stroke, two years ago, we really have had a bad run, of it lately. But my children, manage to brush it off and refer to themselves as , "Raspberry Ripples":D

They truly are an inspiration to me!!

In weather news, overnight model runs, still hinting at a colder spell, possibly developing, towards next weekend.

Until then, low pressure very much bossing the synoptic pattern, in the Eastern Atlantic.

Would be nice to see the Cotswolds, blanketed in snow next week, at the Cheltenham Festival.

th?id=OIP.4rDYkneIdWf7ZwSp7fOKMQHaEY&pid

Regards,

Tom :hi:

It certain,y does sound like a Bakers Cyst. I had to have all the tests as my knee swelled up recently. No idea why. Still don’t know why! Best of luck.

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

is it safe to sow my seeds yet:unsure2:

As long as you're over 16 lol

Posted
1 minute ago, Snowflake Queen said:

We must be the worst thread for mind in the gutter ?

I hope so lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
45 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

We must be the worst thread for mind in the gutter ?

Well...if you want to hobnob with the best?:D

Posted

Still some snow hanging around here, no idea how when it feels so much milder. 

Looks like we have a week or two of rain, maybe the odd interesting storm then a possible cold patch. Spring on hold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

The Frogs have spoken, 17 clumps over night. Winters over...?

0F93B7A1-BCEE-48D6-8536-7C2F204C2131.jpeg

Edited by shotski
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
4 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

How many frogs would that produce?

In theory 34 ?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Quote.

"My wife, managed to get a GPs apt, for around 9, this morning. Knee still swollen. Will the diagnosis be a "Bakers' Cyst". Spoke to my big sis, last night. She used to work as a , Radiography Secretary, and says she has written up, dozens ( seriously no bakery pun, intended this time, honest ), of Ultrasound scan reports, involving "Bakers' Cysts". Not long to find out.

My wife has a hospital apt, late next week, reviewing her Psoriatic Arthritis and severe joint pain and swelling is common, with this condition."

Wife's  GP, thinks it probably is a " Bakers Cyst" but Colette will know more, when she sees her Rheumatologist, at the end of next week.

We then had a fair walk, up to Downham Way, to take bus to Sainsburys Saver Centre. During the walk, I managed to tweak, a muscle, in my left calf, for about the fourth  time, in  six months. Very painful!.

Colette got talking to a woman, on the bus. She asked Colette, " How long have you been looking after your Dad?", meaning me!!:D 

Now I am, ten years older than Colette and after my stroke, probably look older than 62 and Colette has recently had her coloured and looks younger, than 52 but that comment was a bit of a "kick in the teeth!!" i always joke that, in our wedding photos, I do look as if, I'm her Dad, giving her away! :D

We've spent some of the afternoon, watching McMafia, on catch-up tv. A brilliant series, if you havn't seen it!

In weather news, 12z runs show lows dumb belling, around each other, in the NE Atlantic, reluctant to clear east, to allow a colder flow, to enter the UK. Shame, as we have decent heights, to our NW and NE but too far away, to influence our weather.

Reading the Met. O. outlook, they seem to want to restrict any colder, outbreak, to the north of the UK.

Regards,

Tom.

Edited by TomSE12

Posted

Went yesterday to check out my mother's house in Southwold. She is now 102 and now living in a home that annoys her.

Lot of drifts melting back from A12 near Blythburgh on way up from Essex

Southwold still suffering from stroppy gulls. Nice to see a falconer there scaring them away from Adnams brewery and Swan hotel.  Nice Adnam's doing something that helps the surrounding residents even if not intended. I was fed up with obnoxious guys dumping on my mother's house. 

Edited by Snipper
  • Like 1

Posted
35 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Quote.

"My wife, managed to get a GPs apt, for around 9, this morning. Knee still swollen. Will the diagnosis be a "Bakers' Cyst". Spoke to my big sis, last night. She used to work as a , Radiography Secretary, and says she has written up, dozens ( seriously no bakery pun, intended this time, honest ), of Ultrasound scan reports, involving "Bakers' Cysts". Not long to find out.

My wife has a hospital apt, late next week, reviewing her Psoriatic Arthritis and severe joint pain and swelling is common, with this condition."

Tom, Southernman was 20 years older than me but looked older than his years (and i look younger than i am) and he was always being mistaken for my dad and one day i left my keys at home so he dropped them at work for me, the security man brought them over to me and said !your grandad brought your keys in!" We always had a good laugh about it.

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Went yesterday to check out my mother's home in Southwold. She is now 102 and now living in a home that annoys her.

Lot of drifts melting back from A12 near Blythburgh on way up from Essex

Southwold still suffering from stroppy gulls. Nice to see a falconer there scaring them away from Adnams brewery and Swan hotel.  Nice Adnam's doing something that helps the surrounding residents even if not intended. I was fed up with obnoxious guys dumping on my mother's house. 

wow she is doing well.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
19 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

It would have been easy, kids go free!:yahoo:

:rofl: best goat joke yet lol

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
35 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

It would have been easy, kids go free!:yahoo:

And probably a very silly Billy!:D

Posted
32 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

wow she is doing well.

Well if you think it is doing well I hope your mother (and you and your family) do not have to go though it.

My mother was very independent and use to visit the old people in a local home in her late 80's. She said on numerous occasion. God if I ever end up sitting in a chair in a room with several others not knowing what is happening please shoot me. Well mother you are and I can't. 

When I regularly call to see her she thinks I am my elder brother who died last October.

At least the Home is good. Costs £1,000 a week. So any prudent savings will soon be used up. 

So sad and a real strain on the family. 

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, Snipper said:

Well if you think it is doing well I hope your mother (and you and your family) do not have to go though it.

My mother was very independent and use to visit the old people in a local home in her late 80's. She said on numerous occasion. God if I ever end up sitting in a chair in a room with several others not knowing what is happening please shoot me. Well mother you are and I can't. 

When I regularly call to see her she thinks I am my elder brother who died last October.

At least the Home is good. Costs £1,000 a week. So any prudent savings will soon be used up. 

So sad and a real strain on the family. 

I meant she was doing well to have reached the age of 102.My own mother and father have been dead for years.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
3 minutes ago, snowray said:

And probably a very silly Billy!:D

Not Billy The Kid?:oops: