Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all, 

Up early again, woke to a very vociferous "Dawn Chorus". A someone pointed out yesterday, they really seem to be happy little souls, now the cold and snow, have parted, bless them.

Poor Colette, developed a painful swelling, behind her knee, yesterday. We googled, NHS DIRECT and they suggest it could be something called "Bakers' Cyst"? ( never heard of it? ). I told Colette, if she's still like it this morning, she really kneads, to see her GP. Which drew the response, " Tom, it's not bl...y funny, it's painful". I replied, "Sorry sweetheart, if we had the dough, you could have gone, private" Bless her, she wasn't best pleased!!:nonono: Ah, Bob Monkhouse, eat your heart, out!!:nonono:

Regards,

Tom.

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

GFS quite eager to set up some kind of cold spell mid month, it just differs as to where the block develops, think it's trying to bring in a north easterly now:unsure2:

• Like 2

Posted
7 hours ago, Nick F said:

I have lived in south Norwood for 8 years, nicer street, and although it does have its issues and plenty of dodgy hoodies, believe you me, there are worse areas to live in London, Thornton Heath closer to Croydon is probably worse, as are places in SE London like Catford and Lewisham that are just as bad.

Hi Nick,

Yes, I used to live in Anerley, with my first wife, during my time as TomSE20. Anerley was ok but Penge, wasn't too clever!! Also, worked in Croydon, for 25+ years and coming out of work late, on a Fri/Sat night, could be quite "interesting"!!:nonono:

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

GFS quite eager to set up some kind of cold spell mid month, it just differs as to where the block develops, think it's trying to bring in a north easterly now:unsure2:

Cold/cool but never really cold enough for snow. The thing I’ve noticed is that all the real cold to our east erodes away this week and in Moscow for example temps will go up by nearly 15 degrees. 

A direct northerly would look our best bet this time of year but would that be any good for our region. ?

0EB2CEF9-F68F-4D51-B1EA-6D81ABAA250E.png

Edited by shotski
  • Like 1

Posted

Models, seem to be in a bit of a "tis", as to what sort of weather, we can expect next week. Cheltenham Festival, starting Tuesday, could be unseasonably warm or unseasonably cold, or alternating between the two. I've experienced both, when working there.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
42 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Models, seem to be in a bit of a "tis", as to what sort of weather, we can expect next week. Cheltenham Festival, starting Tuesday, could be unseasonably warm or unseasonably cold, or alternating between the two. I've experienced both, when working there.

Regards,

Tom.

Yep, getting to that time of year where the flow is often more meridional, so get wild swings from mild/warm to winter, depending whether troughs are east or west. Looking forward to the April showers with sunny spells in between.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Posted
2 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

Morning all, 

Up early again, woke to a very vociferous "Dawn Chorus". A someone pointed out yesterday, they really seem to be happy little souls, now the cold and snow, have parted, bless them.

Poor Colette, developed a painful swelling, behind her knee, yesterday. We googled, NHS DIRECT and they suggest it could be something called "Bakers' Cyst"? ( never heard of it? ). I told Colette, if she's still like it this morning, she really kneads, to see her GP. Which drew the response, " Tom, it's not bl...y funny, it's painful". I replied, "Sorry sweetheart, if we had the dough, you could have gone, private" Bless her, she wasn't best pleased!!:nonono: Ah, Bob Monkhouse, eat your heart, out!!:nonono:

Regards,

Tom.

You're clearly not very well bread, to make remarks like that at a time like that.:D

• Like 1

Posted

Final bit of snow in the garden just about to disappear. The drifts at the side of some of the roads around here will probably last another week or so.

Posted
1 hour ago, JennyJane1 said:

You're clearly not very well bread, to make remarks like that at a time like that.:D

Hi JennyJane, very good, fortunately Colette, has a very good sense of humour! She has to have, to put up with me!!

I actually have nothing but admiration, for her. Being able to hold down her job, as a Senior Carer, in a Residential Care Home, whilst suffering from some painful medical conditions, herself. Colette suffers from. Psoriasis, the Arthritic form of it as well, which seems to be leading to, Ankylosing Spondylitis ( feels like I've swallowed a medical dictionary, this morning!! ) but she still manages to cope with all this, with a smile on her face, bless her. :give_rose:

We both make fun of our respective medical conditions. You can't beat a bit of self deprecation!! Ooh matron. :D

Regards,

Tom.

• Like 3

Posted
30 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Hi JennyJane, very good, fortunately Colette, has a very good sense of humour! She has to have, to put up with me!!

I actually have nothing but admiration, for her. Being able to hold down her job, as a Senior Carer, in a Residential Care Home, whilst suffering from some painful medical conditions, herself. Colette suffers from. Psoriasis, the Arthritic form of it as well, which seems to be leading to, Ankylosing Spondylitis ( feels like I've swallowed a medical dictionary, this morning!! ) but she still manages to cope with all this, with a smile on her face, bless her. :give_rose:

We both make fun of our respective medical conditions. You can't beat a bit of self deprecation!! Ooh matron. :D

Regards,

Tom.

She does very well, i have an emergency appointment at the hospital today so i am glad the snow has gone, would have made it very awkward if it was icy.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Got a lift down the B1014 earlier on Canvey, couldn't believe there are still patches of snow in places :shok:

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, The East has Ceased said:

Got a lift down the B1014 earlier on Canvey, couldn't believe there are still patches of snow in places :shok:

they must have got shed loads of it:shok: it's raining and i told my brother it was going to be dry, boy is he going to  be hissed off when he comes home soaking wet. Thanks local weather forecast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
4 hours ago, JennyJane1 said:

She does very well, i have an emergency appointment at the hospital today so i am glad the snow has gone, would have made it very awkward if it was icy.

Hope things go well today.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

march is looking cold:cold: more snow to come:unsure2:

shut dup.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Snowman still hanging on in there. 

Awaiting snow back up 

C109CCCF-B75C-4CAD-8BA8-A0769AA6C9DF.jpeg

34B678A6-009A-4D7F-B99A-679716FA772D.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

The last time I tried to make a snowman was 1987. It look so unlike a whole man, we had to call him 'Richard'!:oops:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
1 hour ago, shotski said:

Awaiting snow back up 

Going to be honest, the prognosis isn't good. :help:

An okay day here, a dry day with some brighter spells.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
57 minutes ago, shotski said:

Awaiting snow back up 

Did you mean for him to resemble a penus with a small head? 

Posted
Just now, lassie23 said:

I wouldn't mind a white Easter

you might not have a choice :laugh:

Posted
45 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

Did you mean for him to resemble a penus with a small head? 

it's head fell off:sorry:

Posted
1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

it's head fell off:sorry:

Frostbite?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

Frostbite?

No problem!

image.thumb.jpeg.4349c16a2e6257f286c5f1fe59b24e6c.jpeg