Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

My brother lives in South Norwood and apparently someone has just been killed on his road:nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
10 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

My brother lives in South Norwood and apparently someone has just been killed on his road:nonono:

i have been to south norwood and i have to say, not a place you want to be in at night

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

i have been to south norwood and i have to say, not a place you want to be in at night

agree.. it's full of scumbags

Posted
4 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Or indeed during the day!

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Village near me had an armed robbery today ,very unusual around here ,apart from Derick Bird of course :closedeyes:

yeah, he was the anomaly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 hours ago, nicktabs said:

Well well. 

Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 19.15.27.png

How far away?

More than three days no chance it will stay that way.

Posted
32 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

21 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Lived in West Norwood and Croydon and have to agree. Whole area quite bad west Croydon/Thornton heath was the worst spot, don't know if any different now.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
1 minute ago, Mokidugway said:

You could get Donald Trump to build a wall around it ...:D

Lol, he'd have to include the whole of London I think.

Posted
3 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Nothing's changed. 

I didn't know you was a Croydon girl!

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
34 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I have lived in south Norwood for 8 years, nicer street, and although it does have its issues and plenty of dodgy hoodies, believe you me, there are worse areas to live in London, Thornton Heath closer to Croydon is probably worse, as are places in SE London like Catford and Lewisham that are just as bad.

Edited by Nick F
  • Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Lol, he'd have to include the whole of London I think.

Oi you my part of London is nice, Dover is hardly the finest of places. :p 

definitely seal off Peckham, Tower Hamlets list goes on.. :laugh:

A horrible day here, throughly depressing grey laden skies.

Posted
3 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

Nothing's changed. 

I didn't know you was a Croydon girl!

Wasn't happy when we first moved to Dover, but it seems to be the best thing to have happened. Much happier here in Dover. Don't have to worry much about where the kids are if they are late, for a start. Much more relaxed in general. Just miss the London medical services, which are far superior.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Nothings wrong with tower Hamlets lol, my kids secondary school is right at the top of the hill. Tower Hamlets Dover that is.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
15 minutes ago, Nick F said:

I have lived in south Norwood for 8 years, nicer street, and although it does have its issues and plenty of dodgy hoodies, believe you me, there are worse areas to live in London, Thornton Heath closer to Croydon is probably worse, as are places in SE London like Catford and Lewisham that are just as bad.

It isn't safe in the high street at night, i went to a pub at it was like a scene from america werewolf in london, everyone stopped and stared, i thought i'd forgotten to put my trousers on. Just got hissed on btw, hissing it down outside:angry:

Posted
9 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

It isn't safe in the high street at night, i went to a pub at it was like a scene from america werewolf in london, everyone stopped and stared, i thought i'd forgotten to put my trousers on. Just got hissed on btw, hissing it down outside:angry:

Must admit, have never set foot in a pub in S Norwood, precisely for that reason, tend to go to neighbouring areas such as Crystal Palace or Beckenhsm. Anyway  I like to think I live more in Addiscombe than S Norwood having moved locally a few years back, just to disassociate with the place. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
35 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

lol peckham, what a super duper hole

Posted
5 minutes ago, Nick F said:

Must admit, have never set foot in a pub in S Norwood, precisely for that reason, tend to go to neighbouring areas such as Crystal Palace or Beckenhsm. Anyway  I like to think I live more in Addiscombe than S Norwood having moved locally a few years back, just to disassociate with the place. 

Yep addiscombe, Shirley, and surrounding areas are rather nice to be fair. Do any of the pubs still have a pool table those seem to be disappearing faster than last week's snow in the bits of London I've been to recently.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 2

Posted
42 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Yep addiscombe, Shirley, and surrounding areas are rather nice to be fair. Do any of the pubs still have a pool table those seem to be disappearing faster than last week's snow in the bits of London I've been to recently.

Yep can think of just one or two traditional pubs still hanging on with pool tables which haven’t really changed with the times like most pubs that would rather use the space that a pool table would use to put tables for eating at, as food is where pubs make their money nowadays.

i moved to London 8 years ago, to move in with my now wife,  having grown up in rural Kent then lived in small towns or villages after leaving parents home I still can’t get used to living in the city,

Edited by Nick F

Posted

Back to the weather, driving home from Gatwick the back way late this afternoon to avoid the traffic through the North Downs between Biggin Hill and Caterham, still some thick snow drifts surviving the thaw on the more exposed higher parts along edges of the roads. So if you want a snow fix, get up there sharpish before they vanish:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Still a few pockets of snow dotted around my area,you know what they say about snow hanging around,its waiting for more,its only march lol,im hoping for 1 decent imby snow total event

Edited by snowrye
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Nick F said:

Yep can think of just one or two traditional pubs still hanging on with pool tables which haven’t really changed with the times like most pubs that would rather use the space that a pool table would use to put tables for eating at, as food is where pubs make their money nowadays.

i moved to London 8 years ago, to move in with my now wife,  having grown up in rural Kent then lived in small towns or villages after leaving parents home I still can’t get used to living in the city,

Here any pub trying to sell food flops lol, loads of micro bars are doing rather well though, concentraiting on ale and cider, with one of them delving into the gin market, lanes, might have heard of it. Won a few awards. Luckily most pubs have a pool table and pool team or two. Love playing pool on Tuesday nights. Weather here today got up to 7.8 once the early fog cleared. Had some showers this evening.

• Like 1

Posted

Hi! I finally made it to the USA late on Friday night after spending 3 hours on the tarmac at Heathrow following closed runways and two plane deicings. I spent a unexpected night it California (not too shoddy!). Spent today skiing in the Pacific North West with snow falling where it was supposed to be - in the mountains! 

I know it is not regional to the SE but I it is now looking like my trip to Boston (spending four nights there on my way back home) may be affected by up to 12 inches of snow overnight on Wednesday into Thursday. So if any of you want to see snow back in the SE I will be back on Monday and it seems to be following me ?!!

A bit delayed but thanks to all the experts who were a wealth of information over the incredibly cold snap! 

• Like 2