Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
1 minute ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Not meant towards you hun sorry if it come across that way 

Oh great, I re read my post and thought ‘I hope she doesn’t think I’m saying that’ lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
28 minutes ago, Sweetdream said:

I’m under 80 !   ?

Me too...But I have to be quick!:good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
50 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

ooh thank you alexis i've been googling the symptoms and couldn't find much, will definately say to the doctor on monday, yes its been waking me and als very painful when open

Mine is corneal dystrophy, however there are many different types, and also other things it could be, so don't take this as any sort of diagnosis or possible treatment.

Posted

Just to put the cold spell into perspective. I got some ribbing from my Scottish friends about them having more snow than us blah, blah, blah. Well, me being me, I spent some time looking into this, and here are the official stats. The top 2 are in the south of the U.K. ?

AE323878-44A8-404B-9FE5-7107497AB08D.jpeg

Edited by CK1981
  • Like 1

Posted

And I thought the 6ft drifts around these parts were bad. Try a 25ft drift in Nenthead, Cumbria ?

F35A38F5-B025-45A7-AE45-38380D74C304.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
57 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

I’ve always been a bit nerdy when it comes to meteorology. I then went on to study it as part of my A Levels. As well as looking at the models and the science behind it, you also get a gut instinct. Take yesterday, for example. Many were predicting the biggest snowfalls here in the south from the warm front. I spent ages looking at the models, steering winds, temperature profiles etc. and I wasn’t convinced. I said the main precipitation would form in a band north of London through Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire. This is what happened. People often say I’m too pessimistic, but I’m a realist based on what I observe and research. We all what a favourable outcome, but sometimes we need some balance and that’s why I try to add here ?

Stay out of the MOD thread, they don't like sensible realistic posts in there.

Posted

Thought it’d be like Tumbleweed in here but good to see a few are still alive and kicking ?

Kinda want it to warm up now, as I’m going away in 4 weeks or so..up Norfolk way. ..

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

Stay out of the MOD thread, they don't like sensible realistic posts in there.

I know they don’t, you’re spot on!

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, CK1981 said:

I know they don’t, you’re spot on!

I said the cold spell will be over by sunday and got laughed at because one run of the ecm was showing an extended cold snap:cc_confused:

Posted
2 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I said the cold spell will be over by sunday and got laughed at because one run of the ecm was showing an extended cold snap:cc_confused:

They always jump on one run and the usual suspects over ramp. I just sit back and watch it unfold. If I ramp, I’m getting excited and certain about something. I don’t think I’ve ramped too much ?

• Like 2

Posted

Bit depressing when there’s just one huge mound of snow left in the village hall car park...slowly dying ?

Posted
4 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

They always jump on one run and the usual suspects over ramp. I just sit back and watch it unfold. If I ramp, I’m getting excited and certain about something. I don’t think I’ve ramped too much ?

lol i stay out of it 90 percent of the time because of the rampers

1 minute ago, nicktabs said:

Bit depressing when there’s just one huge mound of snow left in the village hall car park...slowly dying ?

very depressing and everywhere is so dark. It was great being surrounded by snow and icicles and having the moon out whilst it was snowing, i felt like i was in another country.

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, nicktabs said:

I’m glad it’s gone now. March will be below average and miserable in that respect, the first half of April might be too, but then I think we’ll return to climatology or better. It’ll be a slow burner 

Edited by CK1981
  • Like 1

Just now, lassie23 said:

very depressing and everywhere is so dark. It was great being surrounded by snow and icicles and having the moon out whilst it was snowing, i felt like i was in another country.

Aww lass so romantic that was 

Posted
6 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Sat in the pub with a beer, fire and watching it snow heavily was bliss. Puts everyone in a special mood. 

• Like 3

Posted
5 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I’m stuck with sleet and snow. And all I want is a nice sunny day to go and do my garden ?

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Aww lass so romantic that was 

must have hit my head lol

Posted

I tell you what though, there are many rampers in here who have failed miserably and then vanish into the shadows. My advice would be as follows. There are a few people here who give a good and balanced view....Steve Murr and a few others (hopefullly me included). Many others I’d ignore, a bit like a BBC forecast ?

Posted
6 minutes ago, Sweetdream said:

I’m stuck with sleet and snow. And all I want is a nice sunny day to go and do my garden ?

i was digging my garden in the cold:oops: