Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

So, guys, as the beast is dying I was wondering what all your weather preferences are? For me, I love any extremes. Snow and cold in the Winter to heatwaves and severe thunderstorms in the Summer. Spring and Autumn are a bit ‘meh’ for me.

Like extremes too, snow and cold is great as long as it doesn’t go on too long. Love summer warmth, thunderstorms and convection in general. Spring is interesting as can have all sorts of weather. Autumn can be a bit boring but nice when cold and frosty. As long as there’s plenty of sunshine, whatever the season, I’m happy :) 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
Just now, lawrenk said:

Sigh.. Can’t help but reminisce to this time last week where our local BBC Forecaster was predicting “cold but dry with daytime temperatures down to 2 or 3.”

john rampy hammond said it will go on until mid march, go stand in the corner john and think about what you said:nonono:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
20 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

I would imagine most of our region is snow free now. The thaw here today was very rapid and we had quite a substantial cover.

Plenty left up here, and just the teeniest of thaws.

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, stainesbloke said:

Like extremes too, snow and cold is great as long as it doesn’t go on too long. Love summer warmth, thunderstorms and convection in general. Spring is interesting as can have all sorts of weather. Autumn can be a bit boring but nice when cold and frosty. As long as there’s plenty of sunshine, whatever the season, I’m happy :) 

I do love a decent Summer with storms. I remember us chatting about the heat down here last Summer as those in the north moaned about their crap weather ??

Posted
7 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

So, guys, as the beast is dying I was wondering what all your weather preferences are? For me, I love any extremes. Snow and cold in the Winter to heatwaves and severe thunderstorms in the Summer. Spring and Autumn are a bit ‘meh’ for me.

Im frightened of thunderstorms and wind storms and i hate oppressive heat, i like a nce spring day, niit too sunny, not too breezy maybe light rain.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Love snow but I get bored easy ... Spring for all the blossom trees ( look like snow when it falls ) summer ( very hot )  to toast my baps ! autumn all the wonderful colours of the trees 

Its dangerous to toast your baps like that.

Posted
Just now, JennyJane1 said:

Im frightened of thunderstorms and wind storms and i hate oppressive heat, i like a nce spring day, niit too sunny, not too breezy maybe light rain.

I know quite a few people who hate storms and I understand why, they can be very dangerous 

Posted
6 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Love snow but I get bored easy ... Spring for all the blossom trees ( look like snow when it falls ) summer ( very hot )  to toast my baps ! autumn all the wonderful colours of the trees 

Love it ??

Posted
3 minutes ago, FiftyShadesofSnow said:

Look shall we relax, the riddle is unsolvable so let's chill.

one more try, i think the answer is Gordon Ramsey.

Posted
10 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

Snow, obviously:cold-emoji:, then thunderstorms...I'll take thundersnow if I have to!:D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
7 hours ago, Paul Sherman said:

Been an amazing week. First the powder snow great for sledging Tues to Thur and now the wetter snow last night great for snowman building and the kids did a great job this morning.

IMG_2775.JPG

IMG_2780.JPG

Wow your lucky we only got yesterday's and it was powder here. Kids through some snow balls about yesterday. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JennyJane1 said:

Its dangerous to toast your baps like that.

I am trying so hard not to type what’s in my head ! So will say yes your right jenny but I do have a hubby who makes sure they are protected with the correct cream ... ok am now leaving ?

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Ed Stone said:

Snow, obviously:cold-emoji:, then thunderstorms...I'll take thundersnow if I have to!:D

oh i dont mind thundersnow, i've seen it with lightning once and heard it once and it was completely different to normal thunder.

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

i love toasted baps, i find summer quite dull if it is non stop sun, the odd thunderstorm to break the boredom, the last summer before the mini ice sets in approaches:good:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold with frost & snow in winter; hot and dry in summer

Snowing again in Dunstable. Very little thawing today. Temperature has not got above 2c today and I spent over an hour digging us and my elderly neighbour out this morning.  I appreciate we are 600ft up in the Chiltern Hills but pretty exceptional given that we are now in meteorological spring ! Given that they have been talking about greyhound racing on the MOD thread I am going to say what a cracking result for Fulham at Derby today !

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Sweetdream said:

No where near Scotland. ! 

i was kidding lol:friends: i have a gcse grade f in geography:unsure2:

Posted

I love heat and I’m a bit of a sun junky when it comes to sunbathing. I’m going back to Vietnam in June. When I was there in June last year, the heat and humidity was quite extreme. On one day when I was there, the local airport (Danang) was reporting a temperature of 38c and a dewpoint of 28c. That was the most oppressive heat I’ve ever encountered in south east Asia.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dunstable Snow said:

Snowing again in Dunstable. Very little thawing today. Temperature has not got above 2c today and I spent over an hour digging us and my elderly neighbour out this morning.  I appreciate we are 600ft up in the Chiltern Hills but pretty exceptional given that we are now in meteorological spring ! Given that they have been talking about greyhound racing on the MOD thread I am going to say what a cracking result for Fulham at Derby today !

I miss Dunstable downs ! Do they still do the orange rolling ? 

Posted

We live on the Whipsnade Hill. I can walk from home to where it used to take place in about 5 minutes. They brought it back a few years ago but I havn't seen it the last 2/3 years. A great place to walk in any weather but particularly good on a summers evening just before the sun sets. If you visit the National Trust Visitor centre on top of the Downs they have pictures of it taking place.

• Like 1

Posted

Does it still have that funny zoo, where the animals spend their days doing uncannily accurate impressions of Johnny Morris?:D

Posted
4 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Does it still have that funny zoo, where the animals spend their days doing uncannily accurate impressions of Johnny Morris?:D

We are showing our age now !